Sledding, alcohol, and New Years!

Instantly applying that snow pack should have helped.

Daughter wanted to go sledding w/a friend the other day but that fell through. Turns out her friend smacked into a tree and broke her wrist, banged up her knees, and got a lump on her noggin.

Daughter wanted to go sledding w/a friend the other day but that fell through. Turns out her friend smacked into a tree and broke her wrist, banged up her knees, and got a lump on her noggin.

Good thing she didnt go.

Good thing she didnt go.

Yeah. She and the wife got into a snit earlier that day and I could see the daughter pouting at not being allowed to go. Mothers know best?

Better install one of these on your sled, Ms. L. :D

z-146.jpg

We had a killer tobaggan one year. I was a grown woman...my mom bought it as a christmas present for my two very young boys but it was more appropriate for the adults, and we immediately identified that. Me, my husband, my brother, his wife and the boys...we spent weeks on that thing.

So besides the relatively straight forward head hitting a bank let's add:

Launching into a frozen ditch, hitting hidden piles of bricks at about 35 mph, and frostbite from throwing buckets of water down the slope in -15 weather, and failing to change your gloves out for dry ones before spending another couple of hours drinking and sledding madly down the steep ravine and street.....

It's a miracle any human makes it to 30.

Good thing she didnt go.

Yeah. She and the wife got into a snit earlier that day and I could see the daughter pouting at not being allowed to go. Mothers know best?

z-146.jpg

Ooooh ouch! :lol:

Luissa, are you OK...?

We had a killer tobaggan one year. I was a grown woman...my mom bought it as a christmas present for my two very young boys but it was more appropriate for the adults, and we immediately identified that. Me, my husband, my brother, his wife and the boys...we spent weeks on that thing.

So besides the relatively straight forward head hitting a bank let's add:

Launching into a frozen ditch, hitting hidden piles of bricks at about 35 mph, and frostbite from throwing buckets of water down the slope in -15 weather, and failing to change your gloves out for dry ones before spending another couple of hours drinking and sledding madly down the steep ravine and street.....

It's a miracle any human makes it to 30.

:lol: Isn't it...? I remember flying on those big old wooden toboggans back in the day..with several of us all hanging on together so a real massive weight at very high speed down a very steep hill...Now I just shake my head and wonder how my siblings and I even survived all the crazy things we use to do...

Ours had steering sticks, it was awesome. Two adults could sit in it comfortably. None of us weighed under 150...in fact, we were all undoubtedly quite a bit larger than that. And it lasted all winter long, with hard, hard use. My brother got mild frostbite on his fingers.

Good thing she didnt go.

z-146.jpg

Luissa, are you OK...?

My head kind of hurt saturday and sunday,but I am fine now. :lol:
It was fun to act young again, and be dumb for one night.

z-146.jpg

Luissa, are you OK...?

My head kind of hurt saturday and sunday,but I am fine now. :lol:
It was fun to act young again, and be dumb for one night.

Glad you're feeling better...Funny, my head was hurting and I didn't even go sledding! :dunno:

Forum List

Back