Small Business Owners Want Washington To REIN In Regulations...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Last month, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made the case on the Senate floor that government regulations don’t harm the economy and job creation. I’m not sure which job creators the majority leader is talking to, but almost every small business owner I have talked with tells me that over-regulation is harming their business and preventing them from hiring.

Mr. Reid said, “My Republican friends have yet to produce a single shred of evidence that the regulations … do the broad economic harms they claim. That’s because there aren’t any.” Well, on behalf of the nearly 30 million American small businesses, let me take this opportunity to share some information.

According to an October Gallup poll, small business owners cite compliance with government regulations as the most important problem facing them today — more than consumer confidence in the economy or the lack of consumer demand. Small businesses are the engine of job creation, creating more than half of the nonfarm private gross domestic product, but most small firms are simply being crushed by the onslaught of federal regulations.

According to a 2010 Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy study, small firms bear a regulatory cost that is 36 percent higher than the cost of regulatory compliance for large businesses,because they don't have the resources to deal with federal regulations.

Read more: Small business owners want Washington to REIN in regulations | The Daily Caller

Last month, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made the case on the Senate floor that government regulations don’t harm the economy and job creation. I’m not sure which job creators the majority leader is talking to, but almost every small business owner I have talked with tells me that over-regulation is harming their business and preventing them from hiring.

Mr. Reid said, “My Republican friends have yet to produce a single shred of evidence that the regulations … do the broad economic harms they claim. That’s because there aren’t any.” Well, on behalf of the nearly 30 million American small businesses, let me take this opportunity to share some information.

According to an October Gallup poll, small business owners cite compliance with government regulations as the most important problem facing them today — more than consumer confidence in the economy or the lack of consumer demand. Small businesses are the engine of job creation, creating more than half of the nonfarm private gross domestic product, but most small firms are simply being crushed by the onslaught of federal regulations.

According to a 2010 Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy study, small firms bear a regulatory cost that is 36 percent higher than the cost of regulatory compliance for large businesses,because they don't have the resources to deal with federal regulations.

Read more: Small business owners want Washington to REIN in regulations | The Daily Caller
The clever small business owners, prime the contracts and sub part out to a large corp. The sub deals with the regs.

Small Business owners are running away from this President & Democrats in droves. They no longer have any confidence in them. Bigger Government will only hurt small businesses more. So ignore these small business owners at your own peril. They will be heard from in the 2012 Election.

Forum List

Back