So are we better off today then we were 4 months ago?

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
Just curious to know if anybody thinks we’re better off today then we were 4 months ago.

guess it depends who you are....if you are an illegal alien that has defaulted on your home loan car loan and credit card loans and you are a member of a union you may well be set for life......if you own the company that this guy works for you are probably screwed.....

as for me....nothing has changed .....

flat is the new up baby.........

guess it depends who you are....if you are an illegal alien that has defaulted on your home loan car loan and credit card loans and you are a member of a union you may well be set for life......if you own the company that this guy works for you are probably screwed.....

I should neg rep you for depressing me, but you are right.

it is sad really.....

Death is our greatest teacher. We live in one bubble of time, soon to be popped. Why not consider death when you are talking to another human who will die; just like you. Just like you. Just like us.

Last edited:
With a black man at the white house, I bet that the carpets are in better shape than they were 4 months ago.

it is sad really.....

but with flat being the new up, and inflation on our doorstep from the near decade of deficits and as far as the eye can see, on future ones,

that flat is going to be a DOWN in real purchasing power due to inflation that is DESTINED to hit us....if you got money saved already, you can make a mint just by putting it in to CD's at much, much higher returns....my parents during Carter I believe, got 20% interest rates paid just on CD's...they had a couple of hundred thousand saved going in to this high inflationary period and came out with over a million, just from the high yields they were getting....

hmmm, I wonder if one shouldn't buy a house, 30 year fixed at the 4.75% they are offering and then borrow against it and put that in to 10-15% yielding CD's when inflation hits? getting the tax write off for the house mortgage, higher interest on secured cd's?

ohhhh, but that would only work if you had equity in your house, I suppose....or else you could not borrow against it with a second mortgage....hmmm, never mind....

it is sad really.....

but with flat being the new up, and inflation on our doorstep from the near decade of deficits and as far as the eye can see, on future ones,

that flat is going to be a DOWN in real purchasing power due to inflation that is DESTINED to hit us....if you got money saved already, you can make a mint just by putting it in to CD's at much, much higher returns....my parents during Carter I believe, got 20% interest rates paid just on CD's...they had a couple of hundred thousand saved going in to this high inflationary period and came out with over a million, just from the high yields they were getting....

hmmm, I wonder if one shouldn't buy a house, 30 year fixed at the 4.75% they are offering and then borrow against it and put that in to 10-15% yielding CD's when inflation hits? getting the tax write off for the house mortgage, higher interest on secured cd's?

ohhhh, but that would only work if you had equity in your house, I suppose....or else you could not borrow against it with a second mortgage....hmmm, never mind....
Good post, Care, but let us not forget that the recent debt we've incurred within the past 4 months dwarfs that of the past decade.

Beyond that, there's opportunity all around us. You just have to look for it and the housing market would be a great place to start!

"Beyond that, there's opportunity all around us. You just have to look for it and the housing market would be a great place to start!"

There's nothing like making a pile of money off of other peeps tragedies. Isn't that what the American Dream is founded on?

"Beyond that, there's opportunity all around us. You just have to look for it and the housing market would be a great place to start!"

There's nothing like making a pile of money off of other peeps tragedies. Isn't that what the American Dream is founded on?
Of course you could look at it as helping people who are experiencing tragedy and making a profit in order to improve your own situation at the same time. I'd say that's a win/win scenario.

"Of course you could look at it as helping people who are experiencing tragedy and making a profit in order to improve your own situation at the same time. I'd say that's a win/win scenario."

You're helping these peeps how? By taking their house off of them at a below rock bottom price and putting them out on the street? With friends like you...

With friends like you...

Oh is that right. By saving them from bankruptcy or selling them an owner-financed house that they otherwise couldn’t qualify for, I’m a bad guy, eh?

What the hell’s wrong with you, are you a natural nincompoop or do you have to work on it?

I'm much better off than I was 4 months ago. I was in no danger of foreclosure, but I've still benefited from refinancing to 5% on my mortgage. I emptied my IRA near the peak for downpayment money on my house, and only reopened a new on in March... near the bottom, so I'm up about 16% on the year so far. I'm not claiming to time the market, just happened to be lucky :D

it is sad really.....

funny you should mention this......i had this conversation with my advisors this morning....my house is currently worth twice what i paid for it but half what it was worth two years ago....i am working on consolidating my personal line of credit and home loan into a 30 year fixed....i will still have equity available to draw from and i have a cash posistion of a little under a mill invested in various things....most low risk.....i just got the numbers for the first 4 months of my company and completed projections through the end of june....my division should be firmly in the black by the 4th of july with workload increasing......now if i could only get the other division in the black....:lol:

so if all hell breaks loose....which looks unlikely ....i may survive this yet

Forum List

Back