Snap out of it Obamaphiles -- Your cult figure is just a liar.

Feb 28, 2009
According to the AP, many of President Obama's anecdotal health care horror stories are quite inaccurate, some bold faced lies, and the kool-aid keeps on flowing:

AP News : Sun Journal

WASHINGTON (AP) -- One of President Barack Obama's health care "horror stories" is about a woman who, he says, lost her health insurance on the verge of breast cancer surgery because she didn't disclose a case of acne to the insurer. That's not what happened.
Read on at link provided.

Why does he need to lie, to pump up the fearmongering horror stories, if his plan is so good? He rails against "misinformation" when HE is the source of most of it!

Beaton did not lose her insurance because she failed to own up to a skin problem in her past. She lost it because, when enrolling in the plan, she had not reported a previous heart condition and did not list her weight accurately.
That makes it okay, then. :cuckoo:

• Banned
Beaton did not lose her insurance because she failed to own up to a skin problem in her past. She lost it because, when enrolling in the plan, she had not reported a previous heart condition and did not list her weight accurately.
Her repug Congressman fixed the issue. Obama merely lied about it. But that makes it all okay for you.

Her repug Congressman fixed the issue. Obama merely lied about it. But that makes it all okay for you.
I expect politicians to lie. This is a very small lie, if it even is a lie and not just a mistake.

That you are okay that people's insurance gets canceled when they need it most is disturbing.

Why should you have to go to your Congressman to "fix" anything?

Without a public option, these are the companies who decide whether we receive treatment or not.

In this case they decided that her heart condition and weight caused breast cancer

• Banned
I expect politicians to lie. This is a very small lie, if it even is a lie and not just a mistake.
If you read the article, you'll find more such "mistakes."
That you are okay that people's insurance gets canceled when they need it most is disturbing.
Are you projecting again? Or just outright lying again? Total strawman, once again you substitute a fictional opinion/position for my actual one.

And actually, the idea you seem to have that the Dems health scare bill will actually change anything, or even help, is what's disturbing.

Are you projecting again? Or just outright lying again? Total strawman, once again you substitute a fictional opinion/position for my actual one.

And actually, the idea you seem to have that the Dems health scare bill will actually change anything, or even help, is what's disturbing.
It's no strawman. You find a story about someone being denied health care when they need it most and use it as a tool to bash Obama. Therefore, you don't care that people are denied health care when they need it most. Don't be such a wus, admit it. :lol:

they all do it....start rambling off stories that support their side...face it ...facts are a politicans worst enemy. and the american public loves a good story. look at all the made up heros etc.

It's no strawman. You find a story about someone being denied health care when they need it most and use it as a tool to bash Obama. Therefore, you don't care that people are denied health care when they need it most. Don't be such a wus, admit it. :lol:
Your logic is flawed. I made no opinion whatsoever of the different situations described in the article.

The article isn't a tool. It's information you wish never saw the light of day. So, you continue your knee-jerk apologist mantra unabated, not minding what an idiot you're making of yourself in the process.

Hey Ravi -- they won't kick you out of the cult for not defending every little thing that comes along, ya know. You are allowed to actually ignore stuff, even just be honest and say, "that's not good." They don't mind you having a LITTLE intellectual honesty.

But only just a little. You wouldn't want to make it habitual! :badgrin:

Last edited:
phfftttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhh..........did you believe that? but here is the question or the rub so to speak...how can a politician unite this country and not be seen by the 'other side' as a messiah (not my term) etc.

THIS statement coming from the same group of people falling all over themselves about a book someone else wrote for their cult figure, Sarah Palin???

Does the hypocrisy never cease?

Not sure whey anyone believes anything these people say. It is no secret that every major shithole in the U.S. is a liberal stronghold. What more evidence does one need that these folks are full of it?

THIS statement coming from the same group of people falling all over themselves about a book someone else wrote for their cult figure, Sarah Palin???

Does the hypocrisy never cease?
I'm not in that "group of people." Does your ignorance and idiocy never cease?

Anything to say about the topic now?

There are plenty of horror stories out there that involve Health Insurance companies denying claims at the very time of need.

But the biggest horror story is the fact that of the 700,000, or more, families that go bankrupt every year in this nation because of medical bills, over 50% have insurance. In Europe, Japan, and Taiwan, there are no families going broke because of medical bills.

you don't care that people are denied health care when they need it most
In this particular case, the person committed fraud by lying on her application for the insurance. She admits it. Concealed a known, pre-existing heart condition to get a cheaper rate. You're perfectly okay with this however.

Forum List

Back