So, apparently I'm a Paulbot

Sad the crazy things liberal bloggers have convinced you to be the truth.

What, you mean the fire company story? True story, I read several years ago. From a legitimate news outlet, not a blog. You pay, you get covered, you don't your house will burn. The company was on standby, in case the neighbor's house caught fire. The neighbor was a subscribing member.

Here's another example of libertarianism gone amuck.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6TzOJfYmPw]Tomas Lopez, fired for saving a man. We NEED Tort Reform. - YouTube[/ame]

I side with Ron Paul on most issues in the 2012 Presidential Election.
Candidates you side with...
99% Ron Paul on economic, domestic policy, foreign policy, healthcare, environmental, social, and science issues.
98% Gary Johnson on economic, domestic policy, foreign policy, environmental, healthcare, immigration, social, and science issues.
66% Virgil Goode on domestic policy and environmental issues.
60% Mitt Romney on healthcare and science issues.
20% Barack Obama on immigration issues.
Who you side with by party...
99% Libertarian
60% Republican
20% Democratic
20% Green
by issue...
More important to me
the Economy
I side the most with Ron Paul on 100% of economic issues.
More important to me
the Environment
I side the most with Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, and Virgil Goode on 89% of environmental issues.
More important to me
Domestic policy
I side the most with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson on 100% of domestic policy issues.
Somewhat important to me
Foreign Policy
I side the most with Ron Paul on 100% of foreign policy issues.
Less important to me
Immigration
I side the most with Gary Johnson on 100% of immigration issues.
Less important to me
Healthcare
I side the most with Gary Johnson and Ron Paul on 100% of healthcare issues.
Less important to me
Social
I side the most with Gary Johnson on 94% of social issues.
Less important to me
Science
I side the most with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson on 96% of science issues.

Inthemiddle, out of curiosity, where did you get the idea that libertarians celebrate misfortune?

Not celebrate misfortunte, per se. But libertarian ideals, when taken to full fruition, end up having alot of "misfortune" along the way.

And since when does eliminating federal control over something mean getting rid of ALL controls? Most of the programs/laws you suggested libertarians want to do away with are only suggested to be controlled by either the private sector or state/local governments.

We tried that experiment. The FDA was not created in a vacuum. We know what happens when companies "police themselves". They had their chance and killed a lot of people. Thus, the FDA.

Shall we look at how many people have died and/or suffered using FDA approved drugs?

We tried that experiment. The FDA was not created in a vacuum. We know what happens when companies "police themselves". They had their chance and killed a lot of people. Thus, the FDA.

So g5000, tell me how close to the mark I am;

You're a gay man.

You love abortion, you hate Christians. You think Americans are under-regulated and think government should take a stronger role in our lives, especially in regard to exercise and the foods Americans have access to. You think soda bans are just a sensible idea and that if government would just make people stay in shape the health debate would be moot.

In public, you're a faithful Global Warming believer, and will join right in with even the fanatics at parties, but in your private life you have better things to do.

In general, you're a Barack Obama leftist -EXCEPT, you're successful and you don't want to be gouged in taxes. So you often vote Republican because you want lower taxes.

Am I about right?

This is one of those bogus polls you see once in a while which attempts to make you believe that most Americans are Libertarians.

Eh, I think it's more just a spot of fun. Can't take the internets too seriously. They'll bite you if you do.

Sad the crazy things liberal bloggers have convinced you to be the truth.

What, you mean the fire company story? True story, I read several years ago. From a legitimate news outlet, not a blog. You pay, you get covered, you don't your house will burn. The company was on standby, in case the neighbor's house caught fire. The neighbor was a subscribing member.

Here's another example of libertarianism gone amuck.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6TzOJfYmPw]Tomas Lopez, fired for saving a man. We NEED Tort Reform. - YouTube[/ame]

That video does not, in my opinion, provide an example of Libertarian ideals at work but of a company scared to death that their employees may violate rules that could lead to lawsuits and/or retribution from government authorities.

Last edited:
This is one of those bogus polls you see once in a while which attempts to make you believe that most Americans are Libertarians.

It is revealing in what it does not ask.

More than 90 percent of Americans' alignment with Ron Paul would drop dramatically if it asked their opinions on the Libertarians more controversial beliefs.

For instance, "Do you believe we should eliminate the FDA?"

I have posted evidence this is what the LP wants already.

Do you believe we should shrink our military down to the strength of a cub scout troop?
Evidence:
If the US were to pursue a policy of defending its own borders while avoiding foreign intervention, we could realistically reduce our defense budget to as little as $125 billion over the next five years.

Libertarian Party on Defense

Do you believe crack cocaine should be legalized?

Evidence:
We favor the repeal of all laws creating “crimes” without victims, such as the use of drugs for medicinal or recreational purposes.

Platform | Libertarian Party

Do you believe we should eliminate the Federal Reserve?

Evidence:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/End-The-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B006J3V150/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342640332&sr=8-1]End the Fed[/ame]

Do you believe we should eliminate all gun control laws?

Evidence already provided.

Do you believe we should end all federal environmental regulations?

Evidence:

Pollution of other people’s property is a violation of individual rights. Strict liability, not arbitrary government standards, should regulate pollution. We demand the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Libertarian Party on Environment

Do you believe we should end all federal workplace safety regulations?
Evidence:
We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. This law denies the right to liberty and property to both employer and employee, and it interferes in their private contractual relations.

National Platform of the Libertarian Party

Do you believe we should eliminate all federal laws forbidding child labor in factories?

I have posted the evidence for this one already as well.

Other things:

We oppose all so-called "consumer protection" legislation which infringes upon voluntary trade, and call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

1972 Libertarian Party Platform - LPedia

We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration, which has jeopardized safety by arrogating to itself a monopoly of safety regulation and enforcement. We call for privatizing the air traffic control system and transferring the FAA's other functions to private agencies.

1992 National Platform of the Libertarian Party - Critiques Of Libertarianism

We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration and particularly its policies of mandating specific nutritional requirements and denying the right of manufacturers to make non-fraudulent claims concerning their products.

1992 National Platform of the Libertarian Party - Critiques Of Libertarianism

You all still feel like Paulbots?

Last edited:

So g5000, tell me how close to the mark I am;

You're a gay man.

You love abortion, you hate Christians. You think Americans are under-regulated and think government should take a stronger role in our lives, especially in regard to exercise and the foods Americans have access to. You think soda bans are just a sensible idea and that if government would just make people stay in shape the health debate would be moot.

In public, you're a faithful Global Warming believer, and will join right in with even the fanatics at parties, but in your private life you have better things to do.

In general, you're a Barack Obama leftist -EXCEPT, you're successful and you don't want to be gouged in taxes. So you often vote Republican because you want lower taxes.

Am I about right?

Holy shit. You did not get a single thing correct! That's amazing!

That video does not, in my opinion, provide an example of Libertarian ideals at work but of a company scared to death that their employees may violate rules that could lead to lawsuits and/or retribution from government authorities.

Alright, but back up a second......profit lifeguarding company? I guess there's a little more that might not be easily apparent to someone who isn't familiar with the aquatics industry. But here's a hint for you: What happens when a lifeguard responds to an emergency within their zone? Where's the coverage? How is the liability absent in that kind of situation?

As I said, Libertarians create polls like these which leave out their more controversial beliefs in the hopes that you will take their rigged poll and say to yourself, "Gee, I must be a Libertarian!"

If you are too lazy to even look into what the Libertarian Party is about and make all of your life decisions based on Cosmopolitan polls and polls like this one, don't blame me if I come along and point out what they are REALLY all about.

As a card carrying member of the Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) way back in the day, I came in close contact with Libertarians, and have been debating them for literally decades.

I have many libertarian (small l) beliefs, but I don't have the necessary seven pounds of brain damage it takes to be a Libertarian or a Liberal or an UnConservative.

I am sorry if your ass is hurting like it is on fire because I produced the real LP platform, but don't shoot the messenger!

You're a gay man.

Did you know that Libertarians are okay with gays getting married? And in this, we agree. That's one of those "small l" libertarian things I believe in.

I feel that if the federal government is giving cash and prizes to married couples, it is unconstitutional to withhold them from gay marriages.

Libertarians differ in that they don't believe the state should be involved in marriage at all. And I really have no problem with that. I believe in equality. So if nobody gets a tax break for being married, that's equality, too.

So suck on that. Your illogic requires you to believe all libertarians are gay.

Last edited:
Am I about right?

Let me help you.

I am first of all a critical thinker. I believe we must first accurately determine the real facts of an issue. So my political orientation does not figure into the equation. Therefore, if some dumb shit UnConservative says Obama is a martian, I am going to point out their stupidity and ask for whatever meager "evidence" they think they have and then proceed to shred it.

Your particular brand of stupidity leads you to believe when I do this that I am an Obamabot.

Sorry to disappoint, but it means I am a critical thinker and hate untruths more than anything else. If we are going to eliminate Obama, we must do it with the truth. The truth will shatter Obama.

Lies and stupidity will re-elect him. Mmm-kay?

Keep that in mind if I happen to make your butt hurt. Like now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back