Slippery Slope of Historical Revisionism

I have often wondered why poverty-stricken southern whites elected to defend the South, was it because those whites felt superior to all those slaves and freed blacks? Is that the key to a caste system, have somebody at the bottom?
Well that's certainly the Marxist historians view.
That doesn't make it wrong.
Any historical analysis that focuses solely on class, gender, and race in order to make a point that ignores a much broader scheme is usually incorrect.
Usually? That still doesn't prove it to be incorrect. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best. What other reason would poor whites have for preserving a system in which they had no vested interest?

There are a number of reasons. Culture, self determination, obligation, family expectations, and ideas of their way of life are among them. Trust me. The white farm hand did not appreciate unpaid labor taking away his shot at a paid job. The "I can't eat but I'm certainly happy those blacks are at a lower strata than me" theory simply doesn't cut it! I've read a number of good books written by honest Marxist historians who left out the Marxism from their historical analysis. Those that don't are looking at history through a narrow political lens that falls apart to honest scrutiny.

In the end there is only one person who got to decide whether they go to war or not. that person was Lincoln. this cannot be disputed.

Wrong. You really are making an ass of yourself with this futile attempt at playing the apologist for the confederate traitors. History is not going to change to suit your strange obsession.

Couldn't help but notice the lack of evidence to support your claim.

Brigadier Traitor P.G.T. Beauregard

In the end there is only one person who got to decide whether they go to war or not. that person was Lincoln. this cannot be disputed.

Wrong. You really are making an ass of yourself with this futile attempt at playing the apologist for the confederate traitors. History is not going to change to suit your strange obsession.

Couldn't help but notice the lack of evidence to support your claim.

Brigadier Traitor P.G.T. Beauregard

Ok, and you're telling me this why?

Asylum of the Wolf

After seeing trailers for the market-inquisition Hollywood (USA) film "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013), I imagined the psycho-sociological ramifications of secret underground clubs being formed in America to celebrate uninterrupted profiteerism (i.e., Starbucks).

Imagine further that the members of such an eccentric club would wear metallic wolf-themed masks, to re-present themselves as allegorical 'trend-setting werewolves.'

What's the difference between individuality and arrogance?

:afro:

The Wolf of Wall Street (Film)

mask.jpg

Forum List

Back