Slim Pickin's

Ford vs. Ferrari

Zombieland: Double Tap

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

Those are the ones I'll be watching for on the movie channels... I don't do theaters these days.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

Those are the ones I'll be watching for on the movie channels... I don't do theaters these days.

The only upcoming theater release I plan to see is Denis Villeneuve's DUNE in November next year. I'm hoping he'll get it right.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

The only upcoming theater release I plan to see is Denis Villeneuve's DUNE in November next year. I'm hoping he'll get it right.

I've already seen DUNE.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

David Lynch didn't, that's for sure...

I'm kind of tickled that Eddie Murphy will be doing a sequel to Coming to America... for some reason I've always liked that movie...

The Current War is one I'm looking forward to...

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

No, you saw an attempt at DUNE. Not bad, but not right.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

Only movie I've ever seen true to the book was the cartoon "The Hobbit". Why is that?

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

Only movie I've ever seen true to the book was the cartoon "The Hobbit". Why is that?

His Lord of the Rings was pretty close too, 'cept ended at the Two Towers. I love rotoscoping. It's so trippy.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

His Lord of the Rings was pretty close too, 'cept ended at the Two Towers. I love rotoscoping. It's so trippy.

Whatever rotoscoping is.. :rolleyes:

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

I'm not sure 'Dune' is filmable.

I've already seen DUNE.

Animation over live action models. It's been replaced by CGI Motion Capture.

Last edited:

I've already seen DUNE.

Rotoscoping - Wikipedia

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

I read the book at age 14. The movie in my head at that time would have cost at least half a billion in unadjusted dollars.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Dolemite is My Name

Joker

Star Wars

I've already seen DUNE.

I read the book at age 12. The movie in my head at that time would have cost at least half a billion in unadjusted dollars.

A 'Dune' series might be doable. Give the material time to develop. The best adaptations of 'Dune' to date have been mini-series. But, they have suffered from small budgets.

A full-on 'GOT' budget and talent pool might pull it off.

I've already seen DUNE.

I read the book at age 12. The movie in my head at that time would have cost at least half a billion in unadjusted dollars.

A 'Dune' series might be doable. Give the material time to develop. The best adaptations of 'Dune' to date have been mini-series. But, they have suffered from small budgets.

A full-on 'GOT' budget and talent pool might pull it off.

Yeah, I always thought along the lines of Masterpiece Theater's "I, Claudius", but with a monster budget. It could cover all the stuff in 10-12 parts.

This film will be split into two parts, which may help.

The mini-series dealt better with the story in some ways, but looked cheesy. Fremen stillsuits seemed purchased second-hand.

Back in the '70s, there was a 'Dune' project in development hell. Alejandro Jodorowsky wrote the screenplay and developed the storyboards with the French animation genius Jean Girard (Moebius) and Chris Foss. The art was unbelievably cool, but the Jodorowsky screenplay was a huge departure from the book. It never got a green light but, based on seeing other Jodorowsky's films, it would have been unwatchably surreal.

Holy crap.
Dune fans.
I read everything by Frank Herbert.

I thought I was the only geek.

Anyone ever read the Destination Void series?
From book 2 The Jesus Incident many will see parallels to the world of the same name Pandora featured in Avatar. A fatal world to humans with a planet wide sentient plant species connected to all life on the planet.
Cloned humans of the far future worship Ship, the very vehicle that brought them to this fatal world in a journey over several thousand years.
Destination: Void - Wikipedia
Now this is what I would like to see as a series.

Forum List

Back