So A Troublemaker Is A Better Choice Than Someone Who Fixes Companys?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
300635_10150364312301069_750786068_8232422_1403916579_n1.jpg

I'm trying to figure out the reasoning here.

Obama claims he's the guy to fix the economy and he uses division and class-warfare to do it......yet a venture capitalist who specialized in fixing companies and making them stronger, and even fixed the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, is the wrong man for the job????

What kind of twisted logic is that?????

Compromise%20With%20Me.jpg

Obama claims he's the guy to fix the economy and he uses division and class-warfare to do it......yet a venture capitalist who specialized in fixing companies and making them stronger, and even fixed the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, is the wrong man for the job????

Single Dad Trying To Take Back Home From Occupy Wall Street Protesters | Fox News

Keeping with the theme........

(D) will vote for (D) simply b/c it's (D).

The left has no 3rd party choices b/c the hate is so strong, it keeps them inline.

hell, obama killed an American, and they, the non-warmongers - against the death penalty team, are out and out proud of the act.

I worked in a company that was "fixed" by corporation raiders.

First they skimmed off our pension plan as having an "excess" amount. Then they reduced our pay by 20%, even though my unit was 100% commission. After that, they started squeesing the factory where our product was produced which resulted in over 40% of our customers quit us. After gutting the company for everything they could take (did I mention prior to their takeover, we had the highest profit margin of any similar company in thr United States?), the company was aquired by another investment firm and ithin a year it folded.

I have a special place in my heart, after watching people in their fifties and sixties who had worked over thirty years at the company be tossed into the streets, for people like Romney.

Single Dad Trying To Take Back Home From Occupy Wall Street Protesters | Fox News

Keeping with the theme........
dude, that's fucked up.

I'd spend a little money and buy a baseball bat with a good grip.

First they skimmed off our pension plan as having an "excess" amount. Then they reduced our pay by 20%, even though my unit was 100% commission. After that, they started squeesing the factory where our product was produced which resulted in over 40% of our customers quit us. After gutting the company for everything they could take (did I mention prior to their takeover, we had the highest profit margin of any similar company in thr United States?), the company was aquired by another investment firm and ithin a year it folded.

I have a special place in my heart, after watching people in their fifties and sixties who had worked over thirty years at the company be tossed into the streets, for people like Romney.

Did they come armed? Or did they need a loan because they were doing so well?

Did you expect a job there until you retired?

if so, you must have worked for the government.

Allow me sir!!!!

:bsflag:

Don't give in to stereotypes.

You can't assume that every firm that does this is the same? That's an intellectually lazy argument. Not every lawyer is a ambulance chaser nor is every venture capitalist is a heartless bastard.

Btw, there is usually a lot of resentment over a shakeup. It's part of life.

The point is you can't change the direction of a company without changing the direction of a company.

Some venture capitalists are simply in it for the money. Some are in it to fix things. Romney spent a lot of time fixing things. I see nothing that says otherwise.

Last edited:
[

The only reason why the 2002 SLC Olympics needed fixing was that his fellow Mormon cultists bribed IOC officials into granting them the Olympics to them when they really didn't deserve them. The scandal was so bad that the IOC had to do serious reforms.

I wonder, if there weren't rich Mormons involved, if Romney would have bothered.

Being neither Mormon nor rich, I'd like a president who works for the rest of us.

Now, for Obama being a "trouble-maker", pointing out what the problem is is the first step in solving it.

The problem in our economy is clear enough. In the quest for profits, the middle class is being slowly destroyed. It's actually a self-destructive cycle, because it isn't the wealthy that create jobs, it's consumer demand, and when people have less to spend, there is less commerce.

I think Obama has been a poor leader. America would have been better served with Hillary as President. Or McCain.

But Romney is just a terrible human being. Someone who says stuff like "Corporations are people" and "I like to be able to fire people" just isn't operating in the same moral universe the rest of us are.

Don't give in to stereotypes.

You can't assume that every firm that does this is the same? That's an intellectually lazy argument. Not every lawyer is a ambulance chaser nor is every venture capitalist is a heartless bastard.

Btw, there is usually a lot of resentment over a shakeup. It's part of life.

The point is you can't change the direction of a company without changing the direction of a company.

Some venture capitalists are simply in it for the money. Some are in it to fix things. Romney spent a lot of time fixing things. I see nothing that says otherwise.

Guy, "It's only business" has the same moral standing of "I was only following orders".

How about we go back to that old rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Must have been a really smart guy who came up with that one.

Do some research on AmPad, Damon Medical, DDI, GS STeel or any of the other companies Bain raided. It ain't a pretty picture.

I'm sorry that the company you worked for folded. But, the simple fact is that for every man like you who worked for a company that folded, there is someone else who - because of Venture Capital and Private Equity companies - has a job, in a company that is more secure than it was previously.

VC and PE companies take risks when they invest in a struggling firm. There are usually very hard business decisions to make - often they have to let some people go in order to secure the future of those who remain. But it is better to lose some jobs, and fix the company than it is to close the company and get rid of everyone.

Once upon a time, people had that. My grandfather worked for the same company from when he emigrated from Germany in 1931 (the second time) and when he finally retired in 1964. Lifetime employment in a job that was a community.

Today, everyone changes jobs every five years. Pension plans don't exist, and you hope your 401K doesn't leave you holding the bag when the assholes get rich.

I don't believe I will ever be able to retire. I just hope to keep my skills current so I can stay employed.

Everyone where I work lost their job. I can only hope that some of the off-location, upper management at the holding company lost theirs too.

Forum List

Back