Slippery Slope of Historical Revisionism

The problem for politicians is that the liberal media keeps a certain segment of society ready and willing to destroy property and commit assault and even murder to overcome whatever they perceive as historic insults and politicians are well aware of it. Personally I am offended by Washington D.C.'s celebration of the life of outlaw "Malcolm X" but being in the new "political" minority I keep my outrage to myself.

Most history is a form of revision, if an historical event were not revised, it would be a simple copy. The problem is that some would-be historians use politics as their motivation for revising, not the uncovering of more historical truth.

The problem for politicians is that the liberal media keeps a certain segment of society ready and willing to destroy property and commit assault and even murder to overcome whatever they perceive as historic insults and politicians are well aware of it. Personally I am offended by Washington D.C.'s celebration of the life of outlaw "Malcolm X" but being in the new "political" minority I keep my outrage to myself.
Malcolm X was no more an outlaw than Washington and Jefferson.

Malcolm X was no more an outlaw than Washington and Jefferson.

Um, yeah, he was.

You haven't even read his biography, have you kid?
Malcolm Little was a criminal, but Malcolm X wasn't. Big difference, especially after he went on the hajj and renounced his allegiance to the Nation of Islam. Just because you read his autobiography, doesn't mean you understood it. BTW, why is it so hard for you to elucidate the point you're trying to make? Typing finger got an owee? :itsok:

Slippery slope of historical revisionism News

An article from last Sunday's St. Louis Post Dispatch addressing the current hot-topic from the city's po' mistreated black folk who want the Confederate Memorial Monument (over 100 years old) moved out of St. Louis' famous FOREST PARK and hidden from their view forever. The crybaby bastards. IT'S FRIGGING HISTORY assholes...just like the memorial monuments in the park denoting the Northern soldiers.

Mod Edit:

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Why? Nathan Bedford Forrest did not create the Klan. He was elected at the head of the Klan after the fact. He also disbanded the Klan the moment it became violent. That aside, he was one of the Confederacy's most respected (on both sides) and ingenious tacticians.

Malcolm Little was a criminal, but Malcolm X wasn't.
Indeed. By the same logic you can absolve your felon status simply by changing your name.
No one is absolving anyone of anything. I was just pointing that as Malcolm X, no criminal acts were committed that I know of. The contention was that Malcolm X was a criminal but, as yet, no evidence has been given. Is one a criminal after one's debt to society has been paid?

It's amazing how 140 years later, conservatives are STILL trying to justify the evil of the confederacy. But then again, justifying evil seems to be their favorite activity.

Why what evil do you speak of?
Well it doesn't matter anymore really as they got their asses whupped and are no more than an ugly footnote in history. It's best we all try to forget they were willing to kill and be killed for their right to own human beings as slaves.

[QUOTE="Unkotare, post: 11459384, member: 31918"Do you really expect to be taken seriously after your last post, fool?[/QUOTE]Do you really expect top be taken seriously, when you refuse to discuss the topic and act like a punk? If you've got a problem with my analysis, say why. Otherwise, STFU.

Forum List

Back