Snowpacolypse 2011 is approaching

I loved being in the South when it snowed.

It's like an automatic double snow day.

AccuWeather.com - Weather Radar | Georgia Weather Radar

My town is losing their collective minds. The grocery store was so insane, I didn't purchase most of my normal weekly foodstuffs. I am not worried though. We have 3 dogs. And I have plenty of charcoal.

EEck! You're looking at the dogs funny?

This is weird....does Atlanta usually get snow?

It will usually flurry every year, with no accumulation. Every third year or so we'll get an inch or so.

Last year we had ~2 inches twice. This year so far on Christmas we had ~2 inches. And it looks like we'll get ~2 inches in my area out of this one too.

Yes, I am fattening up the dogs now. I just gave them another helping of kibble.

AccuWeather.com - Weather Radar | Georgia Weather Radar

My town is losing their collective minds. The grocery store was so insane, I didn't purchase most of my normal weekly foodstuffs. I am not worried though. We have 3 dogs. And I have plenty of charcoal.

It will usually flurry every year, with no accumulation. Every third year or so we'll get an inch or so.

Last year we had ~2 inches twice. This year so far on Christmas we had ~2 inches. And it looks like we'll get ~2 inches in my area out of this one too.

Yes, I am fattening up the dogs now. I just gave them another helping of kibble.

Imma gonna sick the PETA people on you.

Besides, you'll run outta toilet paper before you run outta food. It's some kind of law of nature.

Damn. The Global Warming sure is fierce this year.

Imma gonna sick the PETA people on you.

Besides, you'll run outta toilet paper before you run outta food. It's some kind of law of nature.

Actually, we have the big 64 pack of TP from Sam's. We're golden.

But y'all mother fuckers can get some serious ice storms.

Yeah, thats the danger here. All that shit falls as rain/sleet, but then freezes very quickly on the ground.

Or, it just gives us a rain/ice mix the whole time.

Wrecks power lines too.

It used to, but they've been burying more and more over the past decade. Last year we didn't, and so far this year we haven't. But this is supposed to be a bad one, so I dunno.

It's getting dark outside. 3:30 in the afternoon, but looks like 5:30, right at dusk.

The iceman cometh.

I think I'll go grill something.

Is it bad that I'm watching "The Shining" on netflix?

It just occurred to me the parallels that could exist here....

Is it bad that I'm watching "The Shining" on netflix?

It just occurred to me the parallels that could exist here....

Parallels aside, there is playoff football on. So yeah, it's bad.

Meh, I'm just not that into the playoffs this year.

I'll watch the SB, of course, but it's hard to muster any caring for the rest of it this year.

It's getting dark outside. 3:30 in the afternoon, but looks like 5:30, right at dusk.

The iceman cometh.

That sounds like perfect weather from braising something in the oven - like a brisket or a pot roast.

The iceman cometh.

That sounds like perfect weather from braising something in the oven - like a brisket or a pot roast.

I grill everything. I'd grill a bowl of cereal if I could.

It's also somewhat a weird tradition that when odd weather is approaching, I grill. I've been out there in thunderstorms, snow, ice, and wind storms.

Hence, I must go satiate a primaeval instinct now, and go cook raw meat over an open fire.

Forum List

Back