Smashing Pumpkins reforming?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I read somewhere (too lazy to look up the article, sorry) that Billy Corgan is planning on reforming the Smashing Pumpkins, possibly with an entire new lineup. I've been listening to their stuff again, especially Siamese Dream, and they're really good. And, I've heard that Corgan played all the guitars on all the albums, so I imagine, even if he has a whole new lineup, they'll probably sound like the old Pumpkins. That said, I think the band's career was pretty well-rounded and ended on a pretty good note, they should probably just start a new band. Thoughts?

I am thinking that this is Billy Corgan's ego at work.
In advance of his solo album coming out, Corgan did numerous interviews where he stated that he "needed to continue progressing." He wanted to play new material and not dwell in the past. In one particually telling instance, Corgan stated that he would not do Pumpkins songs unless the former band got back together. Which was not too likely.
If you've read the reviews, Corgan's new solo album has been roundly panned and is selling dismally. So it is no surprise to me that he has decided to "reform" the Smashing Pumpkins. Though he should just call it The Billy Corgan Band.

I was actually going to check out his new solo album, I guess I'll pass on it now.

Billy Corgan - "The world is a vampire"
Crowd - "wooooooooo"
Neil DeGrasse Tyson [loudly from back] "no it isn't"

Forum List

Back