Smoking nail polish?

BridgeFireman

Rookie
Mar 7, 2016
I found this on wikipedia, on the page: Intoxicative inhalant, at the side.
Common household products such as nail polish contain solvents that can be concentrated and inhaled, in a manner not intended by the manufacturer, to produce intoxication. Misuse of products in this fashion can be harmful or fatal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nail_polish_drop.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nail_polish_drop.jpg

I don't know if it's a mistake, but surely if someone on wikipedia posted this content, some one would have changed it now due to it being risky information, I have seen this for like a year now?? I also found this Secret Ingredient: Nail Polish and it says:From tosylamide/formaldehyde resin to stearalkonium bentonite, ingredient names can sound more like a top secret formula for NASA than a recipe for regular old nail polish. Each of these ingredients, however, has a purpose and plays a part in the overall performance of the polish. That website was just a standard website when I searched "nail polish ingredients"

I know nothing about chemistry, but the solvent molecules instead of the crap that gets put in it which are the solvents that get listed at the end, the first 4 Ethyl and actate ones all looked the same with a longer chemical structure, the first type being etherical. There are 2 others, but they aren't the same. i http://library.kisps.net/IllicitDrugs/Inhalants (2004).pdf
Nitrous oxide and ether, especially nitrous oxide, when sufficiently diluted with air, stimulate the mystical consciousness in an extraordinary degree. Depth beyond depth of truth seems revealed to the inhaler. This truth fades out, however, or escapes, at the moment of coming to; and if any words remain over in which it seemed to clothe itself, they prove to be the veriest nonsense. Nevertheless, the sense of a profound meaning having been there persists; and I know more than one person who is persuaded that in the nitrous oxide trance we have a genuine metaphysical revelation. But James notes that not every

Infact, the definition of etherical is "extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world."
and also it is "(of a solution) having diethyl ether as a solvent." So like I say, Ether is a solvent in the same definition??

This is on the website, listing more of the chemicals, to make it simpler I'll show images of the chemicals that are all very similar.
Ethyl Actate:
e:
200px-Ethyl-acetate-3D-balls.png

Propyl Acetate:
e:
220px-Propyl_acetate_3D_ball.png

Butyl Acetate:
220px-Butyl_acetate_3D_ball.png

Ethyl Alcohol — a solvent used to dissolve the ingredients in the polish.

Isopropyl Alcohol — a solvent that helps prevent a possible explosion of nitrocellulose during shipment and storage; also used in rubbing alcohol and antibacterial gels.

Ethyl Acetate — a solvent that is manufactured from acetic acid (vinegar) and ethanol, and has a fruity odor. This solvent evaporates the fastest.

Propyl Acetate — a solvent manufactured from acetic acid and a mixture of propene and propane gases. This solvent evaporates the second fastest.

Butyl Acetate — a solvent manufactured from acetic acid and butanol, both of which can be produced via fermentation. This solvent evaporates the slowest.

So considering all this, what would happen, if I were to paint some of this on a cigarette and smoke it, I have a premonition, not a bad one, that I can't see how this is more dangerous then inhaling a can of deodorant or glue, which goes straight up to your brain and are random dangerous molecules, while all these seem connected?? Do at your own risk, I'm not saying you should do this, cause if you do, you are desperate and ridicilous, just like I am, but I have other intentions however... Always wait for the right person to come along and tell you this is safe, don't just do it...

I found this on wikipedia, on the page: Intoxicative inhalant, at the side.
Common household products such as nail polish contain solvents that can be concentrated and inhaled, in a manner not intended by the manufacturer, to produce intoxication. Misuse of products in this fashion can be harmful or fatal.

I don't know if it's a mistake, but surely if someone on wikipedia posted this content, some one would have changed it now due to it being risky information, I have seen this for like a year now?? I also found this Secret Ingredient: Nail Polish and it says:From tosylamide/formaldehyde resin to stearalkonium bentonite, ingredient names can sound more like a top secret formula for NASA than a recipe for regular old nail polish. Each of these ingredients, however, has a purpose and plays a part in the overall performance of the polish. That website was just a standard website when I searched "nail polish ingredients"

I know nothing about chemistry, but the solvent molecules instead of the crap that gets put in it which are the solvents that get listed at the end, the first 4 Ethyl and actate ones all looked the same with a longer chemical structure, the first type being etherical. There are 2 others, but they aren't the same. i http://library.kisps.net/IllicitDrugs/Inhalants (2004).pdf
Nitrous oxide and ether, especially nitrous oxide, when sufficiently diluted with air, stimulate the mystical consciousness in an extraordinary degree. Depth beyond depth of truth seems revealed to the inhaler. This truth fades out, however, or escapes, at the moment of coming to; and if any words remain over in which it seemed to clothe itself, they prove to be the veriest nonsense. Nevertheless, the sense of a profound meaning having been there persists; and I know more than one person who is persuaded that in the nitrous oxide trance we have a genuine metaphysical revelation. But James notes that not every

Infact, the definition of etherical is "extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world."
and also it is "(of a solution) having diethyl ether as a solvent." So like I say, Ether is a solvent in the same definition??

This is on the website, listing more of the chemicals, to make it simpler I'll show images of the chemicals that are all very similar.
Ethyl Actate:
e:
200px-Ethyl-acetate-3D-balls.png

Propyl Acetate:
e:
220px-Propyl_acetate_3D_ball.png

Butyl Acetate:
220px-Butyl_acetate_3D_ball.png

Ethyl Alcohol — a solvent used to dissolve the ingredients in the polish.

Isopropyl Alcohol — a solvent that helps prevent a possible explosion of nitrocellulose during shipment and storage; also used in rubbing alcohol and antibacterial gels.

Ethyl Acetate — a solvent that is manufactured from acetic acid (vinegar) and ethanol, and has a fruity odor. This solvent evaporates the fastest.

Propyl Acetate — a solvent manufactured from acetic acid and a mixture of propene and propane gases. This solvent evaporates the second fastest.

Butyl Acetate — a solvent manufactured from acetic acid and butanol, both of which can be produced via fermentation. This solvent evaporates the slowest.

So considering all this, what would happen, if I were to paint some of this on a cigarette and smoke it, I have a premonition, not a bad one, that I can't see how this is more dangerous then inhaling a can of deodorant or glue, which goes straight up to your brain and are random dangerous molecules, while all these seem connected?? Do at your own risk, I'm not saying you should do this, cause if you do, you are desperate and ridicilous, just like I am, but I have other intentions however... Always wait for the right person to come along and tell you this is safe, don't just do it...

This is the Politics Section, this isn't a political topic. Also I'm sure I've seen this thread already in General Discussion or something, or maybe I'm hallucinating :eek-52:

• Banned
This is the Politics Section, this isn't a political topic. Also I'm sure I've seen this thread already in General Discussion or something, or maybe I'm hallucinating :eek-52:
I know it's not the right forum but, some people might know this sort of thing here. I'm sure if I ask about I can get some kind of answer, an answer telling you that this will cause you to die, is not the right one, I'm positive of that in a way...[/QUOTE]

I know it's not the right forum but, some people might know this sort of thing here. I'm sure if I ask about I can get some kind of answer, an answer telling you that this will cause you to die, is not the right one, I'm positive of that in a way...

Well that's very thoughtful, but this isn't Politics.

Forum List

Back