Snakes in the generator!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Well, we bought a new generator cover, the first one blew away with the first Nor'easter, so we covered it with an extra tarp this summer, till we could get a new one.

Earlier this week we took off the tarp and there were 6 snakes inside the cover that scattered quickly...a bigger mother, another bigger one and a bunch of small skinny ones!

Maine is not SUPPOSE to have any poisonous snakes, thank God! does anyone know what these snakes are?

DSCF1346.JPG

DSCF1348.JPG

DSCF1349.JPG

DSCF1350.JPG

DSCF1353.JPG

DSCF1357.JPG

They look like plain old garter snakes to me. Completely harmless and kinda cute.

e_gartersnake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like plain old garter snakes to me. Completely harmless and kinda cute.

e_gartersnake.jpg

that's it! only more brown! they like it under tarps...matt took off lawn mower tarp and another 2 were under it!

How the British armed Forces deal with Snakes:

1.Infantry:
Tracks Snake through jungle. Snake smells them and quickly leaves area, travelling upwind.

2.Parachute Regiment:
Lands on and kills snake.

3.Armour:
Runs over snake, laughs and looks for more snakes.

4.Cavalry:
Treats snake with haughty disdain as having no impact on primary objective: to hold London against Roundheads at all costs.

5.Royal Marine Commandos:
Plays with snake, gets smashed with snake. Eats snake

6.Combat Engineer:
Studies snake. Prepares tactical plan for fixing snake using counter-mobility assets and defeating snake using mobility assets. Chain of command pays no attention. Snake falls into hole dug by infantry and drowns.

7.Artillery:
Fires 3 hour concentrated barrage. Misses snake. Tree blown up by stray round falls on snake and kills it. Mission declared successful and all participants awarded gallantry medals.

8.Special Forces:
Makes contact with snake and, ignoring Foreign Office directives, builds rapport with snake and starts winning its heart and mind. Trains it to kill other snakes. Files massive expenses claim. Writes best-seller “Python Two Zero”.

9.Army Medical Services:
Snake dies by mistake on operating table. Dissects snake.

10.Royal Navy:
Fires 183 missiles from 17 ships. Estimates 60% of snake killed. Makes PowerPoint presentation to MoD Select Committee on how Naval forces are the most cost effective means of conducting anti-snake operations.

11.TA:
Kills snake by accident on weekend camp. Keeps quiet about it.

12.RAF:
Obtains geo-co-ordinates for snake. Alerts 40 Jaguars, 20 Harriers, and RAF Regiment. Loads laser-guided bombs by mistake. Flies in at 20,000 feet, can’t find snake so drops bombs in sea on way home. Returns to base for crew rest, dry-cleaning collection, facial and manicure.

13.Intelligence Corps:
Snake? What snake? Only 4 of 35 indicators of snake presence currently active. Assesses potential for snake activity as low. Dies of snake-bite.

14.Defence Logistic Organisation:
Orders 2 year Study by Anderson Consultants at cost of £1.5M. generating massive workload at grade I staff level. Report finds that killing snake may contribute to 20% Output costing savings by inclusion of snake meat in tri-Service messing. Snake Meat Implementation Team formed, with 2-star tri-Service steering group. Aim to introduce snake meat into all messes and ration packs by 2002. Snake experts from Special Forces and Ghurkhas do not know what they are talking about. High profile £2M PR campaign launched featuring celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott and retired 4-star officers keen to supplement their excessive pensions. Snake meat launched in Service messes and restaurants to resounding clamour of apathy. Desperate to recoup lost money, Army demolishes 300 married quarters and sells snake meat holdings to Indian and Canadian Armed Forces.

15.Defence Procurement Agency:
Decide they want to buy a Snake. Offer ambiguous contract out for tender. Contract states that an eel will be supplied as Government Furnished Equipment and must be modified to meet the performance characteristics of a snake as laid out in the aforementioned ambiguous contract. 6 years late and 3 billion pounds over budget, the project is scrapped and a COTS snake is bought from the USA for billion.

16.Adjutant General:
Determines that the snake is not black, female, homosexual or disabled. Loses interest.

17. Ministry of Defence:
Initially denies knowledge of snake, but subsequently admits that snake was acquired on advice of intelligence services and secret legal advice. Announces inquiry which will lead to prosecution of service personnel who handled snake, whilst exonerating government ministers.

Bull snakes are dark, and big.

These look like garter or rat snakes...both good kinds.

yeah I have seen a bull snake, they are also not just one color.
Plus they could be young bull snakes.

So....their baby stripes turn in to spots as they get older, AND they totally change color? n:eusa_whistle: That's totally amazing!

I've never heard of a snake who was born with stripes, which completely changed to spots when they got older, and I've had a lot of snakes...

Google is your friend.

So....their baby stripes turn in to spots as they get older, AND they totally change color? n:eusa_whistle: That's totally amazing!

I've never heard of a snake who was born with stripes, which completely changed to spots when they got older, and I've had a lot of snakes...

Google is your friend.

yeah and all snakes look the same in every area.
and I saw spots in one of the pictures, fucking sue me.
I just made a suggested and I could have been wrong. YOu can keep arguing about it though since you are the all knowing snake lady.:eusa_eh:

Google is your friend.

yeah and all snakes look the same in every area.
and I saw spots in one of the pictures, fucking sue me.
I just made a suggested and I could have been wrong. YOu can keep arguing about it though since you are the all knowing snake lady.:eusa_eh:

:lol:

Did hubby scream like a little girl when he saw them?

My ex always did. He was completely freaked out I could tell the difference between a rattler and other snakes, and would pick them up. I mean, I didn't wallow them on me, but I could pick them up and move them...

Forum List

Back