Smollett's "Empire" Role Slashed In Wake Of Scandal...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Jussie Smollett's 'Empire' Role Slashed in Wake Of 'Attack' Scandal

Jussie Smollett's "Empire" screen time is getting slashed in the wake of a growing sentiment that he staged the so-called "attack."

Production sources tell TMZ ... Jussie was supposed to have 9 scenes and a big musical number in the second to the last episode -- which is being shot now -- but, 5 of his scenes have been cut, and his musical number has been 86'd.

As for the remaining 4 scenes ... we're told he's no longer the focus. The scene features an ensemble, meaning he's flanked by a number of cast members.

With his duties pared down, Jussie will be spending way less time on set. Instead of working every day this week, we're told Jussie's working Friday and possibly Thursday, and he won't be rehearsing.

Less work for Jussie means more work for writers, who are busy making edits. In the past 24 hours, we're told the script has undergone multiple revisions.

We broke the story ... Jussie's case is heading to a Grand Jury as early as Tuesday. Our law enforcement sources say the focus is presenting evidence that could lead to a felony indictment against Jussie for allegedly filing a false police report.

Well, that didn't take long. I assume they're trying to write him out a little slower than ABC did with Roseanne. Having a character there one episode and dead the next is just silly.

Smollette has some serious anxiety issues to pull off something like this. I kind of feel sorry for him and give him credit for not slandering a specific person, unlike the Covington student fiasco.

But still, I think he is going to get some hard time for making so many talking heads look like the idiots they truly are.

If he is found guilty, the two brothers involved must be also. I can't believe the cops set them free, they should of called Smollett in and got to the bottom of it. They admitted it was a set up, or stated it was, if they were involved they should be found guilty.

Smollette has some serious anxiety issues to pull off something like this. I kind of feel sorry for him and give him credit for not slandering a specific person, unlike the Covington student fiasco.

But still, I think he is going to get some hard time for making so many talking heads look like the idiots they truly are.

I feel bad for his friends, family, and coworkers who defended him. Of course they had to, even if deep down they thought something was fishy. The last thing you want to believe is that somebody you love would do something so bizarre and fucked up.

I feel bad for his friends, family, and coworkers who defended him. Of course they had to, even if deep down they thought something was fishy. The last thing you want to believe is that somebody you love would do something so bizarre and fucked up.
Yeah, it is just an ugly situation all the way around.

Too bad. He seems like an intelligent dude otherwise.

Maybe he has some big debts or sumpin? I dont know.

I cant imagine what would drive me to do something like this. It would have to be truly horrible.

If he is found guilty, the two brothers involved must be also. I can't believe the cops set them free, they should of called Smollett in and got to the bottom of it. They admitted it was a set up, or stated it was, if they were involved they should be found guilty.

They're going to voluntarily testify, and from what I've read they haven't asked for any immunity, though that could happen further down the line. I don't think the police have much of an ax to grind with these two. They're probably grateful for anything that will help them end this charade as quick as possible.

I'm sure you both feel so bad for him, why not feel bad for the brothers who were involved in the attack or guilty of attacking him.

Did the brothers even technically commit a crime? All they did was took some guy's money to throw a rope around his neck, and punch him a couple times.

They're going to voluntarily testify, and from what I've read they haven't asked for any immunity, though that could happen further down the line. I don't think the police have much of an ax to grind with these two. They're probably grateful for anything that will help them end this charade as quick as possible.

Unless they get a confession or he paid them with a check, its a they said or he said deal. So no nothing.

I'm sure you both feel so bad for him, why not feel bad for the brothers who were involved in the attack or guilty of attacking him.

Guilty of attacking him? If I pay you to punch me in the face I doubt the police are going to arrest you for it.

Unless they get a confession or he paid them with a check, its a they said or he said deal. So no nothing.

There are other ways to obtain the information they need. Smollett refused to give up his phone, but they confiscated these brother's phones with a warrant.

Who filed the false report?

If their lawyer has half a brain she'll ask that these brothers get immunity before testifying. They'll get it in a second. They're small fish.

If their lawyer has half a brain she'll ask that these brothers get immunity before testifying. They'll get it in a second. They're small fish.

Frankly, so is Smolett. Never heard of him till the media ran with the fishy tale.

Well, that didn't take long. I assume they're trying to write him out a little slower than ABC did with Roseanne. Having a character there one episode and dead the next is just silly.

Yes, because people never suddenly die.

The problem is that they already have a few episodes in the can and completely refilming them is impractical. I suspect that if he's convicted or arrested, they'll write his character out a lot faster.

Hey, maybe they should have his character killed by gay-bashers...that would be ironic.

Evidently the police found magazines with pages missing in the brother's possesion and are trying to link that to the fake hate letter sent to the studio.

If they had a hand in that the FBI might have a say in the matter

There are other ways to obtain the information they need. Smollett refused to give up his phone, but they confiscated these brother's phones with a warrant.

Supply a link for this info of the brothers that gave their phones up.

Perhaps all three were in on the scam. And perhaps if there is a check he paid the one brother for body building at the gym. You have no idea what happened and we might never know.

Why would they get immunity, they were part of the scam if there was one.

Frankly, so is Smolett. Never heard of him till the media ran with the fishy tale.

I had never heard of him either, but I guess it's a popular show. Regardless, because of the media attention it received, and the man hours investigating it, Smollett made a lot of people look like fools. Not to mention the gay and black community will want his head.

Forum List

Back