Snopes has had a busy year

All sources are biased. Since humans are biased, everything they write or say is biased.

The trick is to have the brains to research something for yourself and see whom said what.

I remember in another forum a left wing mod chick ended threads by posting from factcheck, yet another left wing organization that claims to be unbiased.

Ahhhh I sense a pattern here.

Factcheck and Snopes both bust some of the most enduring rightwing lies (along with leftwing ones)....but some wingnuts just can't stand to be wrong.

Obama website yanks 'Black Panthers' plug

YouTube - Barack Obama and The New Black Panther Party

Also, when the controversy erupted, I went on the Obama web site and saw the endorsement there. When all hell broke loose they took it off their official campaign web site.

The Panthers supporting Obama doesn't make Obama anymore racist than the Klan supporting McCain makes him a racist. Nice try through. :thup:

Also:

Fox News Publishes False "Black Panther" Endorsement Of Obama

Here's the problem- anybody can set up a profile and blog on the my.barackobama.com section of the website claiming support of Obama. There is no way to tell if this came from the 'black panther party', and even if it did, Obama's campaign has absolutely nothing to do with it, no control of it, and no knowledge of it when it is posted.

You were never being humorous about your age....you were being disengenuous, Dogbert. You were trying to use those words as a point about you that wasn't true. No, not everyone knows all about your age, and you should have never said it, like you had.
You are the one that needs to grow up, sonny. Going to be a punk your whole life?

What the hell are you bitter about? I was being humorous about my age because I learned something here very quickly at USMB. Certain people like to use my age as a weapon in order to say my arguments are worthless. After playing into that for awhile, I decided the most mature and easiest thing to do was to simply be completely unserious about it.

For example: Xo brought up when I became a mod about how I can't drink. In turn, I made a joke about how they're going to need a designated driver, and my age just makes it that much easier.

It's actually pretty ironic all things considering that one of my most mature moves here at USMB is considered by you to be one of my most immature.

My age is common knowledge on here. Anyone who has been here more than two weeks has seen a post against me that references my age. Hell, it's even in my profile. So you trying to act like I hide it is hilarious.

I'm proud of being 19, and no I didn't vote for Obama. Both are facts, and at the end of the day, nothing you can say changes either. :rofl:

Bullshit.

You wanted to give the impression that you are politically neutral by denying that you voted for Obama.

I would pity those who have even the slightest ability to be honest with others or themselves, but pity is for the weak.

Keep telling yourself lies, and you end up believing them, yourself. It is an effective means to delude yourself. And, a sign of low character.

Everything has a bias, but it is not necessarily a left-right bias.

All sources are biased. Since humans are biased, everything they write or say is biased.

The trick is to have the brains to research something for yourself and see whom said what.

I remember in another forum a left wing mod chick ended threads by posting from factcheck, yet another left wing organization that claims to be unbiased.

Factcheck and Snopes both bust some of the most enduring rightwing lies (along with leftwing ones)....but some wingnuts just can't stand to be wrong.

Yup and what's their source that they have a left leaning bias? A website with a heavy rightwing bias, which for some reason they aren't the least bit skeptical of.

Also, when the controversy erupted, I went on the Obama web site and saw the endorsement there. When all hell broke loose they took it off their official campaign web site.

The Panthers supporting Obama doesn't make Obama anymore racist than the Klan supporting McCain makes him a racist. Nice try through. :thup:

Also:

Here's the problem- anybody can set up a profile and blog on the my.barackobama.com section of the website claiming support of Obama. There is no way to tell if this came from the 'black panther party', and even if it did, Obama's campaign has absolutely nothing to do with it, no control of it, and no knowledge of it when it is posted.

The difference is that Obama allowed their endorsement on his web site.

And that is a lot greater evidence than an internet site which had a post of a post that a link of someone charged with murder tainting the publication :cuckoo:

Bullshit.

You wanted to give the impression that you are politically neutral by denying that you voted for Obama.

I would pity those who have even the slightest ability to be honest with others or themselves, but pity is for the weak.

Keep telling yourself lies, and you end up believing them, yourself. It is an effective means to delude yourself. And, a sign of low character.

What the hell are you babbling on about now? Politically neutral? :rofl:

Nobody is politically neutral, not even you Modo. Hell, I'll admit it as I always have, I'd vote for Barack Obama for the 2008 election if given the opportunity.

So what am I trying to hide? I mean, obviously if I have all these secrets, wouldn't have all these things public, would I? :rofl:

Nice try you two, but better luck next time. By the way, nice job trolling and derailing this thread. :thup:

They don't prove them wrong, they just tell liberals what they want to hear.

Thank you for your condolences regarding Fred in the other thread.

You were never being humorous about your age....you were being disengenuous, Dogbert. You were trying to use those words as a point about you that wasn't true. No, not everyone knows all about your age, and you should have never said it, like you had.
You are the one that needs to grow up, sonny. Going to be a punk your whole life?

What the hell are you bitter about? I was being humorous about my age because I learned something here very quickly at USMB. Certain people like to use my age as a weapon in order to say my arguments are worthless. After playing into that for awhile, I decided the most mature and easiest thing to do was to simply be completely unserious about it.

For example: Xo brought up when I became a mod about how I can't drink. In turn, I made a joke about how they're going to need a designated driver, and my age just makes it that much easier.

It's actually pretty ironic all things considering that one of my most mature moves here at USMB is considered by you to be one of my most immature.

My age is common knowledge on here. Anyone who has been here more than two weeks has seen a post against me that references my age. Hell, it's even in my profile. So you trying to act like I hide it is hilarious.

I'm proud of being 19, and no I didn't vote for Obama. Both are facts, and at the end of the day, nothing you can say changes either. :rofl:

You know what your doing? It's called damage control. Your age is common knowledge to a few, Dogbert, not the many, so don't try that with me. Not everyone follows your sorry ass around this forum. Our arguement came with you saying that you didn't vote for obama, trying to come off as neutral in our disagreement.....nothing humorous about that, then finding out that YOU WERE too young to even vote took away all your crediblity. You were trying to establish credibility in the arguement, and you were busted....those are the facts, and that is why I say you cherry pick your words, and you are disengenuous, both are facts, and nothing you can say changes either. :lol:

Last edited:

Snopes has a proven Left-wing bias, which is unfortunate since it would be nice to have a neutral source. In any case, the Republicans don't need to make stuff up about Obama. He is already on his way to being remembered as a President worse than Jimmy Carter, why the need to fabricate anything?

Proven how?
From the specific examples given in the first link I posted about this.

And that is a lot greater evidence than an internet site which had a post of a post that a link of someone charged with murder tainting the publication :cuckoo:

You don't seem to realize that everyone's endorsement is allowed until it is removed. Hell, I could of said I was a member of the Klan and that the KKK is supporting Obama. Doesn't mean Obama has the support of the Klan.

But all you're really doing is trying to take the heat off Free Republic. Nice try. :thup:

I wonder how many here are old enough to remember Clinton's election and the same distortions, aspersions, and craziness from the right wing conservatives and corporate worshipers. It was the same folks. Well now maybe just a bit worse as power and money has created even more partisan groups in opposition to Obama. The interesting question is why - and not the usual denial or projection?

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey

You don't seem to realize that everyone's endorsement is allowed until it is removed. Hell, I could of said I was a member of the Klan and that the KKK is supporting Obama. Doesn't mean Obama has the support of the Klan.

But all you're really doing is trying to take the heat off Free Republic. Nice try. :thup:

Obama controlled what was on his web site. It was only removed when it became a public issue.

As far as your example, if Obama chooses to allow a KKK endorsement in his official web site, that is at least a tacit endorsement of the KKK.

Also:

It was deleted.

Didn't read the story did you?

"
Update- Fox has now changed the story to say that the campaign removed the endorsement. Unfortunately I didn't copy and paste the original article. It was awash in falsehoods.

For fun, I set up a profile for Sean Hannity. It appears that he, too, is a HUGE Obama supporter!
Click Here for Sean Hannity's Obama Endorsement
We need to DEMAND an apology and retraction from Fox News. This is just unnacceptable. Sorry for the short diary, I'm in a hurry.
Update- Obama campaign has deleted the fake "New Black Panther Party" profile. However, Sean Hannity still loves Obama!"

Bullshit.

What the hell are you babbling on about now? Politically neutral? :rofl:

Nobody is politically neutral, not even you Modo. Hell, I'll admit it as I always have, I'd vote for Barack Obama for the 2008 election if given the opportunity.

So what am I trying to hide? I mean, obviously if I have all these secrets, wouldn't have all these things public, would I? :rofl:

Nice try you two, but better luck next time. By the way, nice job trolling and derailing this thread. :thup:

Christ Almighty. I never said you WERE politically neutral, you idiot. Read my words. I'd have to wonder about my sanity if I ever even thought that you were close to being politically neutral.

I said you were attempting to give that impression by saying over and over that you did not vote for Obama. Disingenuous, at best, likely dishonest.

Your lack of reading comprehension skills is shining through. Or, you just know no other way to be other than dishonest.

Pathological.

Last edited:
Is said this as well. When it became an issue, Obama removed it from his web site. If anything that confirms what I said.

Point?

Forum List

Back