Smokin'll kill ya?

MrJim

Nov 10, 2008
I've smoked steady since I was 14 years old, and currently smoke two packs a day. At 78 years old in two months, I wonder who thought up that theory?
And second hand smoke? Why ain't my cat dead?

Well that blows that theory all to shit don't it? My wife's grandfather smoked his whole life and lived to be 93. My uncle still smokes and is approaching 80.

Go figure.

I've smoked steady since I was 14 years old, and currently smoke two packs a day. At 78 years old in two months, I wonder who thought up that theory?
And second hand smoke? Why ain't my cat dead?

I figure, like anything else, it depends on whether you're predisposed to getting the illness. My paternal grandfather smoked and died of lung cancer at 72.

And one of my best girlfriends got a lymphoma of the lung before she was 40 and hadn't smoked in at least 10 years.

Me? I quit.... and I miss it. But if I live to 80 I'm going to figure heck with it and go out and start smoking again. :)

My dear beloved granny smoked until the day she died at the ripe old age of 85.

Then again, my dad was a life long smoker and died of a heart attack in his sleep at the young age of 61. :(

my father died at 54 of lung cancer...i have a 50% chance of having the gene that allows it to flip on...chromosone 6...i do believe....its called....

i quit smoking a few weeks ago....i miss it...but it is a hell of a hard way to die..knowning you are gonna slowly suffocate.,,

My grandfather died of a heart attack at 72... Though he smoked less after the stroke. :(

I wish I hadn't picked it up, but I'm planning to leave it by Christmas.

At $7.49 a pack how can you afford to smoke?

i work at a brew thur...i get smokes for 2 bucks a pack....i quit cause i got tired of worrying about cancer.

in all fairness, my father was in a war zone with agent orange and all that mess...we will never know how much of his condition was caused by that.

It's a vile addiction, folks.

Even if it isn't a threat to your life, it still stinks.

Have you seen the gross commercial by "White Lies" with the tube of crap that comes out of a smokers lung? :eek:

If I hadn't quit years ago, I would just by seeing that!

At $7.49 a pack how can you afford to smoke?

I pay $1.30. But as far as it killing you, I think genetics is what kills you. My brother is 82 and going strong, and he just stopped smoking a couple of years ago.
Its like the cops blaming every accident they can on alchohol, regardless of the reason.

Last edited:
I pay $1.30. But as far as it killing you, I think genetics is what kills you. My brother is 82 and going strong, and he just stopped smoking a couple of years ago.
Its like the cops blaming every accident they can on alchohol, regardless of the reason.

$1.30...tops or bugler?

Or the people who say guns are the reason people are murdered, not the people who are using the guns to murder people!

Attachments

• $SWISHER.jpg
    $SWISHER.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 67
When I tally up all the money (and taxes, too) I have spent on smokes in my lifetime?

What an enormous amount of dough wasted.

And that's not counting what that amount would have been had I saved it or invested it, either.

I could pay off my mortgage, folks.

So putting all health considerations aside, it's a dumb thing to get addicted to.

I snort cocaine, freebase and drop acid every time I guzzle a 40 of JD, drive 100 mph in residential areas when I'm stoned and drunk, wear KKK uniforms and wander into the black areas of town, BASE jump off 15 story buildings, tell Hell's Angels they're all gay whenever I get the chance, stiff the mob on loan payments, and all sorts of other fun things.

Yet, I'm still alive today. How can all that be bad?

Forum List

Back