Slumping Stock Market, all 2018 gains given up.

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
What does The Donald have to say about the stock market, who can he now blame?

Slumping Stock Market Enters Negative Territory for the Year

He sure crowed when it rose, now he needs to find a scapegoat to take the fall.

He tried the Fed, that got blown away; he even claimed the Fed never raised interest rates when Obama was in office. Which showed an enormous amount of ignorance of Macroeconomics.

I suppose it must be The Left, they sabotaged the economy to harm Trump.

Notice how the market tanked immediately after Obama tries to take credit for the economy

He tried the Fed, that got blown away; he even claimed the Fed never raised interest rates when Obama was in office. Which showed an enormous amount of ignorance of Macroeconomics.

The Fed never had Qualitative Easing or kept rates near zero when Obama was President, er, or something

I'm wondering if it's gonna drop even more tomorrow?

I don't wonder, I let it ride and hope for the best. Trying to time the markets is stressful, ignorance seems to be healthier; I'll let the professionals react to the ups and downs.

The reason I'm asking, is because just before the markets tanked in 2008/2009, they were acting kinda like they are now.

Glad you posted this in Economy. I was just looking at the market closing numbers myself. Does not look good at all. Not for POTUS apologists but especially not for 401k folks.

If the markets get really sour, my bet is POTUS will blame republicans for not sending him a balanced budget with massive entitlement spending cuts. But that's too many words for him and can't be fit into a Crayola, pictorial, early morning news briefing summary. I say he goes after Harley, Ford and everyone else adversely affected by his silly tariff war. Watch him throw soybean farmers under the bus for not being competitive. Just a hunch.

Glad you posted this in Economy. I was just looking at the market closing numbers myself. Does not look good at all. Not for POTUS apologists but especially not for 401k folks.

If the markets get really sour, my bet is POTUS will blame republicans for not sending him a balanced budget with massive entitlement spending cuts. But that's too many words for him and can't be fit into a Crayola, pictorial, early morning news briefing summary. I say he goes after Harley, Ford and everyone else adversely affected by his silly tariff war. Watch him throw soybean farmers under the bus for not being competitive. Just a hunch.

Yep, I think you might be right.

I don't wonder, I let it ride and hope for the best. Trying to time the markets is stressful, ignorance seems to be healthier; I'll let the professionals react to the ups and downs.

The reason I'm asking, is because just before the markets tanked in 2008/2009, they were acting kinda like they are now.

You maybe correct, but what's an amateur to do? I was just talking with my wife about moving a substantial amount of money from securities to a bank savings account, which has raised its interest payout to 2.99%.

Up till this year we were earning 8% on our managed investments after the fees.

You maybe correct, but what's an amateur to do? I was just talking with my wife about moving a substantial amount of money from securities to a bank savings account, which has raised its interest payout to 2.99%.

I'm not in stocks, I just notice various trends as they start to happen.

And, I fear there is a huge correction that is gonna put the stock market back down to 21,000, or possibly even 20,000, and that is gonna be scary for a lot of people.

But, they would do well to remember that their stocks were at only 7,000 when Obama took office, and when he left, they were at over 18,000.

The Fed never had Qualitative Easing or kept rates near zero when Obama was President, er, or something

The crusader doth points fingers to protect his messiah, methinks.

Wow, 8% on managed returns. For how long? That's really good. If you need that 8% to live off of it is a tough call, but I say take the 2.99 for now and run with your profits. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the OP!

he even claimed the Fed never raised interest rates when Obama was in office. Which showed an enormous amount of ignorance of Macroeconomics.

Tell us about all the Fed hikes during Obama's time in office.

There are a few Canadian Cannabis companies that look even better than they did last week

There are a few Canadian Cannabis companies that look even better than they did last week

OF COURSE they are going to look better. Canada just became the second nation ever to legalize marijuana across the board.

If you had bought stocks last week, you would have been on the ground floor.

Now? They are going to take off like wildfire because they are among the first.

New Topics

Forum List

Back