Snow!

The worst time of year for me is October through January. Usually by this time I am so depressed it hurts. My meds are working much better this year so not nearly as bad as usual. I have even gone a least a month with out suicidal thoughts, Considering before that they were daily events that is a big improvement especially given the time of year.
Dang!! what the heck is the matter with you Gunny??? :confused:

Dang weather men/women............:evil:

THEY LIED!

There wasn't one snowflake on the ground this morning. :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for tonight or tomorrow. It is 22 degrees here right now..brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Dang!! what the heck is the matter with you Gunny??? :confused:

It's called SEASONAL AFFFECTIVE DISORDER. (SAD)

The human body produces many of the vitamins it needs with the help of sunlight hitting our skin. (Vitamin D most notably, but others as well)

Now everyone NEEDS some sunlight for their physical and mental health.

Some of us need a lot more than we typically get.

It's not a coincidence that the nations with the longest winters also have the highest rates of alcoholism and suicide.

SAD isn't it?

It's called SEASONAL AFFFECTIVE DISORDER. (SAD)

The human body produces many of the vitamins it needs with the help of sunlight hitting our skin. (Vitamin D most notably, but others as well)

Now everyone NEEDS some sunlight for their physical and mental health.

Some of us need a lot more than we typically get.

It's not a coincidence that the nations with the longest winters also have the highest rates of alcoholism and suicide.

SAD isn't it?

True, they even make "special lamps" for people who have this disorder. I think a lot of us do, I know I get more lethargic and down in the winter. Driving to work when it's dark, and driving home when it's dark.....sunshine picks me up, as it does a lot of people I'm sure.

yuck

Attachments

• $winter.jpg
    $winter.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 45
The worst time of year for me is October through January. Usually by this time I am so depressed it hurts. My meds are working much better this year so not nearly as bad as usual. I have even gone a least a month with out suicidal thoughts, Considering before that they were daily events that is a big improvement especially given the time of year.

I'm pretty much the same....only november thru January....I'm not on any meds and no suicidal thoughts but very down and out...for the most part and it is due to the lack of sunlight....by the end of january to the middle of february i am just the opposite, the days are filled with 40 minutes MORE of sunlight than the shortest day of December 21 and i can feel that spring is coming...the anticipation of it, each day getting a minute more of sunlight....manic almost in feeling....truely Spring Fever.

Get a full color spectrum light, (plant lights) or two, and replace the regular soft white bulbs in your lamps....with them, it truely will help...

care

Last edited:
True, they even make "special lamps" for people who have this disorder. I think a lot of us do, I know I get more lethargic and down in the winter. Driving to work when it's dark, and driving home when it's dark.....sunshine picks me up, as it does a lot of people I'm sure.
same type of lamps they use when a baby has juadice, one can also make sure they sit by a window that allows sunlight for alittle while during the day to allow vitamin d. When my son was born he had jaundice but not bad enough to stay in the hospital, so they told me to feed him near the window. Jaundice is also more common during the cold months in new borns, hence my son was born Nov 25th.

Forum List

Back