Slaughter Calls for ABC to Come Clean on New 9-11 Docudrama

And who had a PDB entitled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" come across his desk on August 6th 2001?...While he was on vacation in Crawford?.....
I agree that this is lame, especially in light of the fact that AlGore and company hampered the first few months in office, not to mention all the foot dragging by the Democrats in Congress to get appointments confirmed.

Bin Laden was offered to Clinton on a silver platter- so you blame Bush for 9-11. Very lame.

But he did. He claimed Saddam bought uranium from Niger. It's known as the Yellowcake Forgeries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake_Forgery

From your source:
During the 2003 State of the Union speech, U.S. President George W. Bush said, "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." The British claim could not be substantiated with evidence. The Butler Report is believed to be the source for the claim and the British Government continues to believe it is accurate.[/quote]. [emphasis mine]

Just because
The classified documents... had allegedly been suspected by some individuals in U.S. intelligence as fraudulent according to news reports
, doesn't mean that the consensus among intelligence sources is that the reports are accuate.

I'm tired of lies by Democrats claiming that Bush lied. It's lame.

From your source:
During the 2003 State of the Union speech, U.S. President George W. Bush said, "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." The British claim could not be substantiated with evidence. The Butler Report is believed to be the source for the claim and the British Government continues to believe it is accurate.[/quote]. [emphasis mine]

Just because , doesn't mean that the consensus among intelligence sources is that the reports are accuate.

I'm tired of lies by Democrats claiming that Bush lied. It's lame.
Just because they believe it's accurate doesn't necessarily mean it is accurate. I'm more than willing to bet my money that it is inaccurate.

You know what, I'm tired of the lies on both sides. I'm sick of the lies from Bush (mostly him) and the Democrats. But that's life, ain't it?

Just because they believe it's accurate doesn't necessarily mean it is accurate. I'm more than willing to bet my money that it is inaccurate.

So what is your definition of 'lie' then, becasue it doesn't seem to fit the Webster version.

Not admitting that you are wrong on this while continuing to politic on it appears to meet the definition of 'lie' more closely.

And who had a PDB entitled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" come across his desk on August 6th 2001?...While he was on vacation in Crawford?

I think you put too much faith in those DNC talking points, Bully. The information contained in the August 6, 2001 PDB given to Bush was compiled from data obtained in the late 1990's. Who was president between 1992-2000? George Tenet told the 9/11 Commission that the information presented to President Bush in the 8/6/01 PDB was compiled after President Bush asked for information about a possible threat to the U.S. from bin Laden/Al Quada after reading intelligence reports. Doesn't it make you suspicious that Clinton didn't read those same intelligence reports--or if he did, that he didn't take the threats seriously?

President Bush received this information on August 6, 2001. Al Quada hit the WTC on 9/11/01. Aren't you being just a tiny bit unfair to President Bush to expect him to connect the dots and fix this mess in a few weeks' time when Clinton had been at the helm for 8 years previously, had access to the same information, and didn't do anything about this information? And I won't even mention the fact that Jamie Gorelick built a wall between the FBI and the CIA that made it impossible to connect the dots.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/August6.memo/
If the CNN item doesn't come up, do a search for "August 6, 2001 PDB", and it will be the first or second item listed.
http://www.agonist.org/annex/pdb.htm

Who cares if the TV show has a few minor inaccuracies. The overriding theme still is true. Clinton was more wrapped up with adultery than with keeping us safe. Our President Bush has kept us safe. I live in constant fear that some day we will be hit again. But knowing that our President is on duty makes me less afraid. But what are we going to do when our President's term is up? Maybe our Vice President Cheney would change his mind and replace President Bush. Or maybe Mr. Rumsfeld. Has no one thought of Karl Rove? I believe all of these men practice family values, unlike some of the other potential candidates.

Who cares if the TV show has a few minor inaccuracies. The overriding theme still is true. Clinton was more wrapped up with adultery than with keeping us safe. Our President Bush has kept us safe. I live in constant fear that some day we will be hit again. But knowing that our President is on duty makes me less afraid. But what are we going to do when our President's term is up? Maybe our Vice President Cheney would change his mind and replace President Bush. Or maybe Mr. Rumsfeld. Has no one thought of Karl Rove? I believe all of these men practice family values, unlike some of the other potential candidates.

Clinton was no more or less responsible than his 3 predecessors or successor. None of them did what was needed, Clinton and Carter and Reagan and Bush 1 were more concerned with their own projects and distractions.

Do you know how transparent you are? …..I didn’t think so.:laugh:

Forum List

Back