Sniglets...Words That Should Be In The Dictionary But Aren't

Thermalophobia (thur muh lo fo' be uh) -
n. The fear when showering that someone will sneak in, flush the toilet, and scald you to death.

Malibugaloo (mal ih boo' guh lew) -
n. A dance that affects barefoot beachgoers on hot summer days.

Intaxication -
Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

Great link! :lol:

While going through some definitions this morning...I came across this Site...''SNIGLETS".
For those of you that had HBO in the early 80's you will rememer the word. HBO had a Satire Program called "Not Necessarily The News" [ Reference ]

I used to watch it to learn new 'words'.

For Instance?

Hozone (ho' zohn) - n. The place where one sock in every laundry load disappears to.

Hydralation (hi dra lay' shun) - n. Acclimating oneself to a cold swimming pool by bodily regions: toe-to-knee, knee-to-waist, waist-to-elbow, elbow-to-neck.

and...

Icision (ih sih' zhun) - n. Delicate operation performed on Neapolitan-flavored ice cream in which one entire flavor is precisely and systematically removed.

mrgreen.gif

Go to the link at the top of the page. Some of these are pretty funny.
I love sniglets. I have made up my own.

hypnewsis (hip newz iss) -n. The trance-like state one enters when watching the news and is only broken whenever one hears something familiar to them and start paying attention to the story being reported. Usually, however, the story is at least half over and one does not get the complete story. This often happens whenever one makes a conscious decision to watch the local news for the weather report and before one knows it, the weather has been covered and one is none the wiser as to the forecast.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back