Smollett's "Empire" Role Slashed In Wake Of Scandal...

I don't doubt that he faked it.

But I am 100% against what the police are doing (and often do in high profile cases) - they hold a press conference and tell the world how guilty the accused is...before he/she has even had his/her day in court.

Jussie Smollett staged Chicago 'hate crime' seeking higher pay: police | Reuters

Hey, you egomaniacs, it is INNOCENT until proven guilty. And YOU do NOT decide that.

Just do your job, collect the evidence, pass it on to the DA and SHUT UP about the case. And keep your fucking opinions to yourselves.

How the 'f' is the accused going to get a fair trial (if it goes to a jury) if you MASSIVELY taint the masses objectivity with your 'opinions'?

in principle I would agree, but this guy slandered our entire city with what he did. I have no problem publicly shaming him.

And it's not like this fool will ever see a jury. He'll either cop a plea or try to claim to be insane.

I hear you - but I was more referring to the practice in general than this particular case.

It is a VERY, nasty habit police forces have gotten into over the last few decades...and I think it needs to stop.

Plus I am a HUGE believer in innocent until proven guilty AND I have heard of the nightmare innocent people have gone through when the police publicly convicted a person...only to have a jury/judge say they are innocent. But many in the public continue to treat this innocent person as guilty because all they heard was the police hype and that is what they believe is true.
I think because of the huge notoriety his claims received and the affect it had on the reputation of Chicago, they needed to respond in kind

Nothing to see here

Sorry, but it is not the job of the police to publicly state people's guilt or innocence...as they see it. Not at all.

All they needed to say was that he was charged and what with and that would have been sufficient.

And if it turns out this guy is innocent (which seems unlikely - but it is possible), there will still be tons of people who do not believe it simply because the police said he was guilty.

I don't give a shit about calming the public. Number one priority should ALWAYS BE innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:
Black guy tells a lie, all the world is in a uproar....Trump who lies every second of a minute, its just another day

Jussie Smollett's 'Empire' Role Slashed in Wake Of 'Attack' Scandal

Jussie Smollett's "Empire" screen time is getting slashed in the wake of a growing sentiment that he staged the so-called "attack."

Production sources tell TMZ ... Jussie was supposed to have 9 scenes and a big musical number in the second to the last episode -- which is being shot now -- but, 5 of his scenes have been cut, and his musical number has been 86'd.

As for the remaining 4 scenes ... we're told he's no longer the focus. The scene features an ensemble, meaning he's flanked by a number of cast members.

With his duties pared down, Jussie will be spending way less time on set. Instead of working every day this week, we're told Jussie's working Friday and possibly Thursday, and he won't be rehearsing.

Less work for Jussie means more work for writers, who are busy making edits. In the past 24 hours, we're told the script has undergone multiple revisions.

We broke the story ... Jussie's case is heading to a Grand Jury as early as Tuesday. Our law enforcement sources say the focus is presenting evidence that could lead to a felony indictment against Jussie for allegedly filing a false police report.

Well, that didn't take long. I assume they're trying to write him out a little slower than ABC did with Roseanne. Having a character there one episode and dead the next is just silly.

They could write a scene where two guys beat him up for being black and gay and put a noose around his neck
A person who has been screwed with by people I would have no issue with. If the police screwed with him in his life or the MAGA people screwed with him. If he was pizzed because of the crap he took in is life I would understand some of it. But for keeping his nae relative or making more money he needs to do some time. If he grew up in the "hood" you better believe they screwed with him for being gay. That is why I laugh whenever I see black guys on Tv in situations with little males dressed as girls or men dressed as women like I saw with Strahan on his TV show and the TNT basketball crew.

But I am 100% against what the police are doing (and often do in high profile cases) - they hold a press conference and tell the world how guilty the accused is...before he/she has even had his/her day in court.

Jussie Smollett staged Chicago 'hate crime' seeking higher pay: police | Reuters

Hey, you egomaniacs, it is INNOCENT until proven guilty. And YOU do NOT decide that.

Just do your job, collect the evidence, pass it on to the DA and SHUT UP about the case. And keep your fucking opinions to yourselves.

How the 'f' is the accused going to get a fair trial (if it goes to a jury) if you MASSIVELY taint the masses objectivity with your 'opinions'?

in principle I would agree, but this guy slandered our entire city with what he did. I have no problem publicly shaming him.

And it's not like this fool will ever see a jury. He'll either cop a plea or try to claim to be insane.

I hear you - but I was more referring to the practice in general than this particular case.

It is a VERY, nasty habit police forces have gotten into over the last few decades...and I think it needs to stop.

Plus I am a HUGE believer in innocent until proven guilty AND I have heard of the nightmare innocent people have gone through when the police publicly convicted a person...only to have a jury/judge say they are innocent. But many in the public continue to treat this innocent person as guilty because all they heard was the police hype and that is what they believe is true.
I think because of the huge notoriety his claims received and the affect it had on the reputation of Chicago, they needed to respond in kind

Nothing to see here

Sorry, but it is not the job of the police to publicly state people's guilt or innocence...as they see it. Not at all.

All they needed to say was that he was charged and what with and that would have been sufficient.

And if it turns out this guy is innocent (which seems unlikely - but it is possible), there will still be tons of people who do not believe it simply because the police said he was guilty.

I don't give a shit about calming the public. Number one priority should ALWAYS BE innocent until proven guilty.
They do it every time they arrest someone

They didn’t state his guilt. They provided the overwhelming evidence against him and the obvious conclusion

Smollett forced their hand.

Nothing to see here

They didn’t state his guilt. They provided the overwhelming evidence against him and the obvious conclusion

Of course they did, they said EXACTLY that.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson:

'EDDIE JOHNSON: This announcement today recognizes that "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career. I'm left hanging my head and asking, why? Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations?'

'JOHNSON: Absolute justice would be an apology to this city that he (Smollett) smeared, admitting what he did and then be man enough to offer what he should offer up in terms of all the resources that were put into this.'

Jussie Smollett 'Took Advantage Of The Pain And Anger Of Racism,' Police Say

Chicago police chief angry over alleged Smollett hoax

Are you saying that the police officer there did NOT say that Smollett is guilty?

Of course he did.

The police are not supposed to do that.

It's bloody hard for a defendant to get due process when the police are publicly stating he is guilty before the case even goes before a judge.

Smollette has some serious anxiety issues to pull off something like this. I kind of feel sorry for him and give him credit for not slandering a specific person, unlike the Covington student fiasco.

But still, I think he is going to get some hard time for making so many talking heads look like the idiots they truly are.

The crime was non-violent. He gets probation for something like this.
I think he should get some time behind bars personally but it’s more likely he gets probation.

Nothing to see here

'EDDIE JOHNSON: This announcement today recognizes that "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career. I'm left hanging my head and asking, why? Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations?'

'JOHNSON: Absolute justice would be an apology to this city that he (Smollett) smeared, admitting what he did and then be man enough to offer what he should offer up in terms of all the resources that were put into this.'

Are you saying that the police officer there did NOT say that Smollett is guilty?

Of course he did.

It's bloody hard for a defendant to get due process when the police are publicly stating he is guilty before the case even goes before a judge.
Police do not arrest people they do not presume to be guilty

Jussie's role just canceled from the last two episodes. just reported. yes!! fk him. candycorn you aren't worth a response. if you can't figure it out on your own, me explaining it to you would do absolutely no good. you're just too stupid to get it.

pointing at the red MAGA hat and saying those 63 million would lynch you blacks, is just so violent. any attack on a red hat is now on him. yeah, that violence bitch!

since when was it necessary for a crime to be violent to be a crime? are you sluts from the left really that fking stupid?

If he is found guilty, the two brothers involved must be also. I can't believe the cops set them free, they should of called Smollett in and got to the bottom of it. They admitted it was a set up, or stated it was, if they were involved they should be found guilty.

They're going to voluntarily testify, and from what I've read they haven't asked for any immunity, though that could happen further down the line. I don't think the police have much of an ax to grind with these two. They're probably grateful for anything that will help them end this charade as quick as possible.

Unless they get a confession or he paid them with a check, its a they said or he said deal. So no nothing.
Well, they were paid with a check, Penelope.
Just how stupid was that, huh?

If he is found guilty, the two brothers involved must be also. I can't believe the cops set them free, they should of called Smollett in and got to the bottom of it. They admitted it was a set up, or stated it was, if they were involved they should be found guilty.

They're going to voluntarily testify, and from what I've read they haven't asked for any immunity, though that could happen further down the line. I don't think the police have much of an ax to grind with these two. They're probably grateful for anything that will help them end this charade as quick as possible.

Unless they get a confession or he paid them with a check, its a they said or he said deal. So no nothing.
Well, they were paid with a check, Penelope.
Just how stupid was that, huh?
stupid criminal video 101.

Charles Barkley stated so last night

Nothing to see here

Of course he did.

That is nothing to do with the above. Besides, police are known to arrest the wrong person from time to time.

You said: 'They didn’t state his guilt.'

And I proved above that they did exactly that.

And I will say again, the police should never go around telling the public that the people they arrested are guilty before he/she has even had their day in court.

Or do you disagree with that?

I feel bad for his friends, family, and coworkers who defended him. Of course they had to, even if deep down they thought something was fishy. The last thing you want to believe is that somebody you love would do something so bizarre and fucked up.
Yeah, it is just an ugly situation all the way around.

Too bad. He seems like an intelligent dude otherwise.

Maybe he has some big debts or sumpin? I dont know.

I cant imagine what would drive me to do something like this. It would have to be truly horrible.

What are you smoking? An "intelligent dude"??? Really? How intelligent is this guy when he tries to pull off an anti-Trump, race hoax in the middle of a polar vortex late at night in the middle of a full on Liberal city? This is as dumb as it gets before before being diagnosed with special needs. Smollett is a piece of garbage and incredibly stupid. There is not one redeeming quality about the guy right now.
Yup, what are the odds of a couple of MAGA thugs out in the middle of the night with -20 degrees with bleach/gas and a rope with a noose on it waiting for a poor Black
democrat anti Trump activist to wonder around?
This guy should have talked to a 6 year old to stage a better scene than what he concocted. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

Nothing to see here

Of course he did.

That is nothing to do with the above. Besides, police are known to arrest the wrong person from time to time.

And I will say again, the police should never go around telling the public that the people they arrested are guilty before he/she has even had their day in court.

they merely presented the evidence. if you feel he was guilty based on that reading that is on you. feel free to explain how they falsified the two 3500 checks and the video of the two men he pointed to as doing it buying the material included in his statement. please i'm interested in someone like you so stupid you believe the obvious isn't obvious

So we could do what the British do, where they say any suspect is "Assisting police in their inquiries" and no further public statements.

The thing is, over the next couple of weeks, we are going to hear Jussie's sob stories about how he was mistreated for being gay growing up to engender sympathy for him. Probably an apology tour. Stuff poor defendants won't be able to afford.

Nothing to see here

Of course he did.

We kind of live everyday where someone who is a Trump voter is accused of vicious things and are stated as guilty by the shills.

Jussie Smollett's 'Empire' Role Slashed in Wake Of 'Attack' Scandal

Jussie Smollett's "Empire" screen time is getting slashed in the wake of a growing sentiment that he staged the so-called "attack."

Production sources tell TMZ ... Jussie was supposed to have 9 scenes and a big musical number in the second to the last episode -- which is being shot now -- but, 5 of his scenes have been cut, and his musical number has been 86'd.

As for the remaining 4 scenes ... we're told he's no longer the focus. The scene features an ensemble, meaning he's flanked by a number of cast members.

With his duties pared down, Jussie will be spending way less time on set. Instead of working every day this week, we're told Jussie's working Friday and possibly Thursday, and he won't be rehearsing.

Less work for Jussie means more work for writers, who are busy making edits. In the past 24 hours, we're told the script has undergone multiple revisions.

We broke the story ... Jussie's case is heading to a Grand Jury as early as Tuesday. Our law enforcement sources say the focus is presenting evidence that could lead to a felony indictment against Jussie for allegedly filing a false police report.

Well, that didn't take long. I assume they're trying to write him out a little slower than ABC did with Roseanne. Having a character there one episode and dead the next is just silly.
He said that Molly made him do that.

As The Blast reports, according to the documents filed for the actor’s bond hearing, prosecutors believe that he used to purchase MDMA, the drug more commonly known as Molly,
Jussie Smollett May Have A ‘Character Problem’ Not A Mental Health Issue, Says Dr. Drew

So we could do what the British do, where they say any suspect is "Assisting police in their inquiries" and no further public statements.

The thing is, over the next couple of weeks, we are going to hear Jussie's sob stories about how he was mistreated for being gay growing up to engender sympathy for him. Probably an apology tour. Stuff poor defendants won't be able to afford.

I think the defendants rights should always be the first priority.

No matter what.

The police should just state the facts...they have charged/arrested a guy/gal for whatever the charge(s) are.

I see absolutely no reason to do otherwise.

And I simply refuse to condemn someone through the media.

Until this guy gets his day in court...he is innocent to me.

Forum List

Back