SMH- progressive? Seems more like regressing

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Come On, Kenny Wayne Shepherd Is Not a “Motherfu_____ Racist.”

The brushup started when Mercy Morganfield made a post on Facebook (since removed), saying in part, “Daddy’s greatest rebellion was refusing to return to Mississippi to perform. He avoided the Confederate Flag-worshipping southern states altogether. That was then and this is now. What is y’all’s excuse? Why haven’t y’all descended on the Blues Foundation in droves and demand they rescind that award to that motherfucking racist?”

Mercy Morganfield’s accusation stems from the fact that Kenny Wayne Shepherd owns (or owned) a replica of the Dukes of Hazzard Dodge Charger that included a Confederate flag on the roof—a feature Shepherd claims he covered over some time ago, while also putting the car in permanent storage. The vehicle was part of a larger muscle car collection the guitarist owns. In a Wall Street Journal feature on Shepherd and the car in 2015, Shepherd said, “The confederate flag can be controversial, but not in this case. I get thumbs up from everybody, regardless of race. The African-American community created the music that I play; racism is not a part of my DNA.”

Nonetheless, Mercy Morganfield, who sits on the Blues Foundation board, has used the car that Shepherd nicknamed ‘Xtreme Lee’ to question not just Kenny Wayne Shepherd’s consideration for awards and brand him a racist, but lash out at the legitimacy of the entire organization.

The comments section has some good rebuttals too- people like this lady? are given way too much clout- unearned clout -

The brushup started when Mercy Morganfield made a post on Facebook (since removed), saying in part, “Daddy’s greatest rebellion was refusing to return to Mississippi to perform. He avoided the Confederate Flag-worshipping southern states altogether. That was then and this is now. What is y’all’s excuse? Why haven’t y’all descended on the Blues Foundation in droves and demand they rescind that award to that motherfucking racist?”

Mercy Morganfield’s accusation stems from the fact that Kenny Wayne Shepherd owns (or owned) a replica of the Dukes of Hazzard Dodge Charger that included a Confederate flag on the roof—a feature Shepherd claims he covered over some time ago, while also putting the car in permanent storage. The vehicle was part of a larger muscle car collection the guitarist owns. In a Wall Street Journal feature on Shepherd and the car in 2015, Shepherd said, “The confederate flag can be controversial, but not in this case. I get thumbs up from everybody, regardless of race. The African-American community created the music that I play; racism is not a part of my DNA.”

Nonetheless, Mercy Morganfield, who sits on the Blues Foundation board, has used the car that Shepherd nicknamed ‘Xtreme Lee’ to question not just Kenny Wayne Shepherd’s consideration for awards and brand him a racist, but lash out at the legitimacy of the entire organization.

The comments section has some good rebuttals too- people like this lady? are given way too much clout- unearned clout -
Poor snowflake trumpkin

Poor snowflake trumpkin

Being wrongly accused of being racist is hardly a snowflake matter you dumb broad.

When Mercy Morganfield said, “Why haven’t y’all descended on the Blues Foundation in droves and demand they rescind that award to that motherfucking racist?” she was directly goading others, presenting an ultimatum that if you did not join in the condemnation, you would be considered racist yourself, or complicit to it.

That is exactly how this game is played. It's irritating as all hell. I can't believe that this is Muddy Waters' daughter.

I love Kenny Wayne Shepard. I don't care what anyone says.

Mercy Morganfield of the blues foundation board? Who the hell is Kenny Wayne Shepard? Lefties whined for fifty years about "black listing". Is there an alternate pop culture entertainment hierarchy that is dedicated to McCarthyism these days?

The more 'woke' control freak paranoids get the more confused self destructive cancel culture they become.

Or as POTUS DJT put it .. "These people are crazy" !

• Banned
When Mercy Morganfield said, “Why haven’t y’all descended on the Blues Foundation in droves and demand they rescind that award to that motherfucking racist?” she was directly goading others, presenting an ultimatum that if you did not join in the condemnation, you would be considered racist yourself, or complicit to it.

That is exactly how this game is played. It's irritating as all hell. I can't believe that this is Muddy Waters' daughter.

And I think you need to be on this list Who's the sexiest fox on USMB?

And I think you need to be on this list Who's the sexiest fox on USMB?
Well, thanks!

Mercy Morganfield of the blues foundation board? Who the hell is Kenny Wayne Shepard? Lefties whined for fifty years about "black listing". Is there an alternate pop culture entertainment hierarchy that is dedicated to McCarthyism these days?

Forum List

Back