Smart Cat

My beautiful feline, of 8 years, and 8 lbs., will raise her paw when I say, "shake" , and also lie beside me and roll over back and forth when I am doing the same thing, in my morning exercises...lol. Or if I am sittng anywhere, I can just say, " exercise" a few times, and she will throw herself down and start rolling from side to side. :D

D0034BEST-1-1-1-2.jpg

My beautiful feline, of 8 years, and 8 lbs., will raise her paw when I say, "shake" , and also lie beside me and roll over back and forth when I am doing the same thing, in my morning exercises...lol. Or if I am sittng anywhere, I can just say, " exercise" a few times, and she will throw herself down and start rolling from side to side. :D

D0034BEST-1-1-1-2.jpg

That is a beautiful animal. Just spectacular.

We had a kitty who could open the front door. He'd jump up and hang on the handle until he was able to get it to unlatch (yes it was a conventional door knob). I don't think I got him trained to close the door after him, though.

Oh, I should NOT tell this story because NO ONE is going to believe this is true, because if someone told me it, I wouldn't believe it either.

But I swear on a stack of Bibles it's a true story.

We had a Tom Cat, and mom was home with it most of the day and she kept telling us the cat could talk. I mean not like you and me, but it could say simple one syllable words.

Things like if Mom asked the cat if he wanted to go outside the Cat would say "Myeah."

Well, OF COURSE, I didn't believe this and thought it was just Mom being well, MOM. I would laugh every time she INSISTED she heard the cat talk.

But one day I was opening a can of tuna, and the Cat Meowed and Meowed and MEOWED for that tuna, but I ignored him, because I had no intention of sharing the tuna with the cat.

Then while my back was turned and the cat's meows became more insistent suddenly I CLEARLY heard the Cat yell my name. CLEARLY heard the cat yell my name.

I spun around in shock and disbelief. The Cat just looked at me. The only other person in the house was my sister. I went downstairs and asked her if she called me, HOPING that was the case.

She didn't. I went back upstairs. Looked around the house for anyone else who could have called me. Then I went back in the kitchen looked at the cat again, in shock and disbelief and the cat looked at me and said, "Meow!" in the EXACT tone that conveyed, "Yeah it was me, dummy!"

And so I gave the cat that can of tuna.

And after that, I stopped laughing at Mom when she said the cat could talk.

Oh, I know I shouldn't tell this story, but I SWEAR it's true!

That's pretty freaky. Not to divulge your real name, but is it something like Howie or Paul that sounds kind of like a cat's meow? I don't disbelieve you, just trying to find some explanation.

I'm guessing your name is Mia?

One of my cats preferred drinking water from a glass. That worked until she couldn't fit her head any deeper in the glass. So she started "dipping", putting her paw into the water and licking it off. I watched one of the other cats observing her dipping water. When she was done, he walked right over and did the same thing. He skipped the trial-and-error phase she had gone through.

Wow, that demonstrates real intelligence. And people say animals can't think! Yeah, right.

One of my dobies would want the toy or chew the other one had. So she'd go look out the window and bark as if something were going on outside. The dobie with the toy would drop it and run to the window to check it out and the tricky one would run over and grab the discarded toy. : ) She doesn't use that ploy anymore because it no longer works. The other dog caught on.

I always use that story as an example when people try to say animals can't think.

That ploy still works on the missus. 35 years. She hates it when I do that.

Nice sharing.
I think this is very cute and smart cat. i am very impressed to see your cat.
Very interesting.

That is indeed a smart cat! I had this surprising experience with mine. He's kind of a scaredy cat and a visitor came over so he was scrambling for an exit and he somehow managed to jump up to the knob and open the door. My mind is blown.

I've been creeped- out about cats ever since this :( :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU5GEWWpWdw]Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo - When Cats Attack - YouTube[/ame]​

Oh, I should NOT tell this story because NO ONE is going to believe this is true, because if someone told me it, I wouldn't believe it either.

But I swear on a stack of Bibles it's a true story.

We had a Tom Cat, and mom was home with it most of the day and she kept telling us the cat could talk. I mean not like you and me, but it could say simple one syllable words.

Things like if Mom asked the cat if he wanted to go outside the Cat would say "Myeah."

Well, OF COURSE, I didn't believe this and thought it was just Mom being well, MOM. I would laugh every time she INSISTED she heard the cat talk.

But one day I was opening a can of tuna, and the Cat Meowed and Meowed and MEOWED for that tuna, but I ignored him, because I had no intention of sharing the tuna with the cat.

Then while my back was turned and the cat's meows became more insistent suddenly I CLEARLY heard the Cat yell my name. CLEARLY heard the cat yell my name.

I spun around in shock and disbelief. The Cat just looked at me. The only other person in the house was my sister. I went downstairs and asked her if she called me, HOPING that was the case.

She didn't. I went back upstairs. Looked around the house for anyone else who could have called me. Then I went back in the kitchen looked at the cat again, in shock and disbelief and the cat looked at me and said, "Meow!" in the EXACT tone that conveyed, "Yeah it was me, dummy!"

And so I gave the cat that can of tuna.

And after that, I stopped laughing at Mom when she said the cat could talk.

Oh, I know I shouldn't tell this story, but I SWEAR it's true!

One of my grandpa's brothers used to come and visit grandma and grandpa when they would go on a fiddling circuit...and his wife always brought this cat with her.

She told us kids that the cat could talk...she could say "mom" and "milk" lolololol...

She was serious. My grandma told me later she was crazy (and gramma never said things like that except about grandpa, lolol). But I've NEVER forgotten my crazy great aunt and her traveling, talking cat.

Forum List

Back