Smoking ban in private residences

They won't be able to stop pot smokers. It's for their "health".

Just wait for some of these HOAs to go all vegan and start banning meat, or a muslim dominated HOA ban pork, because they can smell the bacon frying.

It is called tribalism.

Last edited:

Just wait for some of these HOAs to go all vegan and start banning meat, or a muslim dominated HOA ban pork, because they can smell the bacon frying.

It is called tribalism.

if a person voluntarily joins a HOA, it's called America.

It is called tribalism.

Yep, choose your tribe carefully. You will need them to keep all the other tribes away.

My parents lived in a senior community that had ridiculous rules about wreaths on your door and plants on your property. They didn't comply and fortunately were never cited. I guess the assn. would wait for some asshole neighbor to complain.

But the scary part is using "health and safety" as the justification for overzealous bans. Will there come a day when everyone will have to participate in the govt. sponsored exercise program? Very Orwellian.

There will come a day, but the choice will be if you comply or not. I choose not to comply.

Home owners associations are nothing but nosy neighbors and Nazi busybodies. Why anyone would voluntarily join an HOA is beyond me.

It is called tribalism.

Yep, choose your tribe carefully. You will need them to keep all the other tribes away.

dang straight. if we're truly free, we should be able to pick whatever associations we want. tyranny would be if the gov told us we couldn't. but i really don't expect the partisans from either party to understand that. they only want people to do what they think is right.

"yep, true freedom is being able to do whatever you want (as long as it's legal)."

Smoking was legal.

"if a person voluntarily joins a HOA, it's called America."

Do HOA have the authority to pass legally binding laws? Do they have their own court system? Are those accused of wrong doing afforded all Constitutional protections including a lawyer? Do their rules apply to those who have NOT joined an HOA like guests or renters?

As long as its done with a vote, yeah its a good idea.

What will they ban next?

Type of music?
Method of cooking food...No more fish fries.
No Mexican cooking?
No Jamaican cooking....Dere goes de jerk chicken man!!!

If the people want to smoke and drink and cook smelly fish
they should be allowed to do so behind closed doors.

WTF is going on here.
Are they going to start to inspect the pantry to make sure there's
no salt inside.

What will they ban next?

Type of music?
No Mexican cooking?

WTF is going on here.
no salt inside.

People should be able to do anything they want on their own property whether it be indoors or out.

while I do agree smoking is not eaxctly the healthiest habbit, it's ridiculous to prohibit it like that. has everyone gone insane?

No, no one has the right to tell people what they can or can't do in their own homes.

Actually co-op and condo boards have almost unlimited powers. It's part of what you buy into. When I smoked, I didn't smoke inside. But if you live in an apartment and someone else's smoke is coming into your vents, you'd be very grateful for them stopping that.

What will they ban next?

Type of music?
No Mexican cooking?

WTF is going on here.
no salt inside.

People should be able to do anything they want on their own property whether it be indoors or out.

if you live in an apartment building, it's not just your property.

I've seen the smog in some of the big cities, and I don't see where anyone wllling to live there has any call to bitch about 2nd smoke.

New Topics

Forum List

Back