Small Businesses Say Weak Customer Demand, Not Regulations, taxes, the Problem

More weak arguments from a Marxist progressives using obvious Marxist websites as source material. Dont you ever get tired of being a mouth piece for the anti freedom crowd rdean?

Anyone that's ever run a business knows that customer demand is the one thing that predicts success. Everything else is a distant second.

I don't disagree. Anyone with a basic understanding of business knows that customers are the driving force behind any successful business. But, over regulation burdens business - that is also a fact. The problem is not regulation - again, a basic understanding of business is sufficient to know that business must be regulated. The burden comes from over regulation - layer upon layer of legislation - often contradictory legislation hinders business. It's not rocket science... and yet it appears to be above the intellectual pay grade of many on both sides.

You thread killer you!

I agree with this OP. After doing some research and such, I came to the conclusion that presidents don't have much or any effect on the economy. Hiring is done by businesses and if they have low demand, they will lay off or not hire employees. Mitt Romney says he's going to improve the economy when he actually can't and also, he won't give details. Our economy is so huge that it is almost a self fullfiling prophecy. If programs are cut by government, many people will be out of jobs--supporting industries and businesses. Has Romney mentioned bringing businesses INTO the US and drastically limiting outsourcing (like he did)? I haven't heard anything about that.

I just skimmed the OP.
Yes, consumer spending is weak. After 30 years of flat wage growth for the working class, they have just run out of money and credit. They have been seeing less and less expendable income, thus the weak demand.
Around 70% of the US economy is driven by consumer spending and the working class makes up a huge majority of the consumer class.
Not only are jobs needed, but for the good of the economy, employers need to do a better job of rewarding their employees with wage growth that mirrors their profit growth. That has been happening less and less for the last thirty years. And now the US economy is suffering and having a very rough time rebounding.

Horribly inaccurate post.

In almost every case the problem is Government either doing things that are not their job or Government failing miserably at doing what is their job. Is this your opinion, someone's else's opinion you are parroting or do you have some examples and evidence to support this opinion?

Illegal immigration destroyed the trades and forced everyone to focus on collage. Now we have a collage bubble and 50% of students can’t get a job. Thanks to Government not enforcing immigration laws and thanks to Government illegally funding people to get a collage education when there was literally no demand for it.

To be fair illegal immigration did not destroy the trades, private contractors used illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans. Some of us believe a college education is good for America. At least those who are not anti intellectual.

While I didn't list all the problems I gave a good idea of what has happened. To just claim employers don't pay enough is just mind blowingly out there.

Who is saying small business employers should pay more?

Small business pays fees and taxes to local government. Under Obama and Clinton they received targeted tax cuts, sometimes to mitigate federal legislation (ADA & Clean water act). Anyone who owns a business knows the cost

Simply put Government has gone out of its way to support near slave labor while creating so much malinvestment that it is almost impossible to fathom recovering from it without going though a process of a depression.

Government pays good salaries and benefits to its employees. It's the private sector + Republican demagogues who want to reduce the salary/wages of Union Workers who are the consumers who drive the economy.

Last edited:
Anyone that's ever run a business knows that customer demand is the one thing that predicts success. Everything else is a distant second.

too stupid!!! a great product creates demand. Invent or supply the light bulb and you have trillions in demand, invent crap and you have crap demand.

Thus, great Republican supply siders with hot new products are the key to success!!

This is something a child can understand, just not a liberal

Government pays good salaries and benefits to its employees.

yes about double what the private sector gets so you could eliminate those government make work jobs, give the money back to the private sector to end unemployment.

It's the private sector + Republican demagogues who want to reduce the salary/wages of Union Workers who are the consumers who drive the economy.

too stupid!! unions have already driven 20 million jobs offshore!! Does that drive the economy????

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow.

If programs are cut by government, many people will be out of jobs.

too stupid!! Government jobs are stolen from the private sector!! If you take 50k from the private sector to create a liberal make work government job that is one less real job in the private sector.

Did you think the Girl Scouts paid the government worker his salary???????

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?????

I don't disagree. Anyone with a basic understanding of business knows that customers are the driving force behind any successful business. But, over regulation burdens business - that is also a fact. The problem is not regulation - again, a basic understanding of business is sufficient to know that business must be regulated. The burden comes from over regulation - layer upon layer of legislation - often contradictory legislation hinders business. It's not rocket science... and yet it appears to be above the intellectual pay grade of many on both sides.

You thread killer you!

The thread has not died. Stop kissing ass.

Poll: Small Businesses Say Weak Customer Demand, Not Regulations, Their Problem

Reducing regulation came in fifth place. In fact, most small business owners see government standards as an important tool to level the playing field with big business.

Small Business Majority - Solving Small Businesses Biggest Problems

I can honestly say that government never got in the way of my business, nor did it directly intervene to make us successful. It simply contributed to the conditions that allowed us to succeed, and when we did, it collected more taxes.

Going back to 2007, we've repeatedy looked for evidence of job migration because of taxes and dug into claims about the superiority of other states as business havens. While we won't deny that businesses occasionally relocate or expand in other states, we've found no credible study that shows taxes and regulation are a significant factor in hampering Minnesota's economic growth.

Small businesses aren't built alone

McClatchy reached out to owners of small businesses, many of them mom-and-pop operations, to find out whether they indeed were being choked by regulation, whether uncertainty over taxes affected their hiring plans and whether the health care overhaul was helping or hurting their business.

Their response was surprising.

None of the business owners complained about regulation in their particular industries, and most seemed to welcome it. Some pointed to the lack of regulation in mortgage lending as a principal cause of the financial crisis that brought about the Great Recession of 2007-09 and its grim aftermath.

Regulations, taxes aren't killing small business, owners say | McClatchy

-----------------------------------------------------------

Anyone with a search engine could go on endlessly. This only proves Romney and other Republican Business masterminds are fucking clueless. That, or they are outright lying to a base that is being mindlessly misled.

I didn't cherry pick these stories. They all say pretty much the same thing. Small business is threatened by what Republicans are doing for big business. And small business needs customers. Rebuilding the nations infrastructure is one way to get money into the pockets of the middle class. Republicans will make sure that NEVER happens. Even you right wingers have to admit it.

Sustainable Business Council? Lets find out what that is.

From their website.

Government regulations have been ridiculed as “job killers.” However, small-business owners know that regulations play an essential role in leveling the playing field by offering protection from big business. Regulations are the rules by which all businesses must play for orderly and fair competition in the market place.
Huh?

Sounds like another anti business group masquerading as a pro business group, who'd think?

Let's see which companies are part of the group.

Ben and Jerry's. They have annual sales of $132 million a year.

New Belgium Brewing has sales over $100 million a year.

Patagonia, are you kidding me? Their revenue is higher than the other two companies sales combined.

I guess that means that a small business that has upwards of $100 million in sales a year doesn't have to worry about regulation.

Guess what, I knew that. When I talk about the burden of regulations on small businesses I am talking about companies that make less than $200,000 a year, not companies that make 1000 times that amount.

You really need to stop listening to K Street groups that make money buy lobbying the government for corporations when they are talking about how wonderful regulations are.

Sounds like common sense to me. You ridiculed what was said and then talked about something else. In fact, you didn't make a bit of sense. Who even knows what your point was?

I quoted the mission statement of the SBA, and then talked about how they are backed by big businesses.

Sounds like you're saying you've run a business. Me too, still am.

Right now people are doing without more than they have in decades, that means demand is very, very, high. Yet you and I are not hiring. One reason I'm not hiring because my payroll money is going for taxes. Another reason is that hiring involves so much paperwork and restrictions that it's just not worth the trouble. I figure I'm a lot better off living off my savings until things change.

What's keeping you from hiring?

of course that's 100% absurd. If you eliminated taxes, regulations and the uncertainty that a single payer communist president causes on small business, prices could be cut in half and demand would soar.

If people have no money, there is no demand. That's the most basic of basic common sense. Republicans and their zany ideas about economics are mind boggling. Demand is "absurd"? Crazy.

I just skimmed the OP.
Yes, consumer spending is weak. After 30 years of flat wage growth for the working class, they have just run out of money and credit. They have been seeing less and less expendable income, thus the weak demand.
Around 70% of the US economy is driven by consumer spending and the working class makes up a huge majority of the consumer class.
Not only are jobs needed, but for the good of the economy, employers need to do a better job of rewarding their employees with wage growth that mirrors their profit growth. That has been happening less and less for the last thirty years. And now the US economy is suffering and having a very rough time rebounding.

In almost every case the problem is Government either doing things that are not their job or Government failing miserably at doing what is their job. Is this your opinion, someone's else's opinion you are parroting or do you have some examples and evidence to support this opinion?

Illegal immigration destroyed the trades and forced everyone to focus on collage. Now we have a collage bubble and 50% of students can’t get a job. Thanks to Government not enforcing immigration laws and thanks to Government illegally funding people to get a collage education when there was literally no demand for it.

To be fair illegal immigration did not destroy the trades, private contractors used illegal immigrants taking jobs away from Americans. Some of us believe a college education is good for America. At least those who are not anti intellectual.

While I didn't list all the problems I gave a good idea of what has happened. To just claim employers don't pay enough is just mind blowingly out there.

Small business pays fees and taxes to local government. Under Obama and Clinton they received targeted tax cuts, sometimes to mitigate federal legislation (ADA & Clean water act). Anyone who owns a business knows the cost

Simply put Government has gone out of its way to support near slave labor while creating so much malinvestment that it is almost impossible to fathom recovering from it without going though a process of a depression.

Government pays good salaries and benefits to its employees. It's the private sector + Republican demagogues who want to reduce the salary/wages of Union Workers who are the consumers who drive the economy.

Oh holy fucking shit, really? You must be a real fun person to pretend having conversations with.

1)Staying on topic, Government doing education on a federal level while not enforcing immigration laws… Like I said. Other things Government dos it’s not allowed to, SS/MC/MC/Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/NDAA and so on…

2)Thanks for 10000000% agreeing with me.

3)No one, including me. But the guy I quoted said employers don't pay enough and have caused stagnate wages over years, and that was the cause of the “great recession.” You would have to use that education you pretend to care about but seriously lack and read.

4)Why are you talking about that??? Oh because this is the Republicans hate clean water, air and education line seeing as you have dick for ability to properly debate. Get the fuck outa the thread TM… er wait, you’re not TM.

Last edited:

of course that's 100% absurd. If you eliminated taxes, regulations and the uncertainty that a single payer communist president causes on small business, prices could be cut in half and demand would soar.

If people have no money, there is no demand. That's the most basic of basic common sense. Republicans and their zany ideas about economics are mind boggling. Demand is "absurd"? Crazy.

welcome to the ObamaNation

Sounds like you're saying you've run a business. Me too, still am.

Right now people are doing without more than they have in decades, that means demand is very, very, high. Yet you and I are not hiring. One reason I'm not hiring because my payroll money is going for taxes. Another reason is that hiring involves so much paperwork and restrictions that it's just not worth the trouble. I figure I'm a lot better off living off my savings until things change.

What's keeping you from hiring?
Bullshit.
This is probably hard for people living off of other's taxes to understand, but my guess is that virtually everyone paying taxes would agree to hire someone if--
  1. every penny paid in hiring would be deducted from their tax money owed, and
  2. no employer restrictions, regulations, or other paperwork would be required.

Last edited:

welcome to the ObamaNation

Created by and handed to from favorite son "George W. Bush and the Republican Party", the party of "Corporations are people and you're not".

Oh holy fucking shit, really? You must be a real fun person to pretend having conversations with.

1)Staying on topic, Government doing education on a federal level while not enforcing immigration laws… Like I said. Other things Government dos it’s not allowed to, SS/MC/MC/Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/NDAA and so on…

2)Thanks for 10000000% agreeing with me.

3)No one, including me. But the guy I quoted said employers don't pay enough and have caused stagnate wages over years, and that was the cause of the “great recession.” You would have to use that education you pretend to care about but seriously lack and read.

4)Why are you talking about that??? Oh because this is the Republicans hate clean water, air and education line seeing as you have dick for ability to properly debate. Get the fuck outa the thread TM… er wait, you’re not TM.

Those few words pretty much sums up their positions. The questions are "why".

Dirty and and dirty water don't make more jobs. Unless you claim taking care of children with birth defects is a "job creator". It's not. Republicans only care about children before they are born. Once born, they are on their own. Job finished. You can't possibly argue with that.

From the Austin Paper: GOP Opposes Critical Thinking
Party platform paints original ideas as a liberal conspiracy

GOP Opposes Critical Thinking: Party platform paints original ideas as a liberal conspiracy - The Austin Chronicle

Republicans who won't believe what their party stands for should be bitch slapped until they face the truth. They really should stop supporting a party they don't seem to know anything about. The more truth you lay on them, the more they deny. They don't post links or offer proof, they only go on what they "imagine". It's really sickening and disgraceful.

Look at these right wingers. They add nothing to the discussion. And check out the links I posted:

Small Business Majority | About Small Business Majority

Check out who their BOD is. How they do their research. What they are about.

Mission & Values

Check out Main Street Alliance.

These aren't radical sites. I've even posted to Businessweek.

These "truths" about small business are common sense and self evident. It's a pity the right wing has lost the capacity to understand even the most basic ideas.

SBM is a liberal group of business people with liberal ideals. So they will lean toward a favorable opinion of liberal standards. They have an agenda and they have a bias.

Forum List

Back