Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all over the place in this thread Truthmatters... giving something free to any ethnicity wouldn't be seeing them as equals and there are many scholarships for the African American community.

Liberals especially white ones like her think that blacks are stupid and cannot survive with whites helping them either by giving them what they need to survive or by lowering the standards so they can succeed. It's all under the guise of equality but rational people like yourself can see it's just the opposite.

I'm white actually.

Kidnapping is a criminal offense, while at the time slavery wasn't, on the criminal count alone reparations are justified.

Slave owners didn't kidnap anyone, they bought those slaves with hard earned money. If a criminal act was made it was made in Africa out of US jurisdiction.

But for the sake of argument, let's see your evidence.

They participated in the commision of the crime.

kidnapping is the taking away or transportation of a person against that person's will, usually to hold the person in false imprisonment...

You're all over the place in this thread Truthmatters... giving something free to any ethnicity wouldn't be seeing them as equals and there are many scholarships for the African American community.

It is not free. The money owed to my ancestors could be used to further pad my bank account and be invested to make more money. Right now we have a lot of interest accumulating on that promised 40 acres and a mule even going by the rate back then.

How about THIS?
Every black child who can get a certain grade average gets free college?

Not every one should go to college, not even white kids.

How about treating all children black, brown, yellow, red or white exactly the same?

How about forking over with interest the value of the land and the mule owed to my ancestors?

LOL where are MY reparations? The Irish were once enslaved. Many people of other ethnicities were also enslaved. Time to move on people. Everyone nowadays has an equal opportunity to be what they want to be. I am not talking about the haves and have-nots, just generally people of all races in this country.

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

How do you calculate back wages? If you really want to calculate back wages just calculate how much the average west African makes and compare it to how much an African American makes. Then send them a bill every year for the difference! If back wages is your standard then the way I see it your reparations scheme is going in the wrong direction!

Last edited:
I'm white actually.

Kidnapping is a criminal offense, while at the time slavery wasn't, on the criminal count alone reparations are justified.

Slave owners didn't kidnap anyone, they bought those slaves with hard earned money. If a criminal act was made it was made in Africa out of US jurisdiction.

kidnapping is the taking away or transportation of a person against that person's will, usually to hold the person in false imprisonment...

Where's your evidence?

And you do know that those accused of a crime has a right to a speedy trial, the right to confront the witnesses against them and be tried by an impartial jury of the State and district in which the crime shall have been committed. Surely you wouldn't want to disregard the 6th amendment.

LOL where are MY reparations? The Irish were once enslaved. Many people of other ethnicities were also enslaved. Time to move on people. Everyone nowadays has an equal opportunity to be what they want to be. I am not talking about the haves and have-nots, just generally people of all races in this country.

The question was not about moving on. It was about if you were for or against reparations.

Not every one should go to college, not even white kids.

How about treating all children black, brown, yellow, red or white exactly the same?

How about forking over with interest the value of the land and the mule owed to my ancestors?

Sue me.

And good luck

Why would I sue you? You dont have anything to sue for. if I was inclined to pursue it against the Federal government your tax dollars would surely go to pay for it.

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

How do you calculate back wages? If you really want to calculate back wages just calculate how much the average west African makes and compare it to how much an African American makes. Then send them a bill for the difference! If back wages is your standard then the way I see it your reparations scheme is going in the wrong direction!

I already stated that all you have to do is calculate the value of the 40 acres and the mule starting at the going prices for that time then tack on accumulated interest since the failed promise.

Where's your evidence?

And you do know that those accused of a crime has a right to a speedy trial, the right to confront the witnesses against them and be tried by an impartial jury of the State and district in which the crime shall have been committed. Surely you wouldn't want to disregard the 6th amendment.

Not really. This would not be an individual thing. This would be the government of the US as the defendant silly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment

In 1988, Congress passed and President Ronald Reagan signed legislation that apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government. The legislation said that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership".[12] The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion in reparations to Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs

Last edited:

Liberals especially white ones like her think that blacks are stupid and cannot survive with whites helping them either by giving them what they need to survive or by lowering the standards so they can succeed. It's all under the guise of equality but rational people like yourself can see it's just the opposite.

fuck you very much racist asshole

you don't FOOL anyone with that pee wee defense crap

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4]I know you are but what am I - Pee Wee - YouTube[/ame]

you see just saying that who ever calls you a racist is a racist doesnt get you aything

fuck you very much racist asshole

you don't FOOL anyone with that pee wee defense crap

Damn you're funny.

Ignorant and stupid but funny.

The right can gain NO ground in this country by claiming that black people and anyone who supports their fellow Americans who are black are the ones who are the racists.

Its get you nothing

not one fucking vote.

it just make you look even more racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back