Small Business Can't Get Loans From Bailed-Out Banks in U.S.

That’s in part because of policies the Federal Reserve has instituted to help banks, said Peter Morici, an economist and professor at the Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland in College Park.

“We’ve created a system that encourages bankers to trade, not lend,” Morici said.

It would appear that the regulations are causing the problem.
I thought we got into the mess we are in because the banks were lending too much.
Now there are people complaining the banks aren't lending.

• Banned
That’s in part because of policies the Federal Reserve has instituted to help banks, said Peter Morici, an economist and professor at the Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland in College Park.

“We’ve created a system that encourages bankers to trade, not lend,” Morici said.

It would appear that the regulations are causing the problem.
I thought we got into the mess we are in because the banks were lending too much.
Now there are people complaining the banks aren't lending.

People are complaining, but that's not the point of the article, at least as I understand it. How will less government oversight help the situation? Of course the government cannot force Wells or any of the other big banks to loan money to small business, but maybe the government ought to pull a T.R. and bust the trusts.
When I wore a younger mans clothes, banks were chartered in only one state. By allowing them to become mega-national banks, we have created monsters. Maybe it's time to to review what seems not to be working before we go all the way and let industry obey the rules or not with immunity.

• Banned
You don't suppose the Fed's Stress Tests have anything to do with it now do ya?

No CF, unlike you I don't know everything. Thanks for all the helpful hints and in depth analysis; I wonder why you spend so much time on this MB? I'm sure your many talents could be of benefit somewhere else.

You don't suppose the Fed's Stress Tests have anything to do with it now do ya?

No CF, unlike you I don't know everything. Thanks for all the helpful hints and in depth analysis; I wonder why you spend so much time on this MB? I'm sure your many talents could be of benefit somewhere else.

I already told you, Richard Sciafe and each of the Koch Brothers pay me $399.95 per post

I know lets spend another 30 Billion dollars we do not have. So another Czar can decide who wins and who loses and hand out low interest government loans. Instead of just lowing their taxes and get the hell out of their way :)

Before the regulations recently put in place the banks were lending.
The story doesn't go into the small business assets enough for me to see if it was unfairly denied a loan.

When I wore a younger mans clothes, banks were chartered in only one state. By allowing them to become mega-national banks, we have created monsters. Maybe it's time to to review what seems not to be working before we go all the way and let industry obey the rules or not with immunity.

I agree. But we should have also looked at the real problems (and what was working) before jumping the gun and making thins worse. Unfortunately the congress doesn't give a damn as long as they stay in power.

Small Business Can't Get Loans From Bailed-Out Banks in U.S. - Bloomberg

So, exactly how will we put our economy back on track if it is the goal of the new right - aka the tea party - to get out of the way?
Before responding, please read the article linked above, expecially those who believe the regulation of Wall Street is unwarranted.
Thanks, Bush/Paulson!

No rules, no conditions, nothing. Just "Here's your money!".

Are you retarded? I mean more so than usual.

Small Business Can't Get Loans From Bailed-Out Banks in U.S. - Bloomberg

So, exactly how will we put our economy back on track if it is the goal of the new right - aka the tea party - to get out of the way?
Before responding, please read the article linked above, expecially those who believe the regulation of Wall Street is unwarranted.
Thanks, Bush/Paulson!

No rules, no conditions, nothing. Just "Here's your money!".

Are you retarded? I mean more so than usual.
Once more, you have nothing of value to add to the topic.

Forum List

Back