Snow Days in Your Future Echo Zulu!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The National Weather Service has us under Blizzard Watch, local meteorologists are saying anywhere from 20-26":

Storm could be bigger than the blizzard of '67 - DailyHerald.com

Article updated: 1/31/2011 09:05 AM | published: 1/30/2011 01:00 AM
Storm could be bigger than the blizzard of '67
By Paul Biasco

Chicago meteorologists plan to bring cots and a change of clothes to work this week as a massive blizzard is expected to dump up to 20 inches of snow starting Tuesday.

A blizzard watch will be in effect starting Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon for all of northeastern Illinois, according to the National Weather Service.

Current forecasts predict about 20 inches of snow for portions of southern Cook, DuPage, Kane and Will Counties and 18 inches for most of northeastern Illinois.

“I wouldn't want to be trying to get anywhere,” said Bill Nelson, Observation Program Leader for the National Weather Service. “We are planning on bringing in a couple of cots in case we get stuck.”

Light snow is expected to begin falling Monday night, but the heavy snowfall will begin falling midday Tuesday and through Wednesday afternoon.

Meteorologists predict the blizzard will produce whiteout conditions as 40 to 45 mph winds combine with snow falling at a pace of 2 to 4 inches per hour during portions of the storm, Nelson said.

The biggest storm to ever hit Chicago totaled 23 inches in 1967, but meteorologists predict the upcoming blizzard might break records.

“If everything pans out like we think right now, it will be right there at the top,” Nelson said....

i lived in hinsdale in '67. i'm surprised that's still the biggest storm what with *climate change*
:eusa_whistle:

Elmhust. Yep, that still hold the record. I'm really hoping it still will by Thursday.

i lived in hinsdale in '67. i'm surprised that's still the biggest storm what with *climate change*
:eusa_whistle:

Elmhust. Yep, that still hold the record. I'm really hoping it still will by Thursday.

we're running out of places to put it here. we're due for another one on weds.

*shrug*

Right now we only have 2-3" on the ground, of course the plow piles are higher, but not too bad. With that kind of snowfall and municipalities budgets though, it could be a huge problem.

we're running out of places to put it here. we're due for another one on weds.

*shrug*

Right now we only have 2-3" on the ground, of course the plow piles are higher, but not too bad. With that kind of snowfall and municipalities budgets though, it could be a huge problem.

we've got about 2 feet on the ground and every corner is like playing the lottery when you pull out into traffic. :lol:

snow removal budget was gone halfway through december i think, but they always play games with it anyway.

I'm waiting for global warming to stop all the snow.

It would be nice to have one week where we didn't lose business because of the fucking snow.

Forum List

Back