So are we better off today then we were 4 months ago?

ok NObama, I'll bite, what's so funny about being retired at an early age? it's better that I should bust my butt until I'm 65?

Your pompous presumption that I go to “work” every day and “bust my butt” is exactly that; a presumption. I don’t go to “work” every day nor do I “bust my butt” when I do. I like to consider what I do as earning a living and I actually enjoy it, a lot. I don’t do it because I have to, I do it because I like doing it, and at 50 something, I feel like I’m way to young to “retire”. I hope I’m still around actively “making a living” another 20 years from now. Retire? Eh, that’s for people getting ready to die.

Enjoy your short life to the fullest and don’t spend all that money in one place. ;)

i take offense to that nobama! i retired around 40, and am living life more than i ever did, when working outside of the home! And i loved my career/job as well, but i love this even more....who would have thunk it?

i'm pretty busy around here too, maintaining the household, but it is still different than a job....lower stress level.

"Beyond that, there's opportunity all around us. You just have to look for it and the housing market would be a great place to start!"

There's nothing like making a pile of money off of other peeps tragedies. Isn't that what the American Dream is founded on?

Not exactly. Ideally, when someone sells something, they are doing so because that sale will improve their lot. People buy for the same reason. If a tradgedy starts the process on either side of the transaction, that's life. Stuff happens.

When a share of stock is sold, the seller is sure that the value is about to drop and the buyer is sure that the value is about to rise. Given that there could be a varience in the length of time that they intend to hold the stock, they could both be right.

Tradgedy could play into this, but the tradgedy could be alleviated buy the sale. If you have a problem that you can buy your way out of, there's no problem.

ok NObama, I'll bite, what's so funny about being retired at an early age? it's better that I should bust my butt until I'm 65?

Your pompous presumption that I go to “work” every day and “bust my butt” is exactly that; a presumption. I don’t go to “work” every day nor do I “bust my butt” when I do. I like to consider what I do as earning a living and I actually enjoy it, a lot. I don’t do it because I have to, I do it because I like doing it, and at 50 something, I feel like I’m way to young to “retire”. I hope I’m still around actively “making a living” another 20 years from now. Retire? Eh, that’s for people getting ready to die.

Enjoy your short life to the fullest and don’t spend all that money in one place. ;)

i take offense to that nobama! i retired around 40, and am living life more than i ever did, when working outside of the home! And i loved my career/job as well, but i love this even more....who would have thunk it?

i'm pretty busy around here too, maintaining the household, but it is still different than a job....lower stress level.
No offense, Care, but I don't understand why you take offense. I didn't present your opinion, I presented mine.

PS: Don't you get bored with that? Working in the yard just wouldn't do it for me, it would drive me crazy. When I get bored, I have to build something, or buy something to sell. The art of the deal... it’s like an adrenaline rush, I figure it's good for the heart. :)

Last edited:

No offense, Care, but I don't give a rats ass if you take offense. I didn't present your opinion, I presented mine.

ok :(

code, Nobama is buying the houses that are the cheapest, meaning the ones where the peeps lost everything. He's not doing it as a good samaritan helping peeps out before they go bankrupt to help save them, because he can get their property for cheaper when they do go bankrupt. Kinda like a vulture.
And he laughs at us! :cuckoo:

"PS: Don't you get bored with that? Working in the yard just wouldn't do it for me, it would drive me crazy. When I get bored, I have to build something, or buy something to sell. The art of the deal... it’s like an adrenaline rush, I figure it's good for the heart. "

I have plenty to keep me busy, just don't have to worry about money, or how I'm going to screw someone to get it (like you).

it's probably different for a female....there is a lot of work besides yard work to keep one busy when at home....cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, running the household errands and making life easier on my hubby...

work, was my life....i gave it my all, i was successful career wise and monetarily but something was missing....like smelling the roses, being around my husband more and just breathing...

NO ONE on their deathbed wish or regrets, wishes they could have spent more time working...

and money is NOT everything in life..... it takes more cahones to acknowledge that, then to go through life and wake up someday, realizing life is all over but the dying.

code, Nobama is buying the houses that are the cheapest, meaning the ones where the peeps lost everything. He's not doing it as a good samaritan helping peeps out before they go bankrupt to help save them, because he can get their property for cheaper when they do go bankrupt. Kinda like a vulture.
And he laughs at us! :cuckoo:
Hey asshole, I never held a gun to anybody's head to get them in financial trouble and I rarely buy anything once it goes into BK. Why don't you start minding your own fucking business you retard and stop pretending that you know mine.

Hey asshole, I never held a gun to anybody's head to get them in financial trouble and I rarely buy anything once it goes into BK. Why don't you start minding your own fucking business you retard and stop pretending that you know mine.

You never held a gun to their head, lol. You're just there to make a buck off of them. And you call ME an asshole? :cuckoo:

You never held a gun to their head, lol. You're just there to make a buck off of them. And you call ME an asshole? :cuckoo:
That's all you've got? :lol:

What's your game plan anyway, to invest money to lose money or maybe buy REO's through real estate companies after they've been foreclosed on? Your a joke.

My school is likely to close next year. Unfortunately I most likely won't be there for the closing. Getting riffed this year. So, anyone know of a district looking for highly qualified social studies teacher?
sorry about your job loss

a couple years ago I was living well ,although I am okay I have lost over 70 % of my money and my projected retirement has moved from 55 to 60. My adult kids have had to have some money gifted to them recently due to job losses. I have had less in my life and at least my family is alive !!! :eusa_angel:

guess it depends who you are....if you are an illegal alien that has defaulted on your home loan car loan and credit card loans and you are a member of a union you may well be set for life......if you own the company that this guy works for you are probably screwed.....

as for me....nothing has changed .....

flat is the new up baby.........

You just described the reasons why your state is bankrupt brother... :eusa_eh:

My school is likely to close next year. Unfortunately I most likely won't be there for the closing. Getting riffed this year. So, anyone know of a district looking for highly qualified social studies teacher?

Good luck. I would rather be in a social studies teacher prep program now, but I wanted a job after graduation... so I choose math. Another year of school, then student teaching and I'll have my pick of districts.

Yep, math & science are the subjects to teach. I could probably pick up the courses for science, just doesn't interest me that much. :(

What's your game plan anyway, to invest money to lose money or maybe buy REO's through real estate companies after they've been foreclosed on? Your a joke.

If I'm a joke, what do you call a guy who boasts about all the money he makes buying distressed properties from people who are losing everything? I understand that someone has to eventually buy those properties, but you were being quite obnoxious about it. Now you can go back to eating your big macs.

Good luck. I would rather be in a social studies teacher prep program now, but I wanted a job after graduation... so I choose math. Another year of school, then student teaching and I'll have my pick of districts.

Yep, math & science are the subjects to teach. I could probably pick up the courses for science, just doesn't interest me that much. :(

Of course they don't, Annie.

The sort of mind that is attracted to social sciences typically doesn't find hard sciences and math as fascinating or challenging as the social sciences.

There are people who like problems with final solutions and people who like problems without final solutions.

Scince and math typically have soluble problems. They offer us a sort of certainty since typically the problems are isolated by their nature

Social sciences seldom present us with insoluble problems. They offer us uncertainty, since those problems are not soluable.

Social science problemsexist in the world that is far too complex to model and constantly changing even if we could create an ad hoc model of it to work with.

It really is our personality types, I suspect, that lead us into these very different fields of study.

If I'm a joke, what do you call a guy who boasts about all the money he makes buying distressed properties from people who are losing everything? I understand that someone has to eventually buy those properties, but you were being quite obnoxious about it. Now you can go back to eating your big macs.

for goodness sakes Tofu, there is nothing wrong with nobama buying distressed properties...someone has to do it...and this is much better for the home owners selling them then if the owners defaulted, and better for their future credit ratings as well...and better for the bank and homeowner too....so not to have to go through foreclosure costs....

what nobama is doing, if I understood it correctly, is a good thing for everyone involved imho.

Care

"for goodness sakes Tofu, there is nothing wrong with nobama buying distressed properties...someone has to do it...and this is much better for the home owners selling them then if the owners defaulted, and better for their future credit ratings as well...and better for the bank and homeowner too....so not to have to go through foreclosure costs....

what nobama is doing, if I understood it correctly, is a good thing for everyone involved imho."

He's not doing it to help people avoid bankrupcy, he's waiting for them to lose their house so he can buy it even cheaper, then boasts about it. All I was saying was: gee, what a nice guy.

Forum List

Back