Sleazy Old Senate

I thought that the next step is for the GOP to stop this healthcare disaster with a lawsuit against its Constitutionality?

Even if it passes the USSC that lawsuit might slow it down until the 2010 elections are over. Hopefully Judge Napolitano is right and the USSC strikes it down on Constutionality.

I thought that the next step is for the GOP to stop this healthcare disaster with a lawsuit against its Constitutionality?

Even if it passes the USSC that lawsuit might slow it down until the 2010 elections are over. Hopefully Judge Napolitano is right and the USSC strikes it down on Constutionality.

Nothing has passed and been signed yet. Can not take it to Court till it does. And since Congress is exempt from the program I do not think any of them have standing to take it to Court. Further knowing our idiot Court system it will claim since it does not take effect till 2014 no one has standing until then.

Nothing has passed and been signed yet. Can not take it to Court till it does. And since Congress is exempt from the program I do not think any of them have standing to take it to Court. Further knowing our idiot Court system it will claim since it does not take effect till 2014 no one has standing until then.

Good point

The court could
Maybe the left is hoping to get a few more people on the bench by then
:(

This bill is a step toward creating a massive socialized health entity , a universally sick workforce which will become the basis for early deaths.

Perhaps this is their solution to the Social Security and Medicare reform problem Bush tried to solve.

Kill off enough old fuckers and that leaves more money for the rest of us when we get old enough to collect the benefits.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy.

I'm an old fucker.

So am I. So are they. But they made sure they excluded themselves from it.

I think their punishment should be that they have to rely on their own programs once they reach retirement.

Good point

The court could
Maybe the left is hoping to get a few more people on the bench by then
:(

I wonder if the Secret Service needs to start protecting conservative judges on the SC now.

Somebody could run one over or do a driveby and Obama would have total control of our government.

Makes you wonder why we don't do background checks on Presidential candidates.

Why has the Republican party always fought universal health care? Why do they care so much for the rich and no one else. Oh, that's right, they are they conservative.

As to the Dems ramming it through, how short your memory is, Willow. When the Repubs owned the whole mess, they didn't even let the Dems bring bills to the floor.

If you are going to bitch, bitch about both sides doing the same thing. The right has voted in a bloc since Obama got elected-duh.

P.S. They tried to bring the right in on this bill and were told to shove it.

You sound like one of the righters in our local paper blaming Obama care for every evil in the world. Like Retired said, there is no Obama care yet.

Why has the Republican party always fought universal health care? Why do they care so much for the rich and no one else. Oh, that's right, they are they conservative.

quote]

Why has the Democratic party always claim universal health care will be better; fair and equal for everyone. Oh, that's right, they are liberals.

The liberals will have you believe that is going to be equal for all
Who are they kidding?

Does anyone really think that the rich and politicians are going to be using the same services?

We only need to look at Papa Obama's killing of school vouchers for poor black kids in DC while he sends his kids to private school or see how congress refuses to put themselves in the new medical plan, to see they will never go without and have better than everybody.

It is always this way in socialized systems- misery is spread equally among the masses while the "inner party" members and friends get better services. Of course, we were told, then like now, how lucky we were to have such a great system.

I got a new sportscar for Christmas !! :)

Sort of, i just have to make payments on it for four years before i test drive it. But my elected officials from the top down said this was the best way to buy it and i trust them 100%

I got a new sportscar for Christmas !! :eusa_angel:

Sort of, i just have to make payments on it for four years before i test drive it. But my elected officials from the top down said this was the best way to buy it and i trust them 100%

Comrade

Do you really want to be that "bourgeois" ?

:lol:

Last edited:
Another thread where the right is ignoring the facts of single payer care.

Every other western industrialized nation has some form and they all beat us on Care results, they also pay less than we do right now for care.

You would have to be an idiot to examine the facts and not be for single payer.

Every other western industrialized nation has some form and they all beat us on Care results, they also pay less than we do right now for care.

We have one too....Medicare. Currently going broke.

How's that working for you?????

What are you using the UN stats?

That's a laugh

Medicare is not 'going broke' in reality. The 'going broke' projections are based on the premise that we would not increase premiums, which of course have to be increased because healthcare costs are increasing.

Medicare is not 'going broke' in reality. The 'going broke' projections are based on the premise that we would not increase premiums, which of course have to be increased because healthcare costs are increasing.

Oh yes Medicare is just right :eusa_pray:

Next you will be saying Social Security is fine

Medicare is up their with the History of Failure of gov't programs

Social Security was established in 1935. Congress has had 74 years to get it right and it is broke...

- Fannie Mae was established in 1938. Congress has had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

(Both the above created with President Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) and the Democratic Party controlled both houses of Congress)

- War on Poverty was started in 1964. Congress has had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and with no substantive change, they only want more.

- Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. Congress has had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

(Both the above created with President Lyndon Johnson (D) and the Democratic Party controlled both houses of Congress.)

- Freddie Mac was established in 1970. Congress has had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

(Started with President Richard M. Nixon (R) but remember the Democratic Party controlled both houses of Congress.)

- The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil and develop sources of ‘renewable’ energy. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. Congress has had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

(Started with President Jimmy Carter (D), and the Democratic Party controlled both houses of Congress.)

Getting to see the pattern? A Common thread? Congress,the Democratic Party,Failure maybe?

Well let's not forget the U.S. Postal Service, it was established in 1775. Congress, yes congress has had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Oh Merry Xmas

the right could not exsist without the constant refusal to believe facts that expose their ideas as failures.

the right could not exsist without the constant refusal to believe facts that expose their ideas as failures.

You mean Facts like the inability of the gov't to estimate proper costs and always underestimate- yeah sure- like we are going to save money - this time :eusa_whistle:

Senate Joint Economic Committee has released a report studying exactly that issue, and they found that health care plan costs are always dramatically underestimated. From the report:
Medicare (hospital insurance). In 1965, as Congress considered legislation to establish a national Medicare program, the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that the hospital insurance portion of the program, Part A, would cost about $9 billion annually by 1990.v Actual Part A spending in 1990 was $67 billion. The actuary who provided the original cost estimates acknowledged in 1994 that, even after conservatively discounting for the unexpectedly high inflation rates of the early ‘70s and other factors, “the actual [Part A] experience was 165% higher than the estimate.”
Medicare (entire program). In 1967, the House Ways and Means Committee predicted that the new Medicare program, launched the previous year, would cost about $12 billion in 1990. Actual Medicare spending in 1990 was $110 billion—off by nearly a factor of 10.

Medicaid DSH program. In 1987, Congress estimated that Medicaid’s disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments—which states use to provide relief to hospitals that serve especially large numbers of Medicaid and uninsured patients—would cost less than $1 billion in 1992. The actual cost that year was a staggering $17 billion. Among other things, federal lawmakers had failed to detect loopholes in the legislation that enabled states to draw significantly more money from the federal treasury than they would otherwise have been entitled to claim under the program’s traditional 50-50 funding scheme.

Medicare home care benefit. When Congress debated changes to Medicare’s home care benefit in 1988, the projected 1993 cost of the benefit was $4 billion. The actual 1993 cost was more than twice that amount, $10 billion.
Medicare catastrophic coverage benefit. In 1988, Congress added a catastrophic coverage benefit to Medicare, to take effect in 1990. In July 1989, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) doubled its cost estimate for the program, for the four-year period 1990-1993, from $5.7 billion to $11.8 billion. CBO explained that it had received newer data showing it had significantly under-estimated prescription drug cost growth, and it warned Congress that even this revised estimate might be too low. This was a principal reason Congress repealed the program before it could take effect.

SCHIP. In 1997, Congress established the State Children’s Health Insurance Program as a capped grant program to states, and appropriated $40 billion to be doled out to states over 10 years at a rate of roughly $5 billion per year, once implemented. In each year, some states exceeded their allotments, requiring shifts of funds from other states that had not done so. By 2006, unspent reserves from prior years were nearly exhausted. To avert mass disenrollments, Congress decided to appropriate an additional $283 million in FY 2006 and an additional $650 million in FY 2007.

Last edited:
Jammed their bill through st party lines 60/39

If that's the way it had to be, that's the way it is. The Democrats will get all the glory when America is healthy and prosperous.

Yup Glory indeed. over 60 percent of the people were opposed, they will find their Glory in the election cycle. This bill is loaded with pork and gives breaks for no other reason then to buy votes. And THOSE people won't be forgotten either. I hope several of them find out that the people of their State did not appreciate the blackmail and unconstitutional actions of their Senators.

You can believe that THIS bill and any compromise that may or may not pass from it will be part of the hammer the right uses on the left in November.

and as I mentioned before a lot of wasted time correcting/undoing things. United my ass!

Government Health care sucks. I should know, I have been on one form or another of it since I was 18 years old. First in the Military, and actually that was great. Politicians had nothing to do with it.
You got sick
You saw a Doctor
You got better

It was great. Then After being promised free health and Dental for life if I served 20 years, I did one better and went 22. But what happened, Government got involved. All of a sudden My free health care was gone, my dental was gone. Now I find we have been pushed onto Medicare and it costs us even more than before we were on fixed income.

Yeah let the Government run health care. I can show you what they are looking at. Nothing but the money. You didn't really think it was about the people did you?

If it wasn't for GD governmental regulations health care costs wouldn't be increasing at such an alarming rate. But your story sounded feasible.

As to the Dems ramming it through, how short your memory is, Willow. When the Repubs owned the whole mess, they didn't even let the Dems bring bills to the floor.

If you are going to bitch, bitch about both sides doing the same thing. The right has voted in a bloc since Obama got elected-duh.

P.S. They tried to bring the right in on this bill and were told to shove it.

You sound like one of the righters in our local paper blaming Obama care for every evil in the world. Like Retired said, there is no Obama care yet.

Dearest Dearest Ray. It matters not that the Republicans are against it. The demons have the majority in both houses and they have the wh. so why do you insist on blaming the Republicans???? HUH? :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back