small problem

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
sometimes i cant access this site, i get an error screen. but at the same time jmarie can get on no problem. havent quite figured this one out yet. imusing XP and shes using 2k, any input?

Originally posted by Johnney
sometimes i cant access this site, i get an error screen. but at the same time jmarie can get on no problem. havent quite figured this one out yet. imusing XP and shes using 2k, any input?

What error page do you get?

i guess its not really an error page, but its from perfectnav. saying the site couldnt be found.

Originally posted by Johnney
i guess its not really an error page, but its from perfectnav. saying the site couldnt be found.

What is perfectnav? Is that a Norton program? A lot of their programs are notorious for interfering with network traffic. Try disabling it if it happens again.

hell i dont even know where it came from! jsut showed up one day. probably some type of spy where that got on here

it is, i jsut found it... guess which folder it was in...kazaa naturally

holy shit! i found an ad eliminator and had it go to town on my drive. damn i had alot of shit on it. but it got rid of perfectnav, cydor, gator and some of those other things that get into your drive. also reset my security levels.

cool thanks, went and found it. seemed to be running clear enough, only removed one thing

hell yeah, that kinda explains some of the wierd things thats been happening to this thing in the last little while though.

I don't think Norton programs are that bad. I installed Norton AntiVirus and it does work fine.

Originally posted by lilywhite
I don't think Norton programs are that bad. I installed Norton AntiVirus and it does work fine.

I didn't mean that their products are bad, just that they have been known to interfere with network traffic at times. I too use Norton Antivirus and am thrilled with it. I've seen a lot of people complain that they were getting error messages when trying to send/receive mail, and it started working again after they disabled Norton. Probably just a glitch, but worth mentioning if someone is troubleshooting a connection issue.

Forum List

Back