Snow increasing on Kilimanjaro...SUCK IT AL GORE!!!!

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kilimanjaro regaining its snow cap | Watts Up With That?
TANZANIA, Africa (eTN) - Standing as the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro is slowly regaining its snow after several years of drought in East Africa and the effects of climate change in African continent.

The snow is slowly mounting on the top point of the mountain, giving new hopes to Mount Kilimanjaro environmental watchdogs and tourists that the mountain may not lose its beautiful ice cap as scientists predicted.

Serious, common-sense question here:

Let's say hypothetically the Earth's temperature is increasing. This logically would mean more precipitation would go into the atmosphere. Now what happens when there's more precipitation, and it's snowing? Is there going to be A) more snow, B) same amount of snow, or C) less snow?

Last edited:
And it only took two posts before someone blamed it on global warming. :clap2:

I didn't blame it on anything, if you want to point out where I said that-be my guest. You have a habit of putting words in my mouth that I don't say, then looking a little dumb after.

I don't know enough to say what's causing the amount of snow.

All I did was ask a simple, straight-forward question. If that makes you jump to conclusions-so be it.

TANZANIA, Africa (eTN) - Standing as the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro is slowly regaining its snow after several years of drought in East Africa and the effects of climate change in African continent.

The snow is slowly mounting on the top point of the mountain, giving new hopes to Mount Kilimanjaro environmental watchdogs and tourists that the mountain may not lose its beautiful ice cap as scientists predicted.

Oh, just hire a prostitute.

Let's say hypothetically the Earth's temperature is increasing. This logically would mean more precipitation would go into the atmosphere. Now what happens when they're more precipitation, and it's snowing? Is there going to be A) more snow, B) same amount of snow, or C) less snow?
I would say more snow. Which is why I always laugh when people claim that snowfall amounts are proof that there is no global warming.

I didn't blame it on anything, if you want to point out where I said that-be my guest. You have a habit of putting words in my mouth that I don't say, then looking a little dumb after.

All I did was ask a simple, straight-forward question. If that makes you jump to conclusions-so be it.
Yeah, right. And you, of course, weren't leading anywhere with that loaded question. :rofl:

Let's say hypothetically the Earth's temperature is increasing. This logically would mean more precipitation would go into the atmosphere. Now what happens when they're more precipitation, and it's snowing? Is there going to be A) more snow, B) same amount of snow, or C) less snow?
I would say more snow. Which is why I always laugh when people claim that snowfall amounts are proof that there is no global warming.
So the ice ages were caused by global warming?

Oh, just hire a prostitute.
Looking for work?

People (specifically wamists) always fail to note that increasing snows is precisely how ice ages begin. The earth doesn't suddenly fall into freezing conditions. Ice ages begin gradually with more snow during the winter and as a result, more snow hanging around longer into the summer. It is interesting to note that in the western US, some of the snowiest winters on record have been in the past decade and there are areas where the snows are not melting before the next year's snows begin.

People who fail to see the signifigance of that are perhaps failing to mark the beginning of a very long period of cold.

Record Early Ski Opening In British Columbia

Record Early Ski Opening In British Columbia | Real Science

clip: A month ago, Colorado had their record early ski opening at Wolf Creek, after having record late closings during the summer. This is completely consistent with decades of predictions that snow is a thing of the past. It is due to an increase in humidity in British Columbia from the normal 100%, all the way up to 100%.

Let's say hypothetically the Earth's temperature is increasing. This logically would mean more precipitation would go into the atmosphere. Now what happens when there's more precipitation, and it's snowing? Is there going to be A) more snow, B) same amount of snow, or C) less snow?

:lol: Rep on the way.

The OP itself blames it on Global Warming. :lol: Dave fails..., AGAIN!!!

Mount Kilimanjaro is slowly regaining its snow after several years of drought in East Africa and the effects of climate change in African continent.

Mount Kilimanjaro is slowly regaining its snow after several years of drought in East Africa and the effects of climate change in African continent.

Are you trying to blame man for africa's climate? Oh please try and make that ridiculous claim junior....:lol:

actually yes, it's plausible...
A Chilling Possibility
By disturbing a massive ocean current, melting Arctic sea ice might trigger colder weather in Europe and North America

A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science

Yeah, right. And you, of course, weren't leading anywhere with that loaded question. :rofl:

Actually I wasn't. Sure it def. was a loaded question-but that doesn't make the correct answer any less true.

I was simply seeing if the OP was willing to answer a common-sense question, because the OP obviously used this evidence against global warming. I was merely debunking the idea that this evidence that global warming doesn't exist.

In short: my point was that this snow piling up i not evidence that global warming doesn't exist. I was not insinuating that it means global warming does exist.

You get so uptight and defensive all the time-it's kind of funny. :lol:

Al Gore was incorrect to use Kilimanjaro as evidence for global warming in the first place. and whether the snow is increasing or decreasing that doesnt impact that Al Gore was wrong then and still wrong now.

Are you trying to blame man for africa's climate? Oh please try and make that ridiculous claim junior....:lol:

you are more ignorant than dirt....and blind...

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/Sampling_of_Scientific_Reality_Checks_on_Mount_Kilimanjaro.pdf

Sampling of Scientific Reality Checks on Mount Kilimanjaro:
New Study in Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research Reveals warming not cause of Kilimanjaro ice loss – September 24, 2008
Excerpt: It has become clear to all but the most blind, that rising temperatures have had little to do with Kilimanjaro’s disappearing ice, as the findings of Duane et al. (2008) also suggest. […] Stating that their work shows "the importance of moisture transport upslope to the summit of Kilimanjaro," Duane et al. thus come down on the side of the many other researchers who have concluded, in their words, that "the reasons for the rapid decline in Kilimanjaro's glaciers are not primarily due to increased air temperatures, but a lack of precipitation."

you are more ignorant than dirt....and blind...

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/Sampling_of_Scientific_Reality_Checks_on_Mount_Kilimanjaro.pdf

Sampling of Scientific Reality Checks on Mount Kilimanjaro:
New Study in Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research Reveals warming not cause of Kilimanjaro ice loss – September 24, 2008
Excerpt: It has become clear to all but the most blind, that rising temperatures have had little to do with Kilimanjaro’s disappearing ice, as the findings of Duane et al. (2008) also suggest. […] Stating that their work shows "the importance of moisture transport upslope to the summit of Kilimanjaro," Duane et al. thus come down on the side of the many other researchers who have concluded, in their words, that "the reasons for the rapid decline in Kilimanjaro's glaciers are not primarily due to increased air temperatures, but a lack of precipitation."

Really?

Now care to explain where I asked about precipitation or cold causing Kilimanjaro to melt snow or produce less of it?

Precipitation has set the tone of Kilimanjaro snow, despite what al gore tried to claim. I wasn't asking about that.

I asked junior if from his statement he was trying to blame African climate on man. Reading, its a good thing...

Now if you are wanting to make that claim please say so....

Forum List

Back