So, apparently I'm a Paulbot

Massachusetts also proved that you don't need government insurance. Our citizens purchase private, free-market medical insurance. There is no "public option." With more than 1,300 health insurance companies, a federal government insurance company isn't necessary. It would inevitably lead to massive taxpayer subsidies, to lobbyist-inspired coverage mandates and to the liberals' dream: a European-style single-payer system. To find common ground with skeptical Republicans and conservative Democrats, the president will have to jettison left-wing ideology for practicality and dump the public option.

Our experience also demonstrates that getting every citizen insured doesn't have to break the bank. First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages "free riders" to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others. This doesn't cost the government a single dollar. Second, we helped pay for our new program by ending an old one — something government should do more often. The federal government sends an estimated $42 billion to hospitals that care for the poor: Use those funds instead to help the poor buy private insurance, as we did.

I'm sorry thanatos, but if this isn't suggesting the use of Romneycare as a model for Obamacare we have a different understanding of the English language.

Massachusetts also proved that you don't need government insurance. Our citizens purchase private, free-market medical insurance. There is no "public option." With more than 1,300 health insurance companies, a federal government insurance company isn't necessary. It would inevitably lead to massive taxpayer subsidies, to lobbyist-inspired coverage mandates and to the liberals' dream: a European-style single-payer system. To find common ground with skeptical Republicans and conservative Democrats, the president will have to jettison left-wing ideology for practicality and dump the public option.

Our experience also demonstrates that getting every citizen insured doesn't have to break the bank. First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages "free riders" to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others. This doesn't cost the government a single dollar. Second, we helped pay for our new program by ending an old one — something government should do more often. The federal government sends an estimated $42 billion to hospitals that care for the poor: Use those funds instead to help the poor buy private insurance, as we did.

I'm sorry thanatos, but if this isn't suggesting the use of Romneycare as a model for Obamacare we have a different understanding of the English language.

LOL Your under the impression I support his passing the bill????? Idiot I just said he didnt want it federal....You idiots said he did and apparently cant fucking read cause the article you site doesn't say what you idiots think it does.

LOL Your under the impression I support his passing the bill????? Idiot I just said he didnt want it federal....You idiots said he did and apparently cant fucking read cause the article you site doesn't say what you idiots think it does.

He's pushing Obama to pass an individual mandate and an accompanying tax, which is exactly what Obamacare is.

But hey if you want to keep putting party over country and pretend you're being some great patriot in doing so, by all means press on.

Forum List

Back