Snow!!!

Last edited:
  • Banned

I wouldn't mind some snow right about now. We had to take our air conditioner out of the window, there are these little bugs getting in through the gaps. It is hot in here tonight. We still have 80 degree weather through Saturday then maybe a little more normal 60 degrees for awhile.

We are FINALLY getting some 50-60 temps, starting right now. A huge thunderstorm just shoved the heat off.

I wouldn't mind some snow right about now. We had to take our air conditioner out of the window, there are these little bugs getting in through the gaps. It is hot in here tonight. We still have 80 degree weather through Saturday then maybe a little more normal 60 degrees for awhile.

We are FINALLY getting some 50-60 temps, starting right now. A huge thunderstorm just shoved the heat off.

Ware you stays at? I wish it would snow a foot deep here and stay on the ground for a month!

• Banned

Ware you stays at? I wish it would snow a foot deep here and stay on the ground for a month!

Twin Cities metro area.

I love snow, provided I don't have to go out in it.

Is it the south side of your house? Those are probably box elders. Sometimes we get hundreds of them, and they nest under the shutters.

Always. Which is different than "Oh look, we might beat the Halloween blizzard of 1991!"

Which is different than "Oh look, we might beat the Halloween blizzard of 1991!"

that was a hell of a storm

ice followed by heavy snow

so much so that the weather shutdown deer season

Is it the south side of your house? Those are probably box elders. Sometimes we get hundreds of them, and they nest under the shutters.

Stink bugs. They're awful, we just keep brushing them into a container of water and dishwashing liquid to drown them. I tried spraying them with Raid but they keep walking with the poison all over them.

Hopefully they're gone soon.

Stink bugs. They're awful, we just keep brushing them into a container of water and dishwashing liquid to drown them. I tried spraying them with Raid but they keep walking with the poison all over them.

duct tape

duct tape is the answer to everything

with it you can seal those little buggers outside

Always. Which is different than "Oh look, we might beat the Halloween blizzard of 1991!"

Which is different than "Oh look, we might beat the Halloween blizzard of 1991!"

that was a hell of a storm

ice followed by heavy snow

so much so that the weather shutdown deer season

Memories .....

The Halloween Blizzard was a period of heavy snowfall and ice accumulation that affected parts of the Upper Midwest of the United States, from October 31 to November 3, 1991. Over the last week of October 1991 a large storm system over the Atlantic Ocean (1991 Perfect Storm) blocked most of the weather patterns over the eastern half of the United States, and in turn moisture from the Gulf of Mexico was funneled straight northward over the affected region. By the time the precipitation stopped falling many cities in the eastern half of Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin had witnessed record early-season snowfall accumulations, while parts of southern Minnesota and northern Iowa were crippled by a large ice storm. Arctic air that was pulled southward behind the storm had combined with the heavy snow pack to produce many record low temperatures. Between the blizzard and the ice storm 22 people were killed and over 100 were injured. Meteorologists studying this event and the concurrent "Perfect Storm" have reached a general consensus that both events were actually one immense and unprecedented single weather event. Taken together, they are the largest single weather event of their kind on record.

1991 Halloween blizzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

duct tape

I never knew about them. They caulked the windows closed and put the storm windows up so all I have to do is get rid of the ones in here. They're slow and easy to get rid of but they keep showing up. Only in one place where the AC unit was. They're hiding in the creases of the drapes and behind the blinds.

It's a nightmare.

duct tape

I never knew about them. They caulked the windows closed and put the storm windows up so all I have to do is get rid of the ones in here. They're slow and easy to get rid of but they keep showing up. Only in one place where the AC unit was. They're hiding in the creases of the drapes and behind the blinds.

It's a nightmare.

bugs are a nightmare

it is the time of the year when they want in

one possible source is within the A/C unit

inside the unit between the inside half and the outside half

is a trap door on most models

occasionally the screen or filter in that trap door comes off

allowing bugs on the outside to travel though your A/C unit

into your home

We've already had snow here...about September 26 it was. And that was early for this part of Alaska. But it didn't stick on the ground, thank God!

Forum List

Back