Slim Pickin's

Back in the '70s, there was a 'Dune' project in development hell. Alejandro Jodorowsky wrote the screenplay and developed the storyboards with the French animation genius Jean Girard (Moebius) and Chris Foss. The art was unbelievably cool, but the Jodorowsky screenplay was a huge departure from the book. It never got a green light but, based on seeing other Jodorowsky's films, it would have been unwatchably surreal.

There's a film - "Jodorowsky's Dune" - out there, detailing the process. I'm so happy it never got made despite the star power and artists involved.

Salvador Dali as Shaddam IV! :auiqs.jpg:

Back in the '70s, there was a 'Dune' project in development hell. Alejandro Jodorowsky wrote the screenplay and developed the storyboards with the French animation genius Jean Girard (Moebius) and Chris Foss. The art was unbelievably cool, but the Jodorowsky screenplay was a huge departure from the book. It never got a green light but, based on seeing other Jodorowsky's films, it would have been unwatchably surreal.

There's a film - "Jodorowsky's Dune" - out there, detailing the process. I'm so happy it never got made despite the star power and artists involved.

You'd have to be an Olympic-level nerd to even know of the existence of that film.

main-qimg-a78dfdccdd5f7d9b28a360cf736792ef

Holy crap.
Dune fans.
I read everything by Frank Herbert.

I thought I was the only geek.

Anyone ever read the Destination Void series?
From book 2 The Jesus Incident many will see parallels to the world of the same name Pandora featured in Avatar. A fatal world to humans with a planet wide sentient plant species connected to all life on the planet.
Cloned humans of the far future worship Ship, the very vehicle that brought them to this fatal world in a journey over several thousand years.
Destination: Void - Wikipedia
Now this is what I would like to see as a series.

Frank came through my territory on a book signing just before the Lynch film opened. The local giant mall was doing a Dune promo, with pics everywhere, props from the film and people walking around in stillsuits. I packed up my Herbert books in a shopping bag and went.

Nice guy. Very gracious and chatty. We talked about Dune a bit and more about scuba diving. I kept handing him books. He would sign them and set them aside.

I handed him my copy of "Soul Catcher". Suddenly his eyes bugged and he grinned and turned to the aide that was with him.

"Look Jimmy! I found the guy that bought this!"

Was funny.

You'd have to be an Olympic-level nerd to even know of the existence of that film.

:auiqs.jpg:

I grew up with horror and science fiction. My Dad took me at age 6-7 to see stuff like "The Angry Red Planet" "Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory" and "Black Sunday" (not the Super Bowl film).

I grew up with horror and science fiction. My Dad took me at age 6-7 to see stuff like "The Angry Red Planet" "Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory" and "Black Sunday" (not the Super Bowl film).

Are you a fan?

c96CmCvxaxPXN_5bnNQExjSFmqgzKErPI7WaYlY9-qk.jpg

Are you a fan?

c96CmCvxaxPXN_5bnNQExjSFmqgzKErPI7WaYlY9-qk.jpg

Yup.

The people I see films with are similar. Only the best escape constant badinage.

Are you a fan?

Yup.

The people I see films with are similar. Only the best escape constant badinage.

My daughter and I riff on movies all the time. It's our bonding thing.

I will probably stream -

Doctor Sleep

Ad Astra

IT part 2

The Irishman

Star Wars: Skywalker

Maybe -

Joker

Looking forward to start of new season of Better Call Saul. Love that show. Found the Fargo seasons entertaining.
I was really intrigued by Legion which just finished its final 3rd season. Preacher is twisted weird but I like it. Netflix has a season of Altered Carbon, a disturbing violent dystopian future. Season two soon.

New Topics

Forum List

Back