Smoking pot for ADHD teens?!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Apr 20, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    In my humble opinion,this is ridiculous. I believe most kids don't really even suffer from ADD,ADHD,and are misdiagnosed. Some people really have it,I know,I work with a couple adults with it and believe me-they don't need pot! Why would you take a kid that can't pay attention,and give him pot?!!!!! I have a 15 year old younger brother who took Ritlin for years,and my mom finally decided he did not need it anymore and now is seriously wondering if he ever did. The doctor wanted her to leave him on it and she said no thankfully. He is fine and doesn't appear to have any problems.

I don't understand these people that think pot is the answer for everything. Why is pot so healthy,but cigs are soo bad? Doesn't make sense to me. I mean.some pregnant women smoke it-claim their babies are clamer-whatever. My son was a great baby and guess what? No pot. This is so stupid.. Not to mention,giving a teen pot and then wondering if they are going to drive-forget it!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117541,00.html

2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Not to change the subject but does anybody know someone who has terrets syndrome? I know its mean and they have a disorder but they crack me up when they get on a tear.

3. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have a hangnail. Shouldn't I be allowed to get an Rx for pot too? Or wait, what about my splitends? Oh, I know! My contacts make my eyes dry, but the smoke from the pot will make them water and rehydrate them! CRIPE!

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I smoked pot as a teen; It helped me learn to focus on finding the easy way out in life. It also helped me learn to focus on having fun and watching weird movies and thinking about, like, weird concepts and shit.

:D

Partay!

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    My sister in law has Turrets(?). She doesn't have it severe though. She doesn't cuss and not know it. She takes medicine for it though,but it doesn't affect her life too much. I have seen people with it bad though,gosh that would be embarrassing!

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I think OCA may HAVE turrets. He's just looking for a friend.

7. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Saw a documentary once on it, laughed my hind end off! This guy would be at a check out counter or something as sweet as pie, in the space of 1 second he would just blurt out "your mother is a f*****g whore" or something similar. Funny as hell!

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I believe it's 'tourettes'.

9. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hey clumzgirl!! Ive been looking around for ya-I guess we haven't been on at the same time.

What you say is no lie! Some people are that bad about it! I just don't get being that obessed with it. I don't want to get pounded by anyone that might smoke it on a regular basis-it's their life,but to give it too kids-NOWWAY! I was never a pot smoker,but I may even be open to someone in a horrible amount of pain that is going to die soon smoking it,I guess. I mean if it really eases the pain. People say it does so much,but to me people just look stupid when they smoke it,or maybe tired. I am allready a skeptic of this ADD stuff,I think it is overdiagnosed but I know this looney toon won't get away wth giving to these kids anyway-I hope! Please don't tear into me all u regular pot smokers-I just know what Ive seen of it when I was a teen.

10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Sorry,I had no clue how to spell it!:p: