Snowblowers

One thing on the electric snowblowers.

You will run over your cord.

Yeah I thought of that. It'll have to be done carefully if we go with electric. The gas ones are pretty pricey though. Hmmm . . . .

If we do buy a snowblower I'm sure Mr. Murphy will see to it that there won't be anymore snow this winter. lol

I thought that too when I bought a snowblower attachment for a tractor about a month ago. Sigh still getting weekly snows here.

You should see the tape on a cord I used to use with electric hedge trimmers :)

Seriously though be sure it is plugged into a GFCI protected outlet for safety.

My first and only was a Single Stage MTD, 4-cycle, I think 5 HP. It went through allot. Supposed to be for under 12", but it wold tear up 3-4 ft drifts, and was even great at digging out cars, even with the snow plow pack salt and sand. I did love it, but it did die last year. This year I'm back to shoveling, at least until we work out where to keep the next one. It's been tough, but I'll show her!!!! :lol: What I don't know. Kept the last one in the house. Wife ain't into that now. If I go for a larger 2-Stage, I will need a place to put it first, someplace where it won't get stolen. ;) Single stage 4 cycle is nice because you have separate gas and oil. Do not buy Anything where you have to premix the gas and oil. 5 HP and better are less likely to stall out in deep snow or wet pack. Really deep snow, if you get allot of it. 2 Stage is where you will end up with in the end. There is no substitute. That is also where you have to be real careful. Electric noisemakers, I'm not real impressed with at all. ;) Better off with a good shovel. ;)

The two best snow blowers are a two-stage or the neighbor kid. Depending on the number of times you need shoveling, the kid is usually cheaper, but less reliable.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nite Nite cold people. spring isn't far away, we've seen the big red breasted robins..

So we spent today digging out from another foot or so of snow (I shoveled the 4" we got yesterday myself) and quite frankly, while the whole shoveling thing is great exercise and all when the snow is this deep and this heavy and this wet well . . . it's just getting old.

Thinking about getting a snow blower but really not looking for spending the big bucks. This one is getting pretty good reviews. Nice that it's not gas (the smell, the noise, the maintenance, the weight) and from the reviews it looks like it would tackle what we get.

Amazon.com: Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Anyone have any snow blower info they'd like to share?

I have never seen a snow blower up close, nor used one...but my question is this..if the snow is too wet and heavy for you to comfortably manually move it how on earth is it going to "blow"?

The two best snow blowers are a two-stage or the neighbor kid. Depending on the number of times you need shoveling, the kid is usually cheaper, but less reliable.

I saw an ad on a bulletin board from a guy with a plow on his truck who will remove your snow in the drive for $20. The price goes up the longer your drive is but for a regular drive, that's not too bad.

Get the kids to do the sidewalks and you're golden. :)

You know, if the snow would stop having these erections, we wouldn't need snowblowers.

Forum List

Back