So a private citizen can’t pick and choose who they want to live with?

? Was the residence in question a private home, or a home paid for in part by the housing authority (secton 8)?

Since no such claim is made I will go with she owns her own place. After all if she were renting she would need the permission of whom she was renting from to sub rent. No mention at all of Government involvement just a statement that she made an illegal ad.

But then you are communist light, you probably agree with the complaint.

Red Baiting? No asshole, I'm not a "commie". You however, are a cowardly asshole, an apt description given the volume of posts which include personal attacks from the safety of your keyboard.
You're also stupid, but that is self evident using the same evidence.

Then exactly what was your point in asking about Section 8 housing?

It's not rocket science. The law says you can't make discriminatory statements in these matters. When prospective renters call, it can be determined in the first few minutes if the person is a Christian or not. This is a lot of saber rattling by retards.

You can't post such statements on Craigslist either. Deal with it. :cuckoo:

Good Lord! Sometimes I think I'll never see anything more lunatic than what I'm then looking at ... then it happens: An even more lunatic issue.

Hell, if I wanted a roommate who is male, and advertised such preference, would that mean I'm discriminating against women? If a lesbian came to my door to fill a roommate request in an ad, would I get sued for discrimination?

Holy mackerel!

Well, how many times have we seen ads for roommates that specify "non-smoker"? Yeah, it's discriminating, but what's wrong with that? Everything about the process of choosing one applicant over another is discriminating.

I thought smoking was a choice, not something you were born with. As for religion, I don't think faith and smoking are fair comparisons.

I heard about this when I was walking the dog...my jaw dropped on the news.
People ask "what freedoms have we lost?" Looks like this may be one of them, yes it is little but it can have a snowball effect.
Although, there are those who are blinded by their ideology AAAAAwryCHoooooo that will defend the government intruding on individual rights

It's not rocket science. The law says you can't make discriminatory statements in these matters. When prospective renters call, it can be determined in the first few minutes if the person is a Christian or not. This is a lot of saber rattling by retards.

Um, no.

Um, if she waited until a face to face to find out if a border was Christian or not, then did not rent to her, she'd have the same box of shit in her lap.

It is an illegal ad as defined by the civil rights act of 1964.

but if you are going to room with someone, you want some degree of compatibility.

Do you want this ias a roomy?
jim-parsons-sheldon-big-bang-theory-photo.jpg

:cuckoo:

Um, no.

Um, if she waited until a face to face to find out if a border was Christian or not, then did not rent to her, she'd have the same box of shit in her lap.

"So are you a Christian?"
"No."
"Sorry, I can't rent to you now."

No shit, if she went about it like that she would have a problem.

Reality check, and this is how non-saber rattlers have been doing it:

"So I'm a Christian, and I hold those values."
"I'm an Atheist urine drinker."
"Fantastic! I have a few other people to interview, and I'll let you know!"

Whatever you're bitching about is some imaginary concoction stirred from Tea Party hysteria you fucking moron.

Last edited:
It is an illegal ad as defined by the civil rights act of 1964.

but if you are going to room with someone, you want some degree of compatibility.

Do you want this ias a roomy?
jim-parsons-sheldon-big-bang-theory-photo.jpg

As long as he stays in his room, keeps his anime turned low, and there is minimal light-saber action, I'm cool.

Um, no.

"No."

Whatever you're bitching about is some imaginary concoction stirred from Tea Party hysteria you fucking moron.

So she can't chose who she wannts to live with?

Government compels her to sublet to anyone?

Um, no.

"No."

So she can't chose who she wannts to live with?

Government compels her to sublet to anyone?

She can choose, but to be "politically correct", you just can't state in writing who you choose. It's dumb, huh?

People ask "what freedoms have we lost?" Looks like this may be one of them, yes it is little but it can have a snowball effect.
Although, there are those who are blinded by their ideology AAAAAwryCHoooooo that will defend the government intruding on individual rights

You mean like conservatives defending Bush for illegal wiretaps, denying speedy trials, the use of torture and denying habeas?

Those freedoms?

You mean like conservatives defending Bush for illegal wiretaps, denying speedy trials, the use of torture and denying habeas?

Those freedoms?

Are you talking about the WAR on terrorism?

What are the limits on what government can make you do?

Duh, have you ever read the Constitution?

Does the Constitution obligate you to sublet your home to anyone government forces you to rent it to?

See this just goes to show how retarded you are. At no point does this force her to live with someone she doesn't want to live with. It just says that she can't advertise to specifically exclude people who don't share her faith.

“It’s a violation to make, print or publish a discriminatory statement,” Executive Director Nancy Haynes told Fox News. “There are no exemptions to that.”

The only people bitching about this are little bitches. The woman was evidently willfully ignorant of what entailed her making an advertisement of this sort. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The more of this nonsense the better.
The backlash will be stunning.

The only backlash will be against retarded bitches like this woman.

A simple rephrasing would have stopped this mass hysteria. But then America has gone insane hasn't it?

"Christian woman seeks room mates"
"Woman seeks Christian room mates"

One of those statements is discriminatory...

Forum List

Back