Snooki gets $2K more than author Toni Morrison to appear at Rutgers

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Last month, Rutgers officials said they had booked Morrison — author of "Beloved," "Song of Solomon" and other novels — to speak in a 52,000-seat football stadium at commencement in May. She will be paid $30,000, marking the first time Rutgers has written a check for a graduation speaker.

Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Over 1,000 Rutgers students lined the Livingston Student Center to see MTV's Snooki in a question and answer session. The Jersey Shore reality star 'sold out' two separate sessions but admission was free on a first come, first serve basis. Students waited in line as early as 1pm for an 8pm start. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid $32,000 for Snooki's appearance.

Tonight, Rutgers students said they had also made a big-name booking. Snooki — the "Jersey Shore" star whose real name is Nicole Polizzi — appeared at two question-and-answer sessions at the Livingston Student Center in Piscataway.

Her fee: $32,000

Unlike Morrison, who was booked by university officials, a student-run committee invited Snooki. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid the reality star using the mandatory student activity fees undergraduates must pay with their tuition.

When asked what her advice was for Rutgers students, she said: "Study hard, but party harder."

Snooki of 'Jersey Shore' gets $2K more than author Toni Morrison to appear at Rutgers | NJ.com

Speechless... :cuckoo:

Last month, Rutgers officials said they had booked Morrison — author of "Beloved," "Song of Solomon" and other novels — to speak in a 52,000-seat football stadium at commencement in May. She will be paid $30,000, marking the first time Rutgers has written a check for a graduation speaker.

Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Over 1,000 Rutgers students lined the Livingston Student Center to see MTV's Snooki in a question and answer session. The Jersey Shore reality star 'sold out' two separate sessions but admission was free on a first come, first serve basis. Students waited in line as early as 1pm for an 8pm start. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid $32,000 for Snooki's appearance.

Tonight, Rutgers students said they had also made a big-name booking. Snooki — the "Jersey Shore" star whose real name is Nicole Polizzi — appeared at two question-and-answer sessions at the Livingston Student Center in Piscataway.

Unlike Morrison, who was booked by university officials, a student-run committee invited Snooki. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid the reality star using the mandatory student activity fees undergraduates must pay with their tuition.

When asked what her advice was for Rutgers students, she said: "Study hard, but party harder."

Snooki of 'Jersey Shore' gets $2K more than author Toni Morrison to appear at Rutgers | NJ.com

If I want to learn how to accessorize, paint my face, and projectile-vomit I'll ask Snooki.

If I want to learn how to accessorize, paint my face, and projectile-vomit I'll ask Snooki.

Don't forget home remedies for herpes flare ups.

This just goes to show the epic failure of parenting skills.

We have children that have never been punished raising children that were never punished.

And some of us are shocked that a Nobel winner gets less money and attention at a College, than a drunken TV whore.

Don't be, we are still going down hill.

Who the fuck is Toni Morrison?
Toni Morrison is the woman who said that Bill Clinton was the first Black President.
A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE Clinton as the first black president
White skin notwithstanding, this is our first black President. Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children's lifetime. After all, Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald's-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas.

We have children that have never been punished raising children that were never punished.

And some of us are shocked that a Nobel winner gets less money and attention at a College, than a drunken TV whore.

Some of us but not all of us :lol:

Ravi said:
I don't get the outrage.

So Snooki is better at negotiating a contract...why is this such a big deal. Doesn't Palin get even more and she's just an attention whore.

So Snooki is better at negotiating a contract...why is this such a big deal. Doesn't Palin get even more and she's just an attention whore.

Not so much to do with the money to me.

A Nobel winning author drew an average crowd of students.

A dumb **** draws so many that she got a 2nd day.

What this tells me is that the up and coming generation thinks little of earning greatness compared to whoreing for money and fame

Last edited:

Nothing to do with the money to me.

What this tells me is that the up and coming generation thinks little of earning greatness compared to whoreing for money and fame
:lol: What a fuddy duddy you are. The students decide who they want to hire to entertain them. Who cares if they hire a tv personality or Billy Graham. It's their business and no one else's, certainly not yours.

Nothing to do with the money to me.

:lol: What a fuddy duddy you are. The students decide who they want to hire to entertain them. Who cares if they hire a tv personality or Billy Graham. It's their business and no one else's, certainly not yours.

What's it like in Never Never land? Where things happen with majic and nothing means anything?

Snooki cracks me up, what little I've seen of her. I'd pay more to see her than to see Toni Morrison. With some exceptions I don't get poetry and I don't even remember if I've ever even tried to read one of her poems though I must have done.

You know what? I'd probably even pay more to hear Allie Baba babble than to hear most poets. So shoot me, I have no class.

WYGD?

Sorry, but this is a sad state of the youth of America.

Where they will pay more money for a reality show tramp than a respected writer.

These are the same people that want Donald Trump and Sarah Palin for President too.

I fear for our future with people like this. :eek:

Snooki cracks me up, what little I've seen of her. I'd pay more to see her than to see Toni Morrison. With some exceptions I don't get poetry and I don't even remember if I've ever even tried to read one of her poems though I must have done.
She also writes novels and is a very good story teller.

But probably not really what students want their activity fees paying for...anyway, she's merely speaking at the commencement ceremony.

I can't believe the outrage over this...Snooki must be some horrible evil murderer or something on the level of Dick Cheney.

Forum List

Back