Snow

Wimps. The high today was 20 in Minneapolis. That was at 4am.

By lunch, it was down to 14. Suck it up, buttercup. ;)

Snow on and off all day in Houston, an extremely rare event, it actually stuck to the ground, I need to let Al "the Truth" Gore know about it.....:udaman::udaman::udaman:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Might be getting some snow here in Cary, North Carolina.

hubby is in roxoboro....cary is near raleigh...been there..passed thru...yall have the worst fucking road signs in the world...

snowing here...heavy wet snow you can hear it...so it wont last long...temperatures are still in the mid 30s to get cold it needs to clear off....and let the temps drop

who's getting snow?

We're supposed to get a light layer of Global Warming later on tonight/early tomorrow starting around 1 am continuing until about 10 am for us. :D

Doesn't sound like much, really--but this is VERY unusual for us. It's extremely early for us to be getting any kind of "winter" precipitation of any kind.

So, enjoy everyone! It's an early Christmas present. :D

Its almost 6am and no damn snow here in Lilburn!!!! Once again we are lied to.

As a professional driver, what I hate are OTHER drivers in the snow. I have no problems generally speaking unless it's black ice. But other drivers? wow. If you're unsure, just stay off the damn road and leave it to people who know what they're doing.

It's a half an inch of dry snow people.... let's get a grip okay? Stop tailgating, put down the cell and for the love of GOD remember to break carefully! Use the brains you were born with, you dumbasses!

Well, that's my sentiment.

i brake carefully, does that count?

problem with other drivers....ya you have a jeep....but on ice.....all 4 wheels will slide....
ya you drove in snow....30 years ago.....gee did you really think chains would fit that viper?
i could go on and on...yes it does snow on the roads....

never work customer service lol never....these are things i have been ask...."does it snow on the road?" i told one lady she would need chains "gold or silver"...one told me she would have her mechanic put them on in nashville....6 hours away....and men who wont listen to a woman...."buddy i am pretty sure if that is a front wheel drive you need to put them chains on the front wheels" but they always know better.....ahhh well

o and just watch them....they aint turning them wheels in direction of the skid....not in the mountians....so they do 360s as they scream

who's getting snow?

We're supposed to get a light layer of Global Warming later on tonight/early tomorrow starting around 1 am continuing until about 10 am for us. :D

Doesn't sound like much, really--but this is VERY unusual for us. It's extremely early for us to be getting any kind of "winter" precipitation of any kind.

So, enjoy everyone! It's an early Christmas present. :D

Originally Posted by JenyEliza
"Layer of Global Warming":lol: very Phunny

For New Jersey:
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to midnight EST tonight...
Rain...then rain and snow late this afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

So, it's a mix coming our way, my dog will want to live outside when he see's the white stuff, I do not share his enthusiasm however.

snow is slowly setting in....i wonder if they are getting it down east.....where da man is...he will stubbornly drive back in this mess ...

Heavy frost but no snow. Dropped to 14 overnight. Blue skies will keep the cold around today.

An inch of snow on the ground. Doesn't seem to be sticking to the roads though.

So far we've only had a bit sticking. Looks like next week could change things though:

Detailed Local Forecast
Today: A few flurries possible early. A mix of clouds and sun. High 33F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight: A few clouds. Low around 20F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy skies with a few snow showers later in the day. High 39F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Tomorrow night: Cloudy with snow showers in the evening and steady snow likely after midnight. Low 28F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Some snow accumulation possible.
Monday: Snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the low 20s.
Tuesday: A few snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper 20s.
Wednesday: Snow showers. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the mid teens.

Local forecasters are sort of getting excited about Tues/Wed, could be a 'gathering storm.' A snow day before Christmas would sort of be the high point!

It started snowing here about an hour and a half ago. We have about an inch on the ground. Pretty.
And now that it has snowed in DC, the media can freak out and declare the end of the world...

...again.

It started snowing here about an hour and a half ago. We have about an inch on the ground. Pretty.
And now that it has snowed in DC, the media can freak out and declare the end of the world...

...again.

You've been to the DC area before! :lol:
We have 2 inches in northern VA and its still snowing, wet snow, perfect for snowballs. All the neighbors' kids are out having a blast.

Forum List

Back