Snl

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
I used to like Saturday Night Live a whole lot better when I was a lib. Nowadays, the humor is generally so liberal oriented, it becomes quickly stale. But even so, notwithstanding last night's stinker of a show, I like to tune in every once in a while.

So, I found an SNL website that has TRANSCRIPTS! Goldmine.

Here's one of the best bits (imho) from the first season. Chevy Chase is the job interviewer. The late great Richard Pryor is the job applicant/interviewee. Enjoy:

Saturday Night Live Transcripts

Season 1: Episode 7

75g: Richard Pryor / Gil Scott-Heron

Racist Word Association Interview

Written by: Paul Mooney

Interviewer.....Chevy Chase
Mr. Wilson.....Richard Pryor

Interviewer: Alright, Mr. Wilson, you've done just fine on the Rorshact.. your papers are in good order.. your file's fine.. no difficulties with your motor skills.. And I think you're probably ready for this job. We've got one more psychological test we always do here. It's just a Word Association. I'll throw you out a few words - anything that comes to your mind, just throw back at me, okay? It's kind of an arbitrary thing. Like, if I say "dog", you'd say..?

Mr. Wilson: "Tree".

Interviewer: "Tree". [ nods head, prepares the test papers ] "Dog".

Interviewer: "Fast".

Mr. Wilson: "Slow".

Interviewer: "Rain".

Mr. Wilson: "Snow".

Interviewer: "White".

Mr. Wilson: "Black".

Interviewer: "Bean".

Mr. Wilson: "Pod".

Interviewer: [ casually ] "Negro".

Mr. Wilson: "Whitey".

Interviewer: "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: [ silent, sure he didn't hear what he thinks he heard ] What'd you say?

Interviewer: [ repeating ] "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: "Ofay".

Interviewer: "Colored".

Mr. Wilson: "Redneck".

Interviewer: "Junglebunny".

Mr. Wilson: [ starting to get angry ] "Peckerwood!"

Interviewer: "Burrhead".

Mr. Wilson: [ defensive ] "Cracker!"

Interviewer: [ aggressive ] "Spearchucker".

Mr. Wilson: "White trash!"

Interviewer: "Jungle Bunny!"

Mr. Wilson: [ upset ] "Honky!"

Interviewer: "Spade!

Mr. Wilson: [ really upset ] "Honky Honky!"

Interviewer: [ relentless ] "******!"

Mr. Wilson: [ immediate ] "Dead honky!" [ face starts to flinch ]

Interviewer: [ quickly wraps the interview up ] Okay, Mr. Wilson, I think you're qualified for this job. How about a starting salary of $5,000?

Mr. Wilson: Your momma!

Interviewer: [ fumbling ] Uh.. $7,500 a year?

Mr. Wilson: Your grandmomma!

Interviewer: [ desperate ] $15,000, Mr. Wilson. You'll be the highest paid janitor in America. Just, don't.. don't hurt me, please..

Mr. Wilson: Okay.

Interviewer: [ relieved ] Okay.

Mr. Wilson: You want me to start now?

Interviewer: Oh, no, no.. that's alright. I'll clean all this up. Take a couple of weeks off, you look tired.

[ fade ]

SNL Transcripts
SNL Transcripts: Richard Pryor: 12/13/75: Racist Word Association Interview

I remember that episode well.

Pryor was the best. I liked the one where he was with another priest performing an excorcism...Lorraine Newman played the little girl...

..."Your mama sews socks that smell..."! :lol:

And of course Pryors' response...He had a great sense of humour.

He is missed.

I used to like Saturday Night Live a whole lot better when I was a lib. Nowadays, the humor is generally so liberal oriented, it becomes quickly stale. But even so, notwithstanding last night's stinker of a show, I like to tune in every once in a while.

So, I found an SNL website that has TRANSCRIPTS! Goldmine.

Here's one of the best bits (imho) from the first season. Chevy Chase is the job interviewer. The late great Richard Pryor is the job applicant/interviewee. Enjoy:

Saturday Night Live Transcripts

Season 1: Episode 7

75g: Richard Pryor / Gil Scott-Heron

Racist Word Association Interview

Written by: Paul Mooney

Interviewer.....Chevy Chase
Mr. Wilson.....Richard Pryor

Interviewer: Alright, Mr. Wilson, you've done just fine on the Rorshact.. your papers are in good order.. your file's fine.. no difficulties with your motor skills.. And I think you're probably ready for this job. We've got one more psychological test we always do here. It's just a Word Association. I'll throw you out a few words - anything that comes to your mind, just throw back at me, okay? It's kind of an arbitrary thing. Like, if I say "dog", you'd say..?

Interviewer: "Tree". [ nods head, prepares the test papers ] "Dog".

Interviewer: "Fast".

Mr. Wilson: "Slow".

Interviewer: "Rain".

Mr. Wilson: "Snow".

Interviewer: "White".

Mr. Wilson: "Black".

Interviewer: "Bean".

Mr. Wilson: "Pod".

Interviewer: [ casually ] "Negro".

Mr. Wilson: "Whitey".

Interviewer: "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: [ silent, sure he didn't hear what he thinks he heard ] What'd you say?

Interviewer: [ repeating ] "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: "Ofay".

Interviewer: "Colored".

Mr. Wilson: "Redneck".

Interviewer: "Junglebunny".

Mr. Wilson: [ starting to get angry ] "Peckerwood!"

Interviewer: "Burrhead".

Mr. Wilson: [ defensive ] "Cracker!"

Interviewer: [ aggressive ] "Spearchucker".

Mr. Wilson: "White trash!"

Interviewer: "Jungle Bunny!"

Mr. Wilson: [ upset ] "Honky!"

Interviewer: "Spade!

Mr. Wilson: [ really upset ] "Honky Honky!"

Interviewer: [ relentless ] "******!"

Mr. Wilson: [ immediate ] "Dead honky!" [ face starts to flinch ]

Interviewer: [ quickly wraps the interview up ] Okay, Mr. Wilson, I think you're qualified for this job. How about a starting salary of $5,000?

Mr. Wilson: Your momma!

Interviewer: [ fumbling ] Uh.. $7,500 a year?

Mr. Wilson: Your grandmomma!

Interviewer: [ desperate ] $15,000, Mr. Wilson. You'll be the highest paid janitor in America. Just, don't.. don't hurt me, please..

Mr. Wilson: Okay.

Interviewer: [ relieved ] Okay.

Mr. Wilson: You want me to start now?

Interviewer: Oh, no, no.. that's alright. I'll clean all this up. Take a couple of weeks off, you look tired.

[ fade ]

SNL Transcripts
SNL Transcripts: Richard Pryor: 12/13/75: Racist Word Association Interview

Here is a link to that vid if you are interested?

HERE

The original cast of SNL is considered by many critics to be the best. And I think overall that the critics are right. Still, there have been some stand outs in later casts, too.

I never cared much for the performances of Justin Timberlake until I saw this Beyonce Single Ladies parody: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC7pilGoPc[/ame]

Enjoy it one and all.

Now I think Timberlake is a pretty good performer and a funny guy (and the stuff he does in the other video movies he makes for SNL are also quite funny).

In Living Color!
icon14.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR2T6YKAUc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR2T6YKAUc[/ame]

The original cast of SNL is considered by many critics to be the best. And I think overall that the critics are right. Still, there have been some stand outs in later casts, too.

I never cared much for the performances of Justin Timberlake until I saw this Beyonce Single Ladies parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC7pilGoPc

Enjoy it one and all.

Now I think Timberlake is a pretty good performer and a funny guy (and the stuff he does in the other video movies he makes for SNL are also quite funny).

That ones good. :lol: Dick in a Box is my favorite Timberlake skit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg[/ame]

Kids In The Hall -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqIazaeeJc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBlPy0byK8[/ame]

Forum List

Back