Smash

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
I watched the whole season and recorded the finale, just finished watching.

We are living in a Golden Era for TV. TV means something to you if you're here on this site reading this, but much the way that groundlings at Shakespeare's contemporary performances probably didn't realize they were witnessing a cornerstone of cultural significance shifting into place, it's easy to take today's TV for granted—especially network TV, which will happily inundate you with all the ceremony and prelude of a faucet turning on.

Only on rare occasions do we say to ourselves, "Okay, wow, that was amazing. I felt something. By seeing this, I remembered parts of myself and experienced a symphony of curated emotions that I'm proud I was capable of." Frankly I can count the number of times I've had that reaction on maybe one hand. But the finale of Smash was one of those times.

Smash's Season Finale: A TV Icon - News - TV.com

I so loved this show but maybe I'm just a sucker for anything Marilyn. Good reviews though and the final song just tugged at my heart strings.

Here tis:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFVOuO2gZ4]Don't Forget Me ~ Smash ~ Katharine Mcphee - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back