May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
Snakebite victim's family sues
BLAMES HOSPITAL, NURSE AND DOCTOR
By Bill Estep
[email protected]
http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/story/224771.html

LONDON --
As a woman bitten by a rattlesnake during a church service in London struggled to breathe, hospital employees made derogatory comments about her religious beliefs rather than providing proper care, contributing to her death, a lawsuit charges.

I have been to one of these services. I would suggest that the plaintiffs look into why God "turned against" them. They have surely committed an egregious sin worthy of punishment and misery. This kind of activity is no different than the use of alcohol or tobacco in the shadow of the temple. I do believe that there is an innate human capacity that is able to overcome all things. One must first do the homework, practice the regimens of mind training and keep a bottle of anti venom in a cooler nearby. I suppose now that the family will be unchurched for a while because they are now in conflict with God's will by testing God in court for having an unwanted outcome.

Literalism and ignorance are powerless capacities when testing God.

I AM

I have been to one of these services. I would suggest that the plaintiffs look into why God "turned against" them. They have surely committed an egregious sin worthy of punishment and misery. This kind of activity is no different than the use of alcohol or tobacco in the shadow of the temple. I do believe that there is an innate human capacity that is able to overcome all things. One must first do the homework, practice the regimens of mind training and keep a bottle of anti venom in a cooler nearby. I suppose now that the family will be unchurched for a while because they are now in conflict with God's will by testing God in court for having an unwanted outcome.

Literalism and ignorance are powerless capacities when testing God.

I AM

I’m certainly not a Biblical scholar and I do understand that there is a small place in the Bible that says that people will pick up names. Still, I doubt that God really intended for people to worship him by dancing with snakes. Perhaps the snake handlers should have heeded these passages.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Luke 4:12

You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested Him at Massah. Deuteronomy 6:16

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Matthew 5:44-45

ahh yes.. pentecostals.

I was raised in this denomination.

snake handlers are to them what polygamists are to mormons.

snakebite41.jpg

The old snake handling totally overlooks that command to not test God.

Not unlike when the devil tempted Jesus during His 40 days in the desert to fling himself off the great temple roof and expect God's angels to catch Him from falling to His death. Jesus rebuked the devil, and told him that it was a sin to test God in this way.

Tests of faith are not by doing foolish and fool-hard stunts, but by testing God in His promises to uphold and a support you when you obey and Trust Him in fullfilling His will.

Even God was not pleased with Gideons little game with the piece of lambs fleece. God wanted Gideon to lead an army against the Phillistines, but Guideon wanted proof that God was capable and with him. So he puts out a piece of fleece on the ground and asks God to put dew on it on a dry night. The next morning it had dew on it, yet the ground was dry. The following night, Guideon again tested God, but asking that the Fleece stay dry, and the surrounding ground be damp. God complied again.

Gideon was a great used man of God, but he had a great weakness of only wanting to believe with his eyes, and not with an internalized faith accepting his knowledge of God's past history of always providing the needs of His obedient and "called" people.

Thomas the disciple was likewise scolded by Jesus, when He refused to accept Jesus' ressurrection from his fellow disciple's accounts, without seeing the scars on on Jesus' hands feet and side with his eyes. Jesus had many times told Thomas as well as the others that He would be handed over to the Romans, crucified, and would be lifted up on the third day. Somehow this went right over Thomas's head. "Doubting Thomas" is appropriate.

Jesus, revealed Himself to Thomas and allowed Thomas to actually feel and see the scars, but then rebuked Thomas by say, "You have seen and believed, but blessed are those who believe and have not seen.". Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.". Faith is accepting God at His Word without the need for a myriad of miracles.

In fact back in Jesus' day, the folks who saw the Lepers healed, the water turned into wine, and so many other incredible miracles, in most cases just asked for more, and never would accept that Jesus was divine.

Even nowadays, the world is filled with skeptics. Doubt is considered the ultimate in intellectual prowess, yet doubt is a true sign of "double mindedness" in many cases, not all.

Doubt has it's place, as we can often be lead astray, if we don't research and test things before taking the plunge. Yet doubt is taken to such heights, that it is place on a pedestal with skepticism, as the epitome of intelligence. Philosophy and doubt are often bed-partners of endless speculation.

Somethings just plain, make sense, and to the over-brained intellectual, this can trully be a stumbling block. Simplicity seems like an Anathema.

Good, peace, joy, can't possibly be conceptualized in simple terms, but must be conceptualized in the most intricate traverses of mind logic, and gymnastics that we end up doubting the existence of existence itself. :)

I’m certainly not a Biblical scholar and I do understand that there is a small place in the Bible that says that people will pick up names. Still, I doubt that God really intended for people to worship him by dancing with snakes. Perhaps the snake handlers should have heeded these passages.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Luke 4:12

You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested Him at Massah. Deuteronomy 6:16

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Matthew 5:44-45

My sentiments exactly.

hehehe..

snakebite the monster truck.

I crack myself up.

Forum List

Back