Snow

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
It snowed here last night. Still on the ground as well. We live on the Coast with almost no means to do anything about snow. All they do is lay salt down. No plows no nothing.

Gonna be a fun few days.

More pics from the Atlanta area:

17952_1305896920529_1023708121_969833_3480610_n.jpg

18849_1347085204025_1438145768_976727_6313428_n.jpg

It snowed here last night. Still on the ground as well. We live on the Coast with almost no means to do anything about snow. All they do is lay salt down. No plows no nothing.

Gonna be a fun few days.

Yeah, but be honest. Except for the car crashes, ruined trees, and power outages, don't you get just a little bit of a kick out of it? Especially when it is so uncommon and most likely short lived?

However, the novelty has worn off for our friends in South Dakota who have endured blizzard after blizzard coupled with minus 20 degrees farenheit temps and massive snow drifts this winter.

And my daughter in DC is expecting another 12 inches or so of snow there in the next 48 hours or so. (She always said she didn't ever want to live anywhere that measured snow in feet instead of inches.)

After two back to back snow storms, in our area about 18" and 20" plus or minus due to the wind, we have another predicted 4-8" for Monday night through Tuesday the 22nd and 23rd of Feb. I am having too much fun this year for sure shoveling and snow blowing.
Only 4-8", probably only need a broom for this one. :lol: And I moved here from San Diego, whew!!

Last edited:
When we moved from North Central Kansas where 6 inches of snow easily translated into 6 foot drifts, we said we would head souith with a snow shovel tied on the top of our car. As soon as somebody said, "What in the hell is that?", we would put down new roots.

Well, in fact we moved into the mountains just east of Albuquerque. First winter out there - 70 inches. Second winter out there 130 inches. But snow was common and expected at that elevation, was generally light and dry and undamaging, melted significantly off the roads when the sun hit it, and nobody minded.

Since we moved into the City though, heavy snows are a different story and pretty well shut things down. And I can't imagine anybody liking the very wet, heavy stuff that breaks trees, brings down power lines, and caves in carports and roofs.

Snow, what a bitch.
We took in 6 new cases Thursday. This has set my business back $4k as the roads here are still bad.
Snow in the south, the working man's ENEMY.

Snow, what a bitch.
We took in 6 new cases Thursday. This has set my business back $4k as the roads here are still bad.

And the snow isn't over yet, more to come unfortunantly. Can't wait til spring, BUT, I hear rumblings that this summer could be a very unusual one, more extremes, we'll see.

I know a few friends in 'JawJa', a few in your area, some in Dublin, south of you. One of them owns a biz also and is losing money and workers not showing up, one slipped on ice and has a knee the size of a softball and in a knee Immobilizer, not a good year for so many, including lot's of property damage both vehicular and residential.

Crazy weather!

Who knows, it might be some of that man-made global climate change baloney we've been hearing about.

Snow, what a bitch.

We got more coming, Sarge. Snow is predicted tomorrow night and Monday.

Check NOAA's National Weather Service for your particular area.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

(bring on the snow.....it CHEERS ME UP). :D

Gonna be a fun few days.

Yeah, but be honest. Except for the car crashes, ruined trees, and power outages, don't you get just a little bit of a kick out of it? Especially when it is so uncommon and most likely short lived?

However, the novelty has worn off for our friends in South Dakota who have endured blizzard after blizzard coupled with minus 20 degrees farenheit temps and massive snow drifts this winter.

And my daughter in DC is expecting another 12 inches or so of snow there in the next 48 hours or so. (She always said she didn't ever want to live anywhere that measured snow in feet instead of inches.)

Obama and the democrats say "Quit your whining you Fucken Retards it's called GLOBAL WARMING!!!! Get use to it and also your taxes being raised because of this!!!!":funnyface:

Gonna be a fun few days.

Obama and the democrats say "Quit your whining you Fucken Retards it's called GLOBAL WARMING!!!! Get use to it and also your taxes being raised because of this!!!!":funnyface:

You got it!!! Broke the CODE, raising TAXES and GW FUNDING making the starters of the GWKRAP, millionaires, well, until the bottom dropped out on credibility. :lol:

Sorry AL G Ole boy, you and your co-conspirators got caught with their stats down. :eek:

strange weather....here in S.Cal it is supposed to be in the low 80's all week....

I want to move back to San Diego!! Was on the phone with a three people there just a short while ago, Chula Vista, Solana Beach and a little further out in Alpine. They keep telling me to "Move back Home" . :lol: I can't NJ has all my money in their tax vaults.
Used to live on North Granados Ave in Solana Beach, I only came out here for a temporary period.

Look on the bright side.

Maybe all that snow will keep those damn Yankee snowbird assholes at home instead of coming down that way and infecting your pure country with their Liberal Democrat filth.

Look on the bright side.

Maybe all that snow will keep those damn Yankee snowbird assholes at home instead of coming down that way and infecting your pure country with their Liberal Democrat filth.

No, they're welcome to come on down and visit.

We just don't want to hear any stories that start with "Well, where I come from we..."

New Topics

Forum List

Back