Smithsonian to Restore Neil Armstrong's Spacesuit.

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Via ZeroHedge:
Smithsonian Launches Crowdfunding Campaign to Restore Neil Armstrong s Spacesuit Zero Hedge
On Monday, the 46th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, the Smithsonian launched its first crowdfunding campaign they’re calling “Reboot the Suit” to conserve, digitize, and display Neil Armstrong’s spacesuit that he wore on the moon. The museum has raised over 86 percent of its $500,000 goal since the launch of the campaign.
Crowdfunding site is here:
Reboot the Suit Bring Back Neil Armstrong s Spacesuit by Smithsonian Institution Kickstarter

His spacesuit was just in Bonn, Germany, for about about 4 months from October to March, for a huge exhibit at the Bundeskunstalle: Outer Space.

I saw that exhibition on November 9th, 2014. I remember this moment for many personal reasons.

I was standing maybe 10 inches from that spacesuit.

That was an awesome moment.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
They DO have more than ONE project Mr. H! And as it said in the article, it's funded, just not completely.

I visit the Smithsonian Museums multiple times a year and when I do I ALWAYS donate. You mad Mr. H?

I also donate to most any street musician that ISN'T playing plastic trash can drums!

They DO have more than ONE project Mr. H! And as it said in the article, it's funded, just not completely.

I visit the Smithsonian Museums multiple times a year and when I do I ALWAYS donate. You mad Mr. H?

I also donate to most any street musician that ISN'T playing plastic trash can drums!
Mad is your title, not mine. :slap:
And I do drop coin on those plastic can whuppers, you freakin' art hater.

How badly did NASA treat the suit that it has to be restored at a cost of half a million? Sorry to inform all you kiddies that most of the displays you see including skeletons on the main floor in the Smithsonian are fakes and/or Hollywood type props and reproductions based loosely on real stuff that may or may not be in the hoard that Smithsonian has stashed in the basement.

How badly did NASA treat the suit that it has to be restored at a cost of half a million? Sorry to inform all you kiddies that most of the displays you see including skeletons on the main floor in the Smithsonian are fakes and/or Hollywood type props and reproductions based loosely on real stuff that may or may not be in the hoard that Smithsonian has stashed in the basement.

Gotta link for that claim?

Gotta link for that claim?
Look it up yourself. The federal government run Smithsonian has almost unlimited funding and they have Hollywood class restorers on the payroll. Why the hell would they solicit donations from the public to restore a suit that NASA could probably fix with spare parts? Something ain't right about this thing.

Forum List

Back