Smoke signals from the super-massive black hole of the Galaxy

Black holes by their description are not observable
Yes, the black hole itself is not observable, maybe. It may be, if youare close enough and it is not a singluarity. Try reading something about black holes published after 1984, for once.

Therefore, by your idiot logic, it cant have any rules. Yet we use the rules of black holes to find them and observe their effects all the time.
Why do you suppose this idiot is spamming the science section? Typically these socks do this because they have taken such a beating in the past. His recent posts back that idea up.
Reminds me of that salivan guy, but 1,000% less entertaining.
Well,now he is stuck on repeat. Somehow, his posts are improved by this.
Congratulations, I am appointing you President of my fan club

Free ice

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, the black hole itself is not observable, maybe. It may be, if youare close enough and it is not a singluarity. Try reading something about black holes published after 1984, for once.

Therefore, by your idiot logic, it cant have any rules. Yet we use the rules of black holes to find them and observe their effects all the time.
Why do you suppose this idiot is spamming the science section? Typically these socks do this because they have taken such a beating in the past. His recent posts back that idea up.
Still waiting for the black hole photo?

Anytime
You're memeing.
You are following as usual
I'm just not impressed with an obsessive compulsive that screams anti science psychobabble all day and speaks in only meme.

There's 11 year olds studying physics that are much wiser than your little schtick...and if your schtick was impressive, Im positive USMB isnt where it would land looking for attention.:thup:

Now, kindly, take your conspiratard hillbilly ass out of the science forum, mike rowe.
Make me...………………………..

Black holes by their description are not observable

Free ice

hqdefault.jpg
Deal! That's my favorite.

Free ice

hqdefault.jpg
Deal! That's my favorite.

All I have left is the grape Kool-Aid flavor

Actually there are no rules on something never observed
Well that's stupid and wrong on every level imaginable.

For one, yes there are. That's how, for instance, we discover new particles. Thats how we know the rules of fusion at the core of the Sun, despite never having observed it directly.

Second, we have observed black holes. We have directly imaged the event horizon of a black hole.
Black holes by their description are not observable, as all we can observe is light, so if no light escapes there is nothing to view.

But you keep listening to Mike Rowe
A difference that makes no difference...makes no difference. In a way..all we ever do is perceive light and its absence.

But--not observable...hello..English here..if they were not observable..we would not know of their existence..they would be, in scientific terms, "inferred". Black holes are some of the most observed events in astrophysics..do to the mentioned high energy processes going on.

Light is not all we 'view' in science. The OP is fascinating in some of its implications. it also is quite beautiful.

For one, yes there are. That's how, for instance, we discover new particles. Thats how we know the rules of fusion at the core of the Sun, despite never having observed it directly.

Second, we have observed black holes. We have directly imaged the event horizon of a black hole.
Black holes by their description are not observable, as all we can observe is light, so if no light escapes there is nothing to view.

A difference that makes no difference...makes no difference. In a way..all we ever do is perceive light and its absence.

But--not observable...hello..English here..if they were not observable..we would not know of their existence..they would be, in scientific terms, "inferred". Black holes are some of the most observed events in astrophysics..do to the mentioned high energy processes going on.

Light is not all we 'view' in science. The OP is fascinating in some of its implications. it also is quite beautiful.
Well then genius you got photos then? Or just bull shit

Here Scooby...now STFU!

This is the first photo of a black hole - CNN

190410090959-01-black-hole-event-horizon-telescope-exlarge-169.jpg

Here Scooby...now STFU!

Is light escaping?

Yes light is escaping.

Duh, there goes your theory.

Let Mike Rowe know

Here Scooby...now STFU!

Is light escaping?

Yes light is escaping.

Let Mike Rowe know
Is light escaping? Oh how funny! ROTFLMAO! I'm not sure who Mike Rowe is--but he's just gotta be smarter than you! Oh..and what is my theory--that went..as it were?

Google up 'Event Horizon'

Here Scooby...now STFU!

Is light escaping?

Yes light is escaping.

Let Mike Rowe know
Is light escaping? Oh how funny! ROTFLMAO! I'm not sure who Mike Rowe is--but he's just gotta be smarter than you! Oh..and what is my theory--that went..as it were?

Google up 'Event Horizon'

Google the newest theory which is that there are no black holes or galaxies because everything is a computer program.

Yawn, eat that kid, tell professor X I said hi

Google the newest theory which is that there are no black holes or galaxies because everything is a computer program.
Not only is that not a scientific theory, a "new theory" in no way means "a popular theory". You are acting like a moron.

Is light escaping?

Yes light is escaping.
From the space within the event horizon?

No. No it is not. You really have no clue what you are looking at in that photo, do you?
No one knows what that is
That is a Black Hole..back-dropped against a massive array of High energy particles...rapidly decaying isotopes..etc. a soup of bright--most, if not all, due to the mass of the black hole.. The event horizon is where the hole appears...as light and radiation are being stripped of their component elements and, current theories vary, adding their mass to the collective hole.

This Black hole..has a Galaxy all of its own!

Prior to this, it was indeed, black on black..but the back-dropped energy is so intense and widespread that the Hole here is actually apparent..black on white, as it were.
The op's pictures..more recent..also show this.

Doubt you care..but i love a challenge!

The dark spot we see is not just the entire event horizon, but the entire event horizon nested and mapped a huge number of times (but a finite number nonetheless).

We are seeing the opposite side of the event horizon. Many times over.

We "see" the photons which reach our, instruments. So, we see a ring, as photons' paths are curved around the black hole and emerge, visible to us much later, from over the horizon of the event horizon. The ones that fall into the event horizon, we don't see. It's not complicated. But it's not intuitive, either.

Is light escaping?

Yes light is escaping.
From the space within the event horizon?

No. No it is not. You really have no clue what you are looking at in that photo, do you?
No one knows what that is
That is a Black Hole..back-dropped against a massive array of High energy particles...rapidly decaying isotopes..etc. a soup of bright--most, if not all, due to the mass of the black hole.. The event horizon is where the hole appears...as light and radiation are being stripped of their component elements and, current theories vary, adding their mass to the collective hole.

This Black hole..has a Galaxy all of its own!

Prior to this, it was indeed, black on black..but the back-dropped energy is so intense and widespread that the Hole here is actually apparent..black on white, as it were.
The op's pictures..more recent..also show this.

Doubt you care..but i love a challenge!
No one has ever seen a black hole and no one knows what that image shows. You retards spend decades saying that no light escapes a black hole then light is photographed and you say wow the light is a black hole. NASA then says the light is from plasma

They make up stuff as they go..... also put astronauts in pure O2 to fry like chickens

Bright

Forum List

Back