So According To Obama/Biden, The Economy Has Been "Jammin"! Since The 2010 State Of The Union.

It's been a very slow trudge. The stock market was fed by the Fed. Job growth has not nearly been matched by wage growth. Productivity is down.

Both ends can point the finger at the other, but the fact remains this has been subdued at best, and we're teetering on a recession as we speak. Maybe 40% chance.

I agree with Mac, although I rate the probability at 45%, but a few percent between friends is not much. What we need is to speak about the economy accurately. It is better than some would have you believe, and worse than what others believe. The people who have decent jobs that can keep them will do ok. The people entering the workforce or trying to re-enter are the ones in trouble. This is the reality.

The 2016 question is-----------> do people think this is good enough, or do they think a different direction can do better. Every administration always pretends it is better than it is, the opposing party always pretends worse. That is politics! If the economy slips into negative growth, the answer will be given no matter what the administration says. If it does not, then each individual will have to make the decision for themselves on their own, personal, situation.

least you have grossly misspoken. First of all the lower prices are not a tax cut, gasoline is still taxed at the same rate. Matter of fact if use goes up tax revenue will increase.

Oh how terrible. Gas price savings to the consumer and more revenue to the fund for maintaining roads and bridges.

the end is near.

Obama, Biden and the Libs on the board here have been bragging about the Obama economy....
I think there's a few out there that disagree...

Obama, Biden and the Libs on the board here have been bragging about the Obama economy....
I think there's a few out there that disagree...

Not to change the subject for long, but it was fascinating to listen to some Bernie voters; especially the young ones being interviewed. They asked a bunch of them who was their second choice for President, and a whole bunch said Trump.

I scratched my head wondering, then it dawned on me------------>of course they will support someone who is willing to erase away their college debt, or give them free college; that is a given. But if they can't get that, then they pragmatically decided they need a job to pay for their college, or they are all screwed.

Are they correct? I don't know, but it appears many of them believe that Trump is a better vehicle to a job than Hillary. You have to admit, that is fascinating!

At least with the EITC a person needs to be working to receive it. That is something that needs to be encouraged

then you do support low wage workers getting back more in refund than they paid in?

So did Ford and Reagan.

Why do so many people who are Republicans hate it when that happens?
People all the time ragging on those that get back all paid in plus some. Call them the hated forty seven percent.

At least you are a Republican who supports this important tax provision that helps raise low wage workers income.

Biden dumb, that's how dumb.
damm! the economy is just roaring all over the country! people in the middle class are doing so well that they are lighting their fire places with one dollar bills!

Funny that Hawaii doesn't sink or tip over with all the middle class taking Hawaiian vacations.
god! enough with the 800,000 jobs we lost under the Pelosi/Reid economy! what does that have to do with the 2.42 GDP growth? well it still seems more like 0.0 growth since Obama purposely collapsed the economy in 2009,,,,,hey,,anyone remember the "Obama Stock Market Crash" of 2009?

Biden dumb, that's how dumb.
damm! the economy is just roaring all over the country! people in the middle class are doing so well that they are lighting their fire places with one dollar bills!

Funny that Hawaii doesn't sink or tip over with all the middle class taking Hawaiian vacations.
i thought the left side of Hawaii already collapsed in the spacific ocean because of all of the tourists.

Then it's time to cut welfare. Right?

I would think so. Republicans have the control of both houses.

Why havent they cut welfare funding and cut out the much hated (even though it was brought to us by Republicans) EItC. You know, that program where forty seven percent of the workers get all they paid in plus more back.

Lets have the Repubs in Congress cut welfare and eliminate the EItC while they have control of Congress.

Will they do that? Or at least propose it.
And if they wont do that, why? You Republicans should demand some answers on these issues.

At least with the EITC a person needs to be working to receive it. That is something that needs to be encouraged.
also, if the economy has been on the boom/recovery since 2010, wouldnt u think that the DOW would of hit 25,000 by now?

At least with the EITC a person needs to be working to receive it. That is something that needs to be encouraged

then you do support low wage workers getting back more in refund than they paid in?

So did Ford and Reagan.

People all the time ragging on those that get back all paid in plus some. Call them the hated forty seven percent.

At least you are a Republican who supports this important tax provision that helps raise low wage workers income.

I am unaffiliated.

So did Ford and Reagan.

I support people working. Say a person is on Welfare and not working, they get X amount of money. Say a job appears which will pay them the same amount or slightly less, do they take it? Maybe, the EITC is incentive for them to do so.

Thirdly. You cherry pick your job loss stats. Yes, jobs loss happen due to the housing bubble breaking. It was predicted and happened a

LMAO. talk about cherry picking.

All those jobs losses were the result of manufactuers moving their operations overseas to a cheaper labor force.

Blaming millions in job LOSS in the housing collapse is funny.

You know all those carpenters, plumbers electricians are all back to work now. But you knew that.

They didnt LOSE their jobs. They got laid off and drew that unemployment insurance that you repubs hated and wanted to end.

the mannufaturing jobs that went overseas are lost jobs and people like you applauded the loss of those jobs.

After all job loss here in the USA was good for the job creators in China and Mexico.

OK, I'll agree with you, the movement of jobs out of the country was predicted and has happened exactly as predicted. The worse president in my life time signed the agreements doing exactly what you said. Now the left wants us to repeat that mistake with Mrs. Bosnia Clinton. Without a democrat turncoat those agreements never see the light of day.

Forum List

Back