Snooki is a "Gypsy" not "Chilean"?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Snooki Isn't Chilean?! Find Out Her Shocking DNA Test Results | Wetpaint

According to her official DNA testing results, Polizzi is part Romani, which is an ethnic tribe from Northern India, gypsy, Iberian American, South Asian, East Asian, Middle Eastern, and Jewish with roots in North Western Croatia, Macedonia, Slovakia, Russia, and Spain.

Snooki DNA Testing Brings Out the Gypsy in 'Jersey Shore' Star (Video)

only the east asian is wrong for a gypsy here, but she could be mixed gypsy.

w310_1736741211376338534-1384296193.jpg

only the east asian is wrong for a gypsy, well if she is 0.1% like me then ok but if she is like 5% or more something is wrong and could be partly native american maybe?

Who did the test? It only goes back about 10 generations, if it's through Ancestry.

There were a plethora of people that went to South America. This is a quick search (I apologize for using Wiki) here that doesn't do it justice.
Immigration to Chile - Wikipedia

Most South American history books, however, exclude the presence of the Roma (mistakenly believed at one time to have originated from Egypt, hence the misnomer ‘Gypsies’); it is as if they never existed in the region. Yet today it is estimated that about 1 million Roma live in Brazil, 300,000 in Argentina, between 15-20,000 in Chile, 5,000 each in Ecuador and Uruguay, and 8,000 in Colombia (where in 2005, for the first time, Roma were included in the census). Most of these Roma peoples have arrived in South America for the same reasons their ancestors were forced to leave Northern India some thousand years ago and to adopt a life of frequent nomadism in Europe (hence becoming ‘outsiders’ wherever they stopped); namely, for reasons of racist harassment and systematic persecution.

Between 1,200 and 1,500 Chinese workers in Peru offered support to the Chilean side in the War of the Pacific (1879-1883) and thus went to Chile at the war's end.[2]
Chinese people in Chile - Wikipedia

Japan gave impetus to begin migration when it ended the “sakoku” of three centuries, achieved rapprochement with other nations through the signing of Treaties of Friendship and Trade (Japan had signed such a treaty with Chile in 1897), and encouraged the “dekasegi” in order to alleviate, in part, the high social drama with which the bulk of the population lived. Under direct government auspices, thousands of families responded to the call and dispersed throughout the world in search of employment that Japan was unable to offer. Much of this official migration ended up in the Americas.

Not all countries, however, opened their doors. Among them was Chile. Despite its adverse reaction to immigration, a certain number of Japanese crossed its borders as free travelers, attracted to a quasi-mythical area on the other side of the world. Of these adventurous travelers, some ended their journeys and remained for awhile. A census count surprised some: the census of 1875 recorded the first two Japanese residing in Chile, and a decade later fifty-one Japanese were counted. The latter number was certainly surprising considering that Chile had fought a regional war with its neighbors, Peru and Bolivia, in 1879-1882. Undoubtedly, victory in war and the subsequent boom in the saltpeter market attracted adventurers from all over the world to Chile. Among the many people who came to Chile were a few Japanese. Who were these Japanese? Even today they continue to be unknown because they did not establish permanent roots. They soon realized that the little savings they had achieved was sufficient,
Chile and Japanese Migration – Part 1

or
Despite these difficulties, the census of 1907 counted 209 Japanese residing in Chile, five of whom were the first Japanese women to come to Chile. By 1940 the overall number of Japanese had increased to 948. The pacific theater of World War II (1941-1945) interrupted the migration, and we have to wait until the decade of the 1950s to see a new and spontaneous stream of migrants who brought with them other names, other dramas, and even other “kami .” Among them would be the “Nikkei” who honored their pioneer parents, as they carved niches for themselves in Chilean society.
Chile and Japanese Migration – Part 1

Diplomatic relations between South Korea and Chile were established in 1962, and, since the arrival of the first Korean immigrants several decades ago, the community has grown slowly but steadily. According to figures provided by the South Korean foreign ministry, about 2,500 South Koreans were residing in Chile in 2011.

The level of engagement between the two countries has been increasing as well. The past year was a high point in relations, with Chilean President Sebastian Pinera visiting Seoul in March and his then counterpart President Lee Myung-bak making a trip to Santiago in June.
Koreans in Chile carry on traditions of home

Then there is all of the traveling folks in East Asia and Europe.

Snooki Isn't Chilean?! Find Out Her Shocking DNA Test Results | Wetpaint

According to her official DNA testing results, Polizzi is part Romani, which is an ethnic tribe from Northern India, gypsy, Iberian American, South Asian, East Asian, Middle Eastern, and Jewish with roots in North Western Croatia, Macedonia, Slovakia, Russia, and Spain.

Snooki DNA Testing Brings Out the Gypsy in 'Jersey Shore' Star (Video)

only the east asian is wrong for a gypsy here, but she could be mixed gypsy.

w310_1736741211376338534-1384296193.jpg

I am scratching my head trying to come up with something I could care less about.

I wonder if she goes on a forum and posts several threads asking if people think she is white.

i explained why i did, i was interested in the american culture and race obsession is big part of american history and culture

If you are interested in that, then you shouldn't always want to be part of the race that is deemed "preferential." How about you actually study it. Try reading about the Jim Crow Laws.

I wonder if she goes on a forum and posts several threads asking if people think she is white.

i explained why i did, i was interested in the american culture and race obsession is big part of american history and culture

If you are interested in that, then you shouldn't always want to be part of the race that is deemed "preferential." How about you actually study it. Try reading about the Jim Crow Laws.

everyone wants to be treated better, thats natural. i dont want to be looked down. thats natural. everyone wants that even if some cant be etc.

everyone wants to be treated better, thats natural. i dont want to be looked down. thats natural. everyone wants that even if some cant be etc.

No, not everyone. Some people just want to be treated equal.

yes i want to be treated equal and not as outsider.

Then you should study those that are working to be equal, not those that are considered part of the privileged.

Last edited:

Then you should study those that are working to be equal, not those that are considered part of the privileged.

I do really. Iam fan of Malcom X, MLK etc. But arent you a white guy yourself so you are privileged and tell me this. You dont even know what its to be unprivileged or discriminated. Arent you a hypocrite?

I do really. Iam fan of Malcom X, MLK etc. But arent you a white guy yourself so you are privileged and tell me this. You dont even know what its to be unprivileged or discriminated. Arent you a hypocrite?

No... and that isn't how being a hypocrite works. Yes, in many terms I'm considered white, but I'm largely Native American and have been asked by people if I'm part Black. Now, I have always advocated for equality, and I study these things academically so that I can better understand them.

Forum List

Back