Snacks . . . How often do you eat them?

And what's your favorite? I try to limit my snack intake to one good snack per week. Like a box of cookies or some homemade treat. This week it is going to be chocolate cream pie. Yum! I can't really say I have a favorite snack. Like most things, I like a lot of different snacks. :D

If I have something like that it's my dinner, not a snack. :) Batch before last of cookies I had some for myself which was dinner, lunch, and dinner again. :) I figure food's food, it's just atoms. The 2 handfulls of vitamins and supplements give me the things I need, all that's left is calories and fat. :)

Delta! Snacks are supposed to be a treat, not a meal!!! :D

Calories, fat, sugars, carbs are the same one food to the next. It's just chemistry and atoms being ingested. Too much of one thing, not enough of the other or imbalance, is all it is. Am 44 and in perfect health, have all my hair and no issues and eat what would kill lesser men. :)

I don't know. I've always tried to make sure I had a starch, a protein and a veggie at supper time anyway. I find that I feel better when I eat better foods. Vitamins are okay, but there is new info out that your body just can't absorb them as well as it can through food.

Mom taught me that growing up as well and she's always sick. Keeps her house so clean you could probably eat off the toilet rim. :) My theory is it's too clean. Without some germs and bacterial gunk for the body to accustom itself to, the introduction of such attacks her body at full strength since she lacks the antibodies or whatever a person regularly exposed to them would have. Like doctors and nruses in hospitals. Conventional wisdom says being around sickness all the time should make you very sick indeed, yet they don't get sick. Precisely because they're always around it.

And with food, how many who eat well are miserable, angry, and sick all the time? Shouldn't they be healthy because they eat healthy? It's not what we eat that determines our health but our frame of mind. I understand food is just atoms and chemistry and it's about balancing all the stuff like cals and fat and whatnot. Keep that in balance and you can eat anything. Take a multivitamin and whatever other things you decide you need and you'll be fine.

Too much sugar can make you aggressive too! :D You get a sugar rush so to speak.

Lol! That reminds of a guy, a few years ago, who tried to use that as a defense for running some people over. That he had a sugar or a caffeine rush from some energy drink or something like that. :lol: Imagine!! I don't know how that case worked out.

If I have something like that it's my dinner, not a snack. :) Batch before last of cookies I had some for myself which was dinner, lunch, and dinner again. :) I figure food's food, it's just atoms. The 2 handfulls of vitamins and supplements give me the things I need, all that's left is calories and fat. :)

Calories, fat, sugars, carbs are the same one food to the next. It's just chemistry and atoms being ingested. Too much of one thing, not enough of the other or imbalance, is all it is. Am 44 and in perfect health, have all my hair and no issues and eat what would kill lesser men. :)

I don't know. I've always tried to make sure I had a starch, a protein and a veggie at supper time anyway. I find that I feel better when I eat better foods. Vitamins are okay, but there is new info out that your body just can't absorb them as well as it can through food.

Mom taught me that growing up as well and she's always sick. Keeps her house so clean you could probably eat off the toilet rim. :) My theory is it's too clean. Without some germs and bacterial gunk for the body to accustom itself to, the introduction of such attacks her body at full strength since she lacks the antibodies or whatever a person regularly exposed to them would have. Like doctors and nruses in hospitals. Conventional wisdom says being around sickness all the time should make you very sick indeed, yet they don't get sick. Precisely because they're always around it.

And with food, how many who eat well are miserable, angry, and sick all the time? Shouldn't they be healthy because they eat healthy? It's not what we eat that determines our health but our frame of mind. I understand food is just atoms and chemistry and it's about balancing all the stuff like cals and fat and whatnot. Keep that in balance and you can eat anything. Take a multivitamin and whatever other things you decide you need and you'll be fine.

I'm hardly never sick or miserable or angry! :D Maybe if you are overeating you would be sick and miserable and angry. There are plenty of people like that, I think.

Overeating's the result of some important things: most relevant is modern food is specially formulated to stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain exactly as narcotics like heroin do. Hit the magic mix of sugar, salt, and fat and junk food does to the brain what heroin does. And the result's you literally become addicted to it. Two, food people overeat is overly convenient. If you have to prepare meals like in times past, because it takes longer those urges and munchies don't result in eating like if you only have to open a bag or box. If you have to cook or otherwise spend time preparing everything, you opt not to and just ignore the cravings instead. Thirds, eating has become a recreational activity all its own.As with other forms of recreation, people do it to feel good but having nothing to do with replenishing energy for the body. It's recreational not sustenance.

I'm hardly never sick or miserable or angry! :D Maybe if you are overeating you would be sick and miserable and angry. There are plenty of people like that, I think.

Overeating's the result of some important things: most relevant is modern food is specially formulated to stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain exactly as narcotics like heroin do. Hit the magic mix of sugar, salt, and fat and junk food does to the brain what heroin does. And the result's you literally become addicted to it. Two, food people overeat is overly convenient. If you have to prepare meals like in times past, because it takes longer those urges and munchies don't result in eating like if you only have to open a bag or box. If you have to cook or otherwise spend time preparing everything, you opt not to and just ignore the cravings instead. Thirds, eating has become a recreational activity all its own.As with other forms of recreation, people do it to feel good but having nothing to do with replenishing energy for the body. It's recreational not sustenance.

That's kind of like what I do. I rely a lot more on home cooked food, so I will forego the cravings a lot of the times. I do have my snack every week though. If I run out of it before a week (which I usually do - lol), then that is it for me. I also try to eat healthy snacks too sometimes, like fruit salad with honey for sweetening, etc. :)

And what's your favorite? I try to limit my snack intake to one good snack per week. Like a box of cookies or some homemade treat. This week it is going to be chocolate cream pie. Yum! I can't really say I have a favorite snack. Like most things, I like a lot of different snacks. :D

I'm in Public Safety - So I eat snacks a lot ; and for some reason, at times.......I get a tremendous salt craving ; or I get a sudden and acute action of being desperately hungry and starved.

1) Potato chips....the regular ones. Pringles are my favorite, although I eat other brands - Mr.Bee

2) Popcorn. The ultimate low calorie snack. My favorite while on the couch of a night, with a good spy/action/thriller/suspense movie........and a bottle of beer.

3) Granola and fruit bars. Inexpensive where I am from.

Shadow 355

That's kind of like what I do. I rely a lot more on home cooked food, so I will forego the cravings a lot of the times. I do have my snack every week though. If I run out of it before a week (which I usually do - lol), then that is it for me. I also try to eat healthy snacks too sometimes, like fruit salad with honey for sweetening, etc. :)

Am a candy junky. When candy cravings strike, if I don't have any (usually the case since it never lasts very long hehe) I find a spoonful of maple syrup works to knock down the craving. Or more typically I just make french toast with the syrup rather than have the syrup only. :) Bread I use is a double-fiber whole wheat kind so does a good job of making me feel full plus giving me the sugar I'm jonesin for.

Failing all else, there's a convenience store about 200 meters away. Wouldn't be the first time in 16 years I legged it at 3 or 4am for donuts and milk or some candy. :)

Re-reading this no that's not drug code. It's uncoded and literal. :)

^^^ No. More for you there too. :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Okay, thanks Holly! Lol! :) I love cream cheese swirled brownies, but too many and I'll get a belly ache.
You are so welcome! I'll admit that even though I have tried plenty of things in my life, I am more of a picky eater over one who will dive into just anything, so I am sure that there are plenty of things out there that there will be more of for you and everyone else. :) :) :)

Holly

^^^ No. More for you there too. :) :)

Holly
Okay, thanks Holly! Lol! :) I love cream cheese swirled brownies, but too many and I'll get a belly ache.
You are so welcome! I'll admit that even though I have tried plenty of things in my life, I am more of a picky eater over one who will dive into just anything, so I am sure that there are plenty of things out there that there will be more of for you and everyone else. :) :) :)

Holly

I can be picky about certain things too. I don't like nuts or coconut in my chocolate for example. If there are brownies with nuts in them, I will pass.

^^^ If the brownies are chocolate, I will still eat them, but I do prefer that there not be anything in them.

Holly

I don't remember answering this, if I did oh well...

I'm not a big snacker, but, if I have something in the house I like that I know is horrible for me, I'll eat the entire thing - so I try not to go shopping when I'm hungry or I'll start buying dreadful things like doughnuts and Cheetos.

I don't like healthy snacks, unless it involves cheese..... !

I don't remember answering this, if I did oh well...

I'm not a big snacker, but, if I have something in the house I like that I know is horrible for me, I'll eat the entire thing - so I try not to go shopping when I'm hungry or I'll start buying dreadful things like doughnuts and Cheetos.

I don't like healthy snacks, unless it involves cheese..... !

It ain't easy being cheesy!!! :lol:

Really, I was wondering how OFTEN people snacked. I buy one snack a week for myself usually. If I run out of my snack, then I'm shit out of luck until next week! :D

Forum List

Back