Snow in Portland, warm again in Arctic

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
f99d7f78-031d-4278-bced-1921f5c10b93_1484147829979_7658714_ver1.0.jpg

Snow slams Portland metro area, city comes to standstill

Well, we finally got a real snow fall here. Been a lot of years since we have actually had a winter. About 14" on the deck. In the meantime, looks like another midwinter melting event in the Arctic;

N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Just listened to a Oregon meteorologist. He was the only one correctly predicting it. He says the data does not match the warmer's theory and it's ocean currents driving the colder cycle. It's got nothing to do with the air.

Just listened to a Oregon meteorologist. He was the only one correctly predicting it. He says the data does not match the warmer's theory and it's ocean currents driving the colder cycle. It's got nothing to do with the air.

To rocks, everything including his bowel movements are due to AGW....

Oh my. No name, no link, just your flap yap. LOL

Here is that link:
Golfstrømmens varmepumpe i fare for kollaps i fremtiden

Golfstrømmen, som holder Danmark og Nordeuropa varm, kan i løbet af dette århundrede blive svækket betydeligt og på længere sigt helt kollapse.

Translation: The Gulf-stream heat pump which kept Denmark and Northern Europe warm for centuries is collapsing.
And it is based on this study:
https://www.nersc.no/sites/www.nersc.no/files/Bakker_et_al-2016-Geophysical_Research_Letters.pdf
Which has it that Greenland`s melting ice is impeding the Gulf stream
And (of course) it`s all caused by the CO2 man contributed.
So when it`s too warm in Northern Europe that confirms AGW
And when Northern Europe is too cold that also confirms AGW

Last edited:
Happened many, many times since 1950 which surprised me.........always the same too.......the mega-cold just moves southward.
Really? And how many times since 1950 have they taken a luxury liner through the Northwest Passage? That is the result of the loss of ice due to the warming of the atmosphere and oceans.

Here is that link:

Golfstrømmen, som holder Danmark og Nordeuropa varm, kan i løbet af dette århundrede blive svækket betydeligt og på længere sigt helt kollapse.

Translation: The Gulf-stream heat pump which kept Denmark and Northern Europe warm for centuries is collapsing.
And it is based on this study:
https://www.nersc.no/sites/www.nersc.no/files/Bakker_et_al-2016-Geophysical_Research_Letters.pdf
Which has it that Greenland`s melting ice is impeding the Gulf stream
And (of course) it`s all caused by the CO2 man contributed.
So when it`s too warm in Northern Europe that confirms AGW
And when Northern Europe is too cold that also confirms AGW
Well, it has not collapsed yet, so the effects we are seeing now are due to a much warmer ocean melting ice in the Arctic.

Well, it has not collapsed yet, so the effects we are seeing now are due to a much warmer ocean melting ice in the Arctic.
I also heard on that radio show yesterday that government employees in Portland get paid when they close shop for snow days. Sweet deal. Forecasts based on erroneous thinking so they are unprepared, outlaw salt on the roadway for environmental concerns when almost everyone else does it, roads too dangerous to drive on so pay the government workers for staying home.

Well, you hear a lot of things. Government employees with non-vital jobs were told to stay home. Those with vital jobs were often delivered to their jobs by volunteers from the Search and Rescue Organization. As were Doctors and nurses. Those employed working on clearing the snow and accidents off the road, are working overtime.

ODOT uses salt for first time in Portland area

Department of Transportation used salt in the Portland metro area to help keep roads dry and clear.

ODOT spokesman Don Hamilton told KGW Saturday night that salt was used on Highway 26 near Sylvan, a typical trouble spot as commuters attempt to make it up the steep hill.

"We put salt on that hill and those crews were free to go other places," said Dave Thompson of ODOT.

ODOT spread three loads of salt on Saturday, and Thompson said it worked well.

Happened many, many times since 1950 which surprised me.........always the same too.......the mega-cold just moves southward.
Really? And how many times since 1950 have they taken a luxury liner through the Northwest Passage? That is the result of the loss of ice due to the warming of the atmosphere and oceans.

Just sayin'..........historically, these events happen regularly and frequently..........

The December 2015 North Pole Warming Event and the Increasing Occurrence of Such Events : Scientific Reports

Forum List

Back